Game Day Collingwood v Sydney SCG Sun 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our finishing position is in our own hands, get a win today and it’s top 3 at worst.
Just hoping we can continue our winning ways and get the job done.

It was posted on the Swans board at 2.33pm and no one has replied to it 😂
I’ve figured the 8 out, I think!
If we win our next two, we finish 2nd (verse winner of Melbourne vs lions)

If we win tomorrow today and lose next week, we finish 3rd (verse the winner of Melbourne & Lions).

If we lose tomorrow today but win next week, we finish 4th (Sydney jump us & we verse the cats).

If we lose both, we finish 6th and verse Richmond. (maybe Carlton, if Richmond don’t win both. Assuming Freo win against the Giants, if not we finish 5th instead of 6th).
That looks a bit better.

Sure, but I'd rather Melbourne at the G than Geelong. Although we could also play Brisbane if we win today but lose next week.

Best bet is to just go undefeated for the next 2 months

Nah, if we lose either one of the next 2 games, we finish 4th.

Edit: if we only lose today, we finish 4th. If we only lose next week, we finish 3rd.

Last edited:
Mum was a rabid South Melbourne supporter dating back to the day they were called the 'Bloods'.

She passed in 1990 so when they won one up north I broached one of the bottles of Laphroaig and toasted 'The bloods' and her.

I'm sure dad wouldn't have minded as he passed in 1964.

The remaining bottles are over 50 years old now and I'm anxious to broach at least one more before I pass.
God I love Laphroaig! Favourite dram by far!

You literally just posted this:

Hahaha, let me explain myself.

If we win today, Sydney can’t jump us. Meaning if we lose next week, we’ll finish 3rd.

If we lose today (and win next week), Syndey will likely jump us (if they beat saints). Meaning we finish 4th.

Simply put : win today, lowest we finish is 3rd.

If we win today, Sydney can’t jump us. Meaning if we lose next week, we’ll finish 3rd.

If we lose today (and win next week), Syndey will likely jump us (if they beat saints). Meaning we finish 4th.

Think I had replied before your edit. Gotcha

Can see the script on this one. Buddy has a day out, Swans towel is up. Footy World writes us off. Epic clash of the Titans vs Baggers next week. Another cliff hanger but we bundle them out of the finals.

Defib please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can see the script on this one. Buddy has a day out, Swans towel is up. Footy World writes us off. Epic clash of the Titans vs Baggers next week. Another cliff hanger but we bundle them out of the finals.

Defib please.
He's kicked 10 in his last 3 games, but against weak opposition. I'm curious to see how he goes against a strong backline

Losing today wouldn’t be a disaster as long as we beat Carlton and finish 4th.

If we finish 4th we play the Cats off a bye at the G. If we win that then we likely play Brisbane in the PF at the MCG and the next week play the winner of the other prelim, likely Swans vs Cats at the SCG.

I think we’d go in favourites against Brisbane and the Swans at the G, and there’s no better time to play Geelong than in a QF after a week off!

Attachments

• B245A48E-63EE-48C5-8933-E7B10EAC6E5B.jpeg
    B245A48E-63EE-48C5-8933-E7B10EAC6E5B.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 31

Agree. Winning today will be better ( if we only win one of the two, this Is better for our finals chances).

Finishing 3rd ( even better, 2nd, so we are guaranteed an mcg final regardless of other results) gives us the best chance of advancing in finals.

Incidentally, when we run out against Carlton, their position in the eight will be unclear because the dogs game will still be in progress. If the dogs lose…. Carlton make finals regardless….. Then the Collingwood game becomes a dead rubber for them. Hopefully this gives us an edge!

Happy Sunday everyone.
I'm still basking in the glory of last night's game. You probably haven't heard so I'll just recap for you: Carlton were 8 points up with 2 minutes to play but then they completely shat the bed. Melksham outmarks 4 Blues defenders in the goal square and kicks a goal. You heard that right .. Melksham outmarks no less than 4 Carlton defenders.
There's less than a minute to go and all Carlton have to do is bottle it up. Instead they just bottle it.
With 15 seconds to go Pickett snaps a goal from the midst of a scrum to give Melbourne the win. The fleshy ripping sound of Blues fans hearts being torn asunder could be heard from the moon.

Oh.... And go Pies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back