Opinion Commentary & Media V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an absolute disaster.
Red Time Roos baby yeah!..

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

hardly a surprise. fwiw it pretty much tracks the ladder percentage so its a bit of a storm in a teacup really, fix general issues and red time will look after itself.
Fitness more than anything else. And that is going to take time. You can’t knee jerk it which frustrates some but just gotta hope another preseason of them munting after drills gets us there.

Certain clubs - West Coast come to mind - will literally drive up with a garbage truck full of cash for Clarko. I reckon he'll do whatever the hell he wants and I suspect his legacy rather than the dollars will be what matters in the end.

The most practical thing now seems to somehow convince Goldy to stay, have X play as much as possible, trade him while his value is highest and groom CCJ to replace Goldy in time.
Yep. I agree. If Goldy continues to hold the #1 ruck standard until the years end (and still remains committed to the club), lets use X to purloin an experienced key defender. The market demand for rucks is pretty high at the moment.

It was a future second round pick. And they turned it down. So fu** knows what their offer was, but it clearly wasn't much.

Future second round for Xerri seems about right. Doubt the Saints will chase him again since they plucked that other ruckman from SA, Hayes I think his name is.

Xerri looks like Polly Farmer in the VFL. The gap however to the AFL is significant.

The reality is the only way to see if Xerri and/or CCJ are AFL-standard ruckmen is to play them there. Which means the coaches really need to make a tough call on Goldy if they are going to take that approach and let him see out his career elsewhere, because he is purely a ruckman that has played his entire career as a ruckman and isn't suddenly going to reinvent himself as a CHF.
Agree 100pct with this,,,,,to improve you need to pit yourself against better opposition. If you play enough VFL, you become a VFL player even a very good one is seldom on par with an average AFL player. Even if its just for a taste in a small stretch of games as a youngster to know what is required and go back and prepare better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s been a bit of talk on their board about trading out Meek at the end of the year. Who would their Darcy backup be, unless they score a big fish like English?
Ok, but between Lobb, Tracey, Tab I’d have thought on the face of it they’d be able to cover it but if they want two dedicated rucks I guess it’s a good point. I wouldn’t think they’d want to part with much for a backup but let’s dig into it

Ok, but between Lobb, Tracey, Tab I’d have thought on the face of it they’d be able to cover it but if they want two dedicated rucks I guess it’s a good point. I wouldn’t think they’d want to part with much for a backup but let’s dig into it
To be fair, it was exceptionally wishful thinking on my behalf.
I mean, why would X agree to go to Freo when he’s got less chance of being the #1 ruck there then he does at North?
Not sure I’ve got a promising future as a list manager tbh.

To be fair, it was exceptionally wishful thinking on my behalf.
I mean, why would X agree to go to Freo when he’s got less chance of being the #1 ruck there then he does at North?
Not sure I’ve got a promising future as a list manager tbh.
Don’t sell yourself short, he could be part of a good combo in that scenario.

You’ve seen something others haven’t.

I’d really love an afl “football manager” type game. There’s been a few but I’m talking something comprehensive like FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back