Collingwoods 2011 Trade Talk Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Also I wouldn't want Collingwood to touch Sam Gilbert. He's a decent mark but that's about it. We'd be looking at another version of Simon Buckley.

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Gilbert, he wasn't far off from being Scum Kilda's hero. Admittedly he was playing on Maxwell when he had the chance to kick 3 or 4 in the second quarter of the GF replay....

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Gilbert, he wasn't far off from being Scum Kilda's hero. Admittedly he was playing on Maxwell when he had the chance to kick 3 or 4 in the second quarter of the GF replay....
And look what he did with his disposals. I don't have a problem with the way he plays to get the ball, but when he actually does have it, if I was a Saints supporter I'd be closing my eyes every time he went to kick it.

I don't know how this rates as far as AFL players but looking at his stats this year, Gilbert averages a direct turnover every 5th disposal.

And look what he did with his disposals. I don't have a problem with the way he plays to get the ball, but when he actually does have it, if I was a Saints supporter I'd be closing my eyes every time he went to kick it.

I don't know how this rates as far as AFL players but this year every 5th disposal Gilbert makes is a direct turnover.

Yeah I know he tends to panic quite a bit but there's no denying he's one talented bugger mainly due to his athleticism.
I'm not his biggest fan just think he would be the best fit for us out of those brought up ITT so far.

The decline in form by Nick Maxwell this season means that we should not float Tyson Goldsack as trade bait.

Likewise, Leigh Brown's retirement will probably mean that Cameron Wood stays.

Brent Macaffer to GWS was a rumour I heard at the start of the season. I wouldn't be surprised if he has committed. He is out of contract I believe. If not, I don't think we can get much for him, maybe a 3rd round pick.

John McCarthy should be floated as trade bait but I doubt that we will get anything of value given he hasn't really impressed in the AFL when gotten the chance.

If Leon Davis requests a trade to WA, maybe we can look at getting Mitch Brown from Eagles. I'm sure he will fit in with the team being Nathan Brown's twin and given he has been on the outer this season for the Eagles, he would be obtainable. Mitch Brown could be an option to fill Leigh Brown's third tall forward position, although he can't ruck like Leigh Brown.

I think the team's biggest need is a developing centre half forward. If Cloke gets injured we don't have anyone in the VFL to come up and fill the role (Keeffe is not a CHF). Butcher would of been great but his trade value has gone through the roof due to his last 4 games. I don't think we have the trade chips to satisfy Port. Jarrad Witts will probably spend the majority of the VFL at full forward next season sharing duties with Ceglar in the ruck, given it is expected that Wood will probably be in the AFL full time.

As for trades, hopefully we can do a deal with GWS for one or two prelisted players like we did last year with GC for our first round pick. I would love to see Tom Sundberg picked up as a prelisted player and traded back to Collingwood.

Yeah I know he tends to panic quite a bit but there's no denying he's one talented bugger mainly due to his athleticism.
I'm not his biggest fan just think he would be the best fit for us out of those brought up ITT so far.
Looking further into it, it's probably even worse. I'd say nearly every clanger Gilbert has had has been by foot, meaning it's most likely around 1 in every 3 kicks is a direct turnover. We don't need that at the Pies.

I know what you're saying though, but he's not someone I think the Pies would or should go after.

I think the team's biggest need is a developing centre half forward. If Cloke gets injured we don't have anyone in the VFL to come up and fill the role .

Mitch Clarke from Brisbane would be a handy pick up.
He could be our new Leigh Brown.
He can play up forward and pinch hit in the ruck, plus he could play centre half forward if Cloke does get injured.
He might be a bit expensive though.

not sure how he is going to fit under the salary cap.. but i've been hearing that collingwood has been in talks about accquiring bernie vince from the crows. he is a melbourne boy and many suggest he is keen on returning home. we dont really need him bt if he is keen to cross over would we take him? thoughts?

Recently re-signed at the crows ... would have had to pay overs anyway...prefer to leave him there:)

Beaten to it*

Mitch Clarke from Brisbane would be a handy pick up.
He could be our new Leigh Brown.
He can play up forward and pinch hit in the ruck, plus he could play centre half forward if Cloke does get injured.
He might be a bit expensive though.

He could make extra money on the comedy circuit, mimicking Chris Tarrant.

No doubt Mitch Clark would cost a lot to get. IIRC Richmond were chasing him until his management told them how much he was after (think it was reported at over $600k/year). Sounds like he's pretty likely to either sign on with the Lions for a big salary or go to GWS.

Strong word out of AFL is that Dawes to Port for Butcher. Collingwood cannot offer Dawes what he deserves and Port want a ready made young replacment to bulid around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strong word out of AFL is that Dawes to Port for Butcher. Collingwood cannot offer Dawes what he deserves and Port want a ready made young replacment to bulid around.

Wont happen, Dawes will not go to Port, no disrespect but they are in shambles.

Sorry to intrude.....But the thread title caught my attention.

Anyway, just wondering if any of you expect Brad Dick to request a trade. WC need a natural small forward and Brad is from WA....I also think he might struggle for opportunities at Collingwood with: Blair/Krak and the newly recruited duo of Ugle and Fasolo.

He may well be behind all them next year, and with his extremely injury prone body he might as well move back home now because if he gets another long-term injury and calls it quits he doesn't need to go far.:thumbsu:

With his injury history, do you reckon a pick in the 70+ region would be sufficient?

Sorry to intrude.....But the thread title caught my attention.

Anyway, just wondering if any of you expect Brad Dick to request a trade. WC need a natural small forward and Brad is from WA....I also think he might struggle for opportunities at Collingwood with: Blair/Krak and the newly recruited duo of Ugle and Fasolo.

He may well behind all them next year, and with his extremely injury prone body he might as well move back home now because if he gets another long-term injury and calls it quits he doesn't need to go far.:thumbsu:

With his injury history, do you reckon a pick in the 50+ region would be sufficient?
Yes, with all due respect to Brad his other option will be getting delisted.

thats not a bad idea that one mitch brown has been on the outer at the eagles
And that's the kind of deals we need to do considering our salary cap, Mitch Clark would be fanatstic but he'd cost a bit and it may come at the expense of developing Witts, Wood, Keeffe and Ceglar

I would Really Doubt it would Happen as Dawes has said he would not leave the Club.

Though that be a Fair Trade as Butcher could Replace Dawes in the Forward Line.

Wouldnt mind Beams at the Suns, rate him highly and a gc local. Beams for Toy + 2nd rounder?
He gave up the opportunity to sign with GC a year or two ago and now it's rumoured he's in negotiations with the Pies for a contract extension. I'd say neither he or the Pies would consider it, even if it was a good deal that GC was offering.

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwoods 2011 Trade Talk Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back