List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

That would be a great outcome for us but excuse my pessimism coming from someone with 1 post who joined 36 mins ago.
That's fair, but I only had 1 post because I only registered to share the information.

And remember...

male-masseur-smiling-and-putting-hot-stones-on-back-of-woman.jpg

Yeah, I think that's well unders for Houston if Lukosius is a salary dump.
I’m not sure that Luko is a genuine salary dump. Yes they’d like the cap space but they’ve also been forthright in saying that they’re happy to keep him if a fair deal can’t be reached.
As we sit now, yeah I think pick 13 in a draft that has matured to have a strong reputation is worth more than the future first of the reigning premier and a pick in the 30s in a year where that range wasn't valued very highly.
Sorry but you’re way overvaluing pick 13 here. You’ve bought way too much in to the hype about this draft.

Last edited:

GC's list manager did an interview today saying they will look to put some of their selections this year into next years draft, given they may have a couple of 1st round academy players in 2025
Said he would sit down with the pies during trade period to try faciiiate something for Noble.

Sorry but you’re way overvaluing pick 13 here. You’ve bought way too much in to the hype about this draft.
I think you're overvaluing what we paid for Schultz. Even if it's a standard draft the future first of the reigning premier would need sugar added to get you pick 12 - particularly as it's only going out one spot with compo and there will likely be less matching beforehand than what is becoming standard.

That would be a great outcome for us but excuse my pessimism coming from someone with 1 post who joined 36 mins ago.

Hypothetically if it happened (and we added Tomlinson as a DFA) we use the two 50s picks this draft to take best of the rest (we seem better at nailing those late picks than the ones in the 20s anyway).

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
And the Winner is, Dayne Swan.

It’s been widely reported that we have met Houston and are attempting to gain the capital for a trade. His preference is supposedly Carlton but Port are pissed at them for refusing to offer their first pick this year.
Has anybody considered that Houston’s preference for Carlton is only because his manager saw the Blues as the only club having the draft capital to successfully trade for him? (North also but he wanted a big Melb club)

Has anybody considered that Houston’s preference for Carlton is only because his manager saw the Blues as the only club having the draft capital to successfully trade for him? (North also but he wanted a big Melb club)
I'd love to know more of the dynamics between players and managers - are all managers 100% above board with their players??

Trying to remember the rules.

This was in 2022, not sure if the afl changed the rules

"Under the AFL's rules, clubs can trade out a future first-round draft selection but if they do that, must retain the rest of their future selections for that draft. If they trade out a second, third or fourth-round future pick, they must hold their first-rounder for that year."
Not to poo poo what you wrote because I’m not sure myself. But if this is the case re retaining rest of their (clubs) picks, that means a Club can’t go into deficit?

But am I hearing Clubs can go into deficit with future trade pics now?

Again not sure and could also be wrong.

GC's list manager did an interview today saying they will look to put some of their selections this year into next years draft, given they may have a couple of 1st round academy players in 2025
Said he would sit down with the pies during trade period to try faciiiate something for Noble.
F1, Pick 35 and Noble for Pick 13 and future second.

I think he has a relationship with Crazy Vossy from his time as an assistant/development coach at Port.

Not to poo poo what you wrote because I’m not sure myself. But if this is the case re retaining rest of their (clubs) picks, that means a Club can’t go into deficit?

But am I hearing Clubs can go into deficit with future trade pics now?

Again not sure and could also be wrong.
Can't trade 2 years in advance until next year
You always can go into deficit though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he has a relationship with Crazy Vossy from his time as an assistant/development coach at Port.

He is best mates with Jack Silvagni?

On one of the podcast I listened to, it was mentioned that when Houston first floated the idea of moving to Victoria, part of the reason was to play more midfield. That is something we are in a position to offer.

i dont like any of the reimbursement stuff from free agency but I cant believe that there's so much noise about the effects on the draft order. Evidently pick 16 has slipped to pick 18....big deal. Most of these recruiters - including our personal favourite derek - have problems picking a decent player at pick 16. I dont think two spots is going to make any difference. Before draft night, it all sounds like science, but a year or so after draft night, you can see it was really a lottery...

I think you're overvaluing what we paid for Schultz. Even if it's a standard draft the future first of the reigning premier would need sugar added to get you pick 12 - particularly as it's only going out one spot with compo and there will likely be less matching beforehand than what is becoming standard.
I’m not overvaluing anything about Schultz, you’re the one who brought him in to this conversation not me. Absolutely nothing about the deal I’ve proposed was based on that trade, that’s something you’ve made up in your head to try to justify your reasoning that we’d somehow be paying unders.

Still wondering about the jimmy bartel talk aswell………

Coincidently, I had to find something to listen to when mowing the lawn so listened to the Eddie and Jimmy pod.

It was a week ago (last Sunday or Monday?) but they had a few buy/sell discussions about a few teams. Jimmy was a "buy" on Collingwood, and I quote "Collingwood are going to make some moves in the Trade and Free Agency period which we are not aware of just yet"

Ed didn't ask him anything, so assume he knows... just kept the conversation flowing.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back