Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 20, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
29,327 posts
Wow. Just an amazing feeling right now & I think a big congratulations is in order for the Hawks.

A few years ago, in the dark days of the mid 00's for the club I, like many football lovers couldn't foresee the rise of this club to become the biggest Victorian club of all!!

Looking back to the dark old days of the 96 merger proposition, not many of us could have known that the Hawks would become the mmost successful operating club in Victoria - on & off the field, outdoing the likes of Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon & Geelong.

A member base of 52, 290. Operating net profit of $2.7 mil (Coll, Geel @ 600k), the most lucrative sponsership deal, 1 recent flag & a hugely promising list that should snag another premiership in the next year or two. NZ national football club league sponsor & the best facilities in the AFL out at the old arctic park(who would have thought!!!??!!).

So congrats Hawks, Hawk fans & football lovers in general on rising from the burning coals & becoming the new powerhouse of AFL football in Victoria. We all look forward to the many prosperous years to come.

To fans of other clubs, have faith in your clubs, as like us at Hawthorn, you too may rise from the ashes and one day become a powerhouse club. Good luck to all.:thumbsu:

A 1 year rebuild, reload & refire. Everyone at Hawthorn has the faith. We will complete our five2fifty business plan on time. Thats 2 flags, 50, 000 members by 2012.

Big 4? That's obsolete. What we have now is the Big 1 - Hawthorn!

All other clubs should be shaking in their boots.

Just imagine what could have been if Hawthorn used some of the $2million profit on injury management.

Profit does not equal success.

Just imagine what could have been if Hawthorn used some of the $2million profit on injury management.

Profit does not equal success.

Or if they didnt sell their games interstate, so that their members got to go to 11 games!

They should sell another 4 games to Darwin, then another 3 to Canberra. That way they could have 80k members and 6 million profit per year.

success equals everything I outlined in the OP, kahn. We have learned from 2009, re - injuries etc. One year out in the cold between premiership challenging will be well worthwhile.

Or if they didnt sell their games interstate, so that their members got to go to 11 games!

They should sell another 4 games to Darwin, then another 3 to Canberra. That way they could have 80k members and 6 million profit per year.

we do get 11 games in melbourne, skepper. Four replacement games that members can attend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Franklin_Rd1309_246b.jpg

You said it Buddy... This isn't going to end well.

As much as I hate to say it because of all the Hawthorn ********s on this forum..... It's been an amazing all-round comeback by the club.

Wait, what have Hawthorn done?

Oh, that's right, they conned off my ****** state into giving them money in exchange for a bunch of awful games down here.

Makes me cringe to think that my money is helping Hawthorn in some way.

Must really grate you that you have never seen Geelong beat the Hawks in a Final. :thumbsu:

PS its the best thing Tassie has ever plowed money into.

Yeah... well done to the Hawks considering the merger scenario. I won't go trusting membership numbers or profit figures while Kennett is at the helm though. That guy knows all the tricks to get positive numbers.

Wait, what have Hawthorn done?

Oh, that's right, they conned off my ****** state into giving them money in exchange for a bunch of awful games down here.

Makes me cringe to think that my money is helping Hawthorn in some way.

The $5million plus/annum they leach out of this place is keeping Tasmanian football just where Vlad wants it, in the F***** gutter. The new state league is kept poor & ineffective by the AFL. Its a bloody disgrace.

I must admit it is a rather admirable feat, as much as I despise Hawthorn I do have respect for the club and how it's done in the years I have been around.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back