CONFIRMED: Fev to Brisbane + Pick 27 for Lachlan Henderson and Pick 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh dear, Carlton has no forward line. By the time Henderson is properly up and running. Judd will be 29 and had his groins removed.

Game over for Carlton. :) :thumbsu:

I still can't get over this goal to goal line.

FB- Bradshaw/ Merrett
CHB- Merrett/Bradshaw
C- Black
CHF- Brown
FF- Fevola

Just Wow.

I tried to tell those dumb Carlton fans they needed to get Ryan O'Keefe last year. All they had to do was trade their first round pick

That would have given them a shot at top 4 with their gun midfield linking to Fev through ROK at half forward

Now they've lost Fev, and got nothing. not even Mark Williams

The salary cap fraud karma is still biting!!

I never, ever thought that we'd be able to get pick 12 AND Henderson. I always thought it would be one or the other with steak knives thrown in, but to get both is fantastic.

Kudos to Carlton for having the cojones to trade Fev. And the deal is not bad for Carlton. But it is not fantastic. You just traded the Coleman medallist and AA FF for pick 12 in a weak draft and a 15 game player who is no certainty to be a gun.

Re: Fev to Brisbane

It is a way better deal for Carlton make no mistake and I think Lions supporters will be very disappointed to illustrate that point.
yeah, I think it is an improvement too.

Said through gritted teeth, this is a much better trade for Carlton's future.

Bradshaw will be used as the swingman and will be rested at times throughout the season.

Vossy knows 2010 is the time for the Lions, Bradshaw wont play on past 2011 and Black and Power aren't getting any younger. While they're still playing excellent footy, this is their season.

Vossy is doing all he can to secure another premiership for the Lions and good on him for doing so. He knows what he wants and he's set out to achieve it.

great deal

fev wanted to go, he will be missed but will give guys a chance to step up and see what options we can develop other than kicking to fev.

i dont see the blues being ripped off here, much like judd deal, kennedy reminds me of lachlan at the same stage.

blues get younger, lions make sure they do all that they can to win now.

good deal for both teams

Will be very interesting to see if there is a noticeable change next year to the perceived professionalism amongst the playing group at Carlton. I mean, teams like Geelong and Adelaide are universally venerated for theirs, wonder if Fev actually was a concrete weight...

GO BLUES...very happy with this outcome...:D

Only question for the Lions is where are they going to be in 5 years? Bradshaw, Black and Power will be gone. They just traded one of their most promising young key position players in Henderson along with their first round draft pick this year. And next year's draft will be compromised by Gold Coast getting every second pick.

They'll certainly be a major force for the next 2 or 3 years however.

See im not sure Bradshaw can play back anymore, not sure he has the speed or agility to play as a modern CHB who needs to be able to rebound. I think most likely is JB will be used around the ground more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think it's great to have a coach seriously toppping up and having a tilt when the cattle is still there. carlton may have a great "deal" but they're still waiting 3-4 years, through the introduction of gold coast and GWS to actually realise a crack at a premiership. voss is either going down in flames or breaking the mould. unless brisbane and hawthorn meet in the finals next year, i'm hoping brisbane can do good things.

Dare I say "win-win"?

Huge, balls-out moves by both clubs.

Lions are going for WIN NOW, and Fev will utterly slay teams in Brissie playing on second defenders.

I am pumped the Blues have got back into the first round AND a quality KPP prospect. Come on, that's a brilliant get from how it looked last night.

The Blues forward line WILL struggle in 2010 - but now I feel we have the pieces to build our forward line for the next 5 years and a serious Premiership run in a few years.

Awesome.

Bye Fev, thanks for what you've done for us. You're a good, silly bloke, and you made us trade you. Hope you succeed in Brisbane.

And welcome Henderson! Blues fans, make sure you give Hendo the love. It's not his fault he'll be seen as a Fev replacement. He's going to be very good for us for a long time. Long after Fev has retired too.

From the comments on here I think I am in the minority in thinking Carlton got the raw end of the deal.

They get Henderson who really hasn't shown a huge amount, sure he is a young KPP, but I'm not convinced he'll be that good. As for the picks, in a weak draft its pretty much pot luck with both pick 12 and 27. Certainly shouldn't expect pick 12 to deliver a superstar.

The deal is effectively Fevola for a far inferior Henderson, with a slightly higher chance of Carlton getting a better player than Brisbane with the swapped draft picks. Forwards of the calibre of Fevola are pretty rare, Brisbane would be pretty happy I think.

From the comments on here I think I am in the minority in thinking Carlton got the raw end of the deal.

They get Henderson who really hasn't shown a huge amount, sure he is a young KPP, but I'm not convinced he'll be that good. As for the picks, in a weak draft its pretty much pot luck with both pick 12 and 27. Certainly shouldn't expect pick 12 to deliver a superstar.

The deal is effectively Fevola for a far inferior Henderson, with a slightly higher chance of Carlton getting a better player than Brisbane with the swapped draft picks. Forwards of the calibre of Fevola are pretty rare, Brisbane would be pretty happy I think.

I agree with this.

its good to see a coach have a crack now rather then patiently build for the next 5 years. the lions have a lot of quality players who may not be around for the next tilt at the flag. good on vossy i say

Re: Fevola Deal Done

That is trade poetry. :thumbsu:

Seems Vossy's aim is the shake up the AFL system as much and as fast as possible. I like it.

we didn't have any bargaining power though because he had to go
of course we were never going to get market value for him
we got the best deal we could considering the situation
win/win for both clubs

Seems Carlton may have done quite well after all if the reports about Fevs action on ninemsn at the moment are true.

Have they lodged the paperwork, as if the reports are true there will be AFL action against the Fev.

Seems Carlton may have done quite well after all if the reports about Fevs action on ninemsn at the moment are true.

Have they lodged the paperwork, as if the reports are true there will be AFL action against the Fev.

You don't think that Brisbane or the AFL were aware of what Fev got up to on Brownlow night?

Just because the details of what he did or didn't haven't been widely reported up until now doesn't mean that those in the know wouldn't have been fully aware of what he did at their function.

There'll be no further action against Fev

Remove this Banner Ad

CONFIRMED: Fev to Brisbane + Pick 27 for Lachlan Henderson and Pick 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Back