Game Day Collingwood v Sydney SCG Sun 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a little silly to take the one of the best pressure sides in the comp on an 11 game winning streak too lightly.
But I understand why they have some confidence. They’re also on a streak and are playing us at home.
They also have the tools to get it done.
Carlton are full of tools but didn't get it done - it's a tricky world out there.

Been circling on social media too. I've had a few questions about it.
It's probably only circling because it originated from here. Adds a bit of colour to the game, something else to contemplate leading to the announcement of late changes. De Goey out, season over, hit the whisky early. Show eldest son some WW2 pics or videos of assisted seppuku.

Swans beaten no one since the bye. Only top 8 win against the Freo.

Last 3 they beaten Gws, Adel and North - big deal.

I think they're being pumped up a bit too much.
The Buddy Effect. He is an overrated player. Yes, he's kicked 1000 goals but he's also 36 now. His goals against Norf last week were not a testimony to his ability but a testimony to Norf's game plan and Jaidyn Stephenson's howler.

The Buddy Effect. He is an overrated player. Yes, he's kicked 1000 goals but he's also 36 now. His goals against Norf last week were not a testimony to his ability but a testimony to Norf's and Stevo's horrendous performance.
He still averages the 6th most goals per game in the comp

The Buddy Effect. He is an overrated player. Yes, he's kicked 1000 goals but he's also 36 now. His goals against Norf last week were not a testimony to his ability but a testimony to Norf's game plan and Jaidyn Stephenson's howler.
Don't poke the bear. We have enough problems without inviting more upon ourselves.

True, but they’ve won them fairly convincingly whereas we’ve scraped over the line against similar opponents. So will see

Have we ever not had a late out when we have not played 2 emergencies from the start of the VFL game.

People talk about Degoey's value to the club but rarely mention the fact that he and Adams miss volumes of games every year. How often has he had a standout game and then missed weeks. I remember he blitzed Geelong with a matchwinning five goal game and then missed the next 6 with a broken thumb. I'm flat as a tack now. Our two best mids in a team already struggling with clearances spells disaster. If Bianco or Brown are his replacement I will weep.

This is a massive game.

If we win we sew up a top 4 spot. If we lose we drop out of the top 4 to the team we're playing and are unlikely to get back in.

The week after we have the opportunity to knock Carlton out of the 8 and out of finals.

It's a massive two weeks and I hope we keep winning!
We just need to win 1 of the last 2 for top 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to compare the form, looking at it, it’s not unreasonable that they would be favorites ( IMO only a fool would bet against either team at the moment) …

R21:
CFC defeated Melb at MCG by 7 pts
Swans defeated Nth at Marvel by 38 pts

R20:
CFC defeated Port at MCG by 6 pts
Swans defeated Giants at SCG by 73 pts (The McVeigh “Players have checked out” game)

R19:
CFC defeated Essendon at MCG by 4pts (Elliott’s kick after the siren)
Swans defeated Adelaide at SCG by 33 pts

R18:
CFC defeated Adelaide at AO by 5pts
Swans defeated Freo at Optus by 17pts

R17:
CFC defeated North at MCG by 7pts (The coach killer game)
Swans defeated Bulldogs at SCG by 53pts

R16
CFC defeated Suns at Metricon by 5pts
Swans defeated BY Essendon at MCG by 9pts

R15
CFC defeated Giants at MCG by 11pts
Swans defeated Saints at SCG by 51pts

Time to ride the chaos train again.

I have assembled a crack team of medicos,
Have the heart/lung machine, defibrillator, adrenaline shots, oxygen.
The machine that goes ping.
Case of beer and a bottle of JW double black.
Lucky undies are on.

Hoping the Pies are as well prepared.

Bring it on.

Go Pies!:thumbsu:

One of the emergencies will be the sub, the other held over in case someone gets hurt in the warm up.
Maybe but we dont normally do that. We normally pull someone off at half time in the VFL. I think someone is most likely out.

In case you weren’t already nervous…
Read it and felt immediately besmirched by Cloudshouter's 80% Great Unwashed label placed on anyone who deigned to absorb any media output on anything, but particularly the game itself.

Interesting to compare the form, looking at it, it’s not unreasonable that they would be favorites ( IMO only a fool would bet against either team at the moment) …

R21:
CFC defeated Melb at MCG by 7 pts
Swans defeated Nth at Marvel by 38 pts

R20:
CFC defeated Port at MCG by 6 pts
Swans defeated Giants at SCG by 73 pts (The McVeigh “Players have checked out” game)

R19:
CFC defeated Essendon at MCG by 4pts (Elliott’s kick after the siren)
Swans defeated Adelaide at SCG by 33 pts

R18:
CFC defeated Adelaide at AO by 5pts
Swans defeated Freo at Optus by 17pts

R17:
CFC defeated North at MCG by 7pts (The coach killer game)
Swans defeated Bulldogs at SCG by 53pts

R16
CFC defeated Suns at Metricon by 5pts
Swans defeated BY Essendon at MCG by 9pts

R15
CFC defeated Giants at MCG by 11pts
Swans defeated Saints at SCG by 51pts

There's a lotta SCG in those stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad