Mega Thread Congratulations Matt Priddis

Remove this Banner Ad

Such a humble guy.

Not a complete shock either, he polls well most years...was leading the count halfway through 2011 IIRC.

I'm not a hater cause I don't hate Priddis by any means. I just don't think he's the greatest player in the competititon.

I mean, I love my mum and think she's pretty special at times. But is she the greatest mum in world? Hell no, too many flaws.

She does work hard though so if she keeps her head down and keeps being a mum she may win the Greatest Mum in the World Award. Apparently that's how things work these days. Especially if she moves next door to the judges.
Tell that to your mum.

I'm not a hater cause I don't hate Priddis by any means. I just don't think he's the greatest player in the competititon.

I mean, I love my mum and think she's pretty special at times. But is she the greatest mum in world? Hell no, too many flaws.

She does work hard though, so if she keeps her head down and keeps being a mum she may win the Greatest Mum in the World Award. Apparently that's how things work these days. Especially if she moves next door to the judges.
I'd wager your mum is a better kick of a football though

Shit, you don't watch much football. He ain't a tagger.

The Brownlow is what it is, and people wonder why it throws up a questionable winner sometimes.

Each game, there's only 3 vote getters and only 3-2-1 to distribute. It's not much to play with. A massive game from a star player in a big match is judged the same as a consistent performer in a game where there's not that many stand outs. It's not hard to see why occassionally someone unexpected wins. Hell, most years the favourite doesn't win.

Congrats to Matt Priddis. Consistent footballer. Works his tail off and gets noticed as such. Not a superstar but a very good player. He's harshly judged because he's pretty much the best midfielder (at least in terms of consistency) we've got. If he was part of a stellar midfield, he'd be talked about as being a massively underrated cog in a well-drilled machine. Plays with what he's got and deserves his kudos.

Yeah, good post. One of the more accurate ways to put it all.

The problem isn't with Pridis AFAIC (said above I rate him as a good player), it's the system itself and the totally unwarranted prestige given to it - not that there haven't been great players that have won it in the past of course, but that it's such a flawed system to begin with in so many ways (the mathematics of it being one as you mention) that you're going to get this sort of result from time to time.

Gotcha. Contribute nothing and ask others to do the same.

The internet will survive with your valued contribution.
Missed where I said that he's a worthy Brownlow winner and the stats back it up?

I was yawning at your offended

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For everyone on this thread that has suddenly decided that Priddis is a worthy winner of being the best player in 2014 just because he acted humble and gave a good speech, I ask this question:

Would any of you right this very second agree to replace your best midfielder with Priddis? Would any of you agree to replace your second best midfielder with Priddis? Third?

If any of you answer no to the above questions, then just take a second to appreciate that the supposedly best player in 2014 is not even worthy of being traded into your team. HA.

Congrats to Priddis a very underrated player and deserved winner.

Even so I still have to pose the question does the Brownlow need to be changed? Or emphasis put on other awards as THE award to win, Coaches Association, MVP?
Not having a go at Priddis but it is a midfielders award and other great players don't necessarily get credit because they don't play in that position, at least create an award for defenders they don't get enough credit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Congratulations Matt Priddis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back