Preview Collingwood v Geelong, 17 March 7.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst that may be true, Hawkins is still a player to be feared, even at 34.

Not sure that's the case for us anymore. Moore kept him borderline statless in the final and then did similar to Franklin.

Our issue was not having anyone for Cameron or Reid to least curtail them somewhat.

That's what Frampton was brought in for since Dean will most likely never play a single game

Not sure that's the case for us anymore. Moore kept him borderline statless in the final and then did similar to Franklin.

Our issue was not having anyone for Cameron or Reid to least curtail them somewhat.

That's what Frampton was brought in for since Dean will most likely never play a single game
In amongst all the talk about needing a shut down kpd to free up Darcy, people seem to have forgotten how magnificent Darcy was on the gorillas in the finals. Took them to the cleaners in contests and then sprinted away with the footy.

Just two more sleeps till we slither and slice those cats up into dim sim size portions. Never have I felt so confident about a game. Those sheep loving loving mummy's boys are in for a shock on friday night and on saturday I am working in Geelong and will have all my Collingwood kit on and just walk down the mall and side slap those those fur loving idiots. They are still in the dark ages, I mean. who even sees hair on pussy cats these days, they should all get one of those Brazilian cats without hair

In amongst all the talk about needing a shut down kpd to free up Darcy, people seem to have forgotten how magnificent Darcy was on the gorillas in the finals. Took them to the cleaners in contests and then sprinted away with the footy.

I think Darcy Moore learned a LOT from that Richmond game where he played Lynch ridiculously loose.

Because since that game, he's rarely if at all been beaten.

The issue is, Moore is the lone key back who is trying to:

• Beat his man
  • Cover for team mates who are undersized
  • Also intercept and attack

Which is what people seem to be forgetting. This is why Frampton is SO important.

It's not about Frampton being a superstar. He just needs to be there. There needs to be someone else there tall enough to go on a key back so Moore doesn't have to be the only one. If Frampton is being beaten by his opponent? That's ok, they can switch. But it means that Howe, Murphy, Maynard, et al no longer have to play above their own height.

I"m not expecting Frampton to be an AA key back. But I still want him out there because of the knock on effect he has on the rest of the 22

True, and we have the option of going back to that set up.
But I must say, I like seeing Moore & Howe across half back. If we keep the pressure on upfield, those two can really dominate.

If no Hawkins it would be idiocy to pick Frampton over Murphy.
To be honest I wouldn’t pick Frampton for this game regardless. Just don’t think he has a match up. Will be plenty of other games he plays but think he is not suited to cats forward line

Almost every team has two gorillas though, so its more about having another big, mature body to combat resting ruckmen and 6' 8" forwards. 1v1 ability has to be there, whilst a bit of run and kicking abillity is a bonus

To be honest I wouldn’t pick Frampton for this game regardless. Just don’t think he has a match up. Will be plenty of other games he plays but think he is not suited to cats forward line
Depends on who the Cats pick in place of Hawkins (if he misses) - my suspicion is that they'll pick Ceglar - my reasoning is that the Cats rely on Hawkins to do the deep forward ruck-work (well, he just pushes the opposition ruck in the back and grabs the ball from the throw-in, so technically, that's probably not ruck-work) as well as providing a deep target for Cameron to kick too. Don't think they'll mess with the Stanley/Blicavs combination for around the ground as that would mess up their behind the ball structure. If they go with a smaller target Danger/Henry/Rohan then that puts them at risk of being outmarked and they tried that in the last practice match and it failed. So if Ceglar is in, I'd go with Frampton - if not, then I'd go with Murphy as he is well suited to one of: Danger/Henry/Rohan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Almost every team has two gorillas though, so its more about having another big, mature body to combat resting ruckmen and 6' 8" forwards. 1v1 ability has to be there, whilst a bit of run and kicking abillity is a bonus
Agree - I think the concept of Frampton is exactly what we need (hopefully he can play). I was more just suggesting that we don't need to "release" Moore. Him playing like he did in the finals is more than OK by me. Let him play on and thrash gun KPFs.

Not if cats go with a ruck forward.
Blicavs, Ceglar or Stanley

He was towelled up by Sam Reid against Sydney whilst Howe was toweled up against Cameron and Franklin.

Whether or not Hawkins play shouldn’t come into it. We need to select our best back 7 and let them develop cohesion.

While I was happy with us trading for Frampton I'm not sure he did anything over Summer to dispel the idea he's more suited to the role of a tall intercept defender rather than filling the hole that was created with the departure of Roughead.

Hopefully he can and does but the jury is still out and it's why if Hawkins doesn't line up we might be tempted to just go with the undersized Murphy as the more proven commodity and we use Moore on Cameron.

While I was happy with us trading for Frampton I'm not sure he did anything over Summer to dispel the idea he's more suited to the role of a tall intercept defender rather than filling the hole that was created with the departure of Roughead.

Hopefully he can and does but the jury is still out and it's why if Hawkins doesn't line up we might be tempted to just go with the undersized Murphy as the more proven commodity and we use Moore on Cameron.
Yep exactly. Intercept defender.
Dean is more a FB one on one.

Yep exactly. Intercept defender.
Dean is more a FB one on one.
Whatever Dean may or may not be as a defender we are unlikely to see first hand. He and Krueger have neatly fallen in line to march out the door of the club suffering chronic injuries that will prevent them playing more than a game or two between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back