Congratulations Adam Cooney 2008 Brownlow Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't half the night, did you actually watch it ?

He deserved all his accolades, playing AFL at 36 and still polling votes. What have you done in your footy career to be able to critisise ?? :thumbsdown:

Whats Mike Sheahan done to criticise? What have any of us 'done'?

I respect Harvey but as per usual the send-offs go WAY over the top See: Hird...and Harvey was not a player without his deficiencies despite his longevity

In short, are you serious with this comment? :eek:

I like Wanganeen as a player but he shouldnt have won, Diesel should've. Still, well done. Great achievement. Maybe Williams can get some retribution this Saturday when the Blues take on the Baby Bombers.

This post was brought to you by the colour green and the number 1993.

im not going to question any1s football knowledge because im sure u all have deep roots and have been involved over a long period....however Rob harvey in the late 1990s was absolutely Phenomenal, and at that time was as good a matchwinner as any1. This was 10 years ago and some people may not remember. I came from a soccer family,,,however the sheer class of harves single handedly moved me towards this code.. in his prime his as good as any

Congratulations Cooney very deserving winner, lol its funny to watch all the Geelong fans have a whinge and then act as if it means nothing, just admit you are shattered that Ablett or Bartel didn't win hahahahahahahahahaha

Slagging off Cooney because ablett didn't win (and the fact he got injured is no ones fault) is poor form by geelong supporters and anybody else who is doing it. Ablett's time will come, and if it doesnt he won't be the first.
And saying Cooney isn't a deserving winner in his own right is 1. ignorant (tell me which games he didn't deserve to poll in, that he did), 2. jealousy and 3. bitterness that you lost at the TAB.

Well done cooney.

Congratulations Cooney very deserving winner, lol its funny to watch all the Geelong fans have a whinge and then act as if it means nothing, just admit you are shattered that Ablett or Bartel didn't win hahahahahahahahahaha

Why are people getting angry with us when THESE types of posts are flying around? :rolleyes:

Whats Mike Sheahan done to criticise?

In short, are you serious with this comment? :eek:

Nothing. But he has never critised Robert Harvey. Harves is a model for the game.

In short....yes i am. I have never played football at any high level, and i never have a dig at those that have, and deserve their accolades, ala Harves. From the grass roots to the highest level he is the eptomin of footballers :thumbsu:

Re: Congratulations Adam Coney 2008 Brownlow Medalist

Worse winner ever.

It's clowns like you that make supporters of other clubs hate Collingwood.
You were implying "worst" as opposed to worse. Learn your grammar first.
I presume you are some high school kid that is bored.
There is no need for crap comments like that dude.
Give credit where it is due.
Cooney is a deserving winner as he is one of the reasons the Bulldogs had such a good season. He gave them drive from the centre.
I watched the count at a friends house who hates football and he said in the end that he never thought that he would enjoy watching a Brownlow medal count. He was also impressed by Cooney on stage and said he seemed like a nice bloke.
Well done Adam Cooney and Good Luck. :thumbsu:

Slagging off Cooney because ablett didn't win (and the fact he got injured is no ones fault) is poor form by geelong supporters and anybody else who is doing it. Ablett's time will come, and if it doesnt he won't be the first.
And saying Cooney isn't a deserving winner in his own right is 1. ignorant (tell me which games he didn't deserve to poll in, that he did), 2. jealousy and 3. bitterness that you lost at the TAB.

Well done cooney.

Ignorant would be ignoring the players that should have won instead of Cooney

Jealousy - well, not sure what you mean there? :confused:

I didnt lose at the TAB and it has nothing to do with anything

Nothing. But he has never critised Robert Harvey. Harves is a model for the game.

In short....yes i am. I have never played football at any high level, and i never have a dig at those that have, and deserve their accolades, ala Harves. From the grass roots to the highest level he is the eptomin of footballers :thumbsu:

Every player is susceptible to some criticism. In fact, EVERYONE in any profession ever is susceptible to criticism. To say they arent because they are a 'good bloke' and a role model is silly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what a joke....a bloke plays half a season and wins the brownlow....disgrace

i betchya you wouldnt be saying that if abblett or bartel won it ! Stop being so greedy and wanting every accolade for geelong all the time for once !

cooney had a fractured knee for at least 5 weeks probably and that was courageous enough if you ask me !

Well regardless of the debate about who should - I believe Adam Cooney is a fine Brownlow winner.

WEll done young man :thumbsu:

Working at the Dome I get to see abit of players from other teams and I find I like watching Cooney at work. A real footballers footballer.

Again well done.

Cooney is a deserving winner as he is one of the reasons the Bulldogs had such a good season. He gave them drive from the centre.

The Brownlow Medal is for the best and fairest player in the competition. If it was given out to players who've helped their club have a succesful season, or who've given drive from the centre, then Brownlow Medals would be a dime-a-dozen.

Some people can't seem to get it through their heads, the Brownlow is a collection of votes as compared to the other players on the ground in each match, it is not who is the best or most talented player in each year. I would suggest that the only ones complaining are;

1. People who lost money
2. Geelong supporters
3. People who have not watched many Dogs games, particulary from first 15 rounds where he was a dominant player.

Don't forget Cooney played the second half of the year with a cracked knee cap which shows exactly what he is made of, still developing and improving and will be better again over next couple of years. Also watch out for Griffen next year.

cooney so drunk, drinking since 10 am,lol, pretty funny speech, he thought he'd get in2 the top 10 and he be happy, but to win,??,he won that in 1st halve of season, and black almost won that would had been a joke aswell, joel selwood future brownlow comin, gaz unlucky again, this year missed 4 games, and missed most of fremantle game, bartel should had more votes he was better this year than last year, especially 2nd halve of season, cooney doesnt feel like a brownlow medallist, richo that would had been good if he won. :):eek::cool:;)

Well done Cooney, I look foward to another great year from you and the team in 09. And I thought his speech was one of the better speechs in recent times.

I think he's a worthy winner. Alot of bitching and moaning as usual but Cooney has been very good over the whole season. I was suprised Bartel didn't poll better than he did. Well done Cooney you star, Judd is a shoe in for next season though. :thumbsu:

Why are the geelong fans on this forum such filth...they were pleasent when we played them throughout the year?

i think a lot of them are becoming very cocky and arrogant and full of themselves after last years success - which is sad !

as for the brownlow, on many occasions the ouright favourite doesnt win, so i suppose that there must be MANY un-deserving brownlow winners out there ey??? :confused:

anyway, well done coons ! Great news for the Dogs, and a great season too !

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations Adam Cooney 2008 Brownlow Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Back