Mega Thread Congratulations Matt Priddis

Remove this Banner Ad

Priddis - Club champion (likely multiple club champion) and Brownlow medallist 2014

Number one 'love to hate' target on WC board for being traded or dropped. 332 pages thread ongoing for a number of years.

Can anyone think of another club champion so hated by their own team?

I'm a bit torn. I don't like saying a guy isn't "deserving" of a Brownlow, but it just doesn't seem to add up. For starters, he wasn't even selected for the All-Australian team, so is it a) incompetent selectors or b) he really didn't have that good of a year? It's got to be one of the two.

I don't know what it is, but it just doesn't sit well with me. Add to the equation the fact that I've heard many media comments about West Coast and the fact that they've apparently got "no A-Grade midfielders". Priddis obviously is always the highest rated of the bunch but he still cops a lot.

I don't know, there's probably no point being frustrated, but it just doesn't seem right.

Anyway, congrats M.Priddis.

Correct, he isn't.

That said, I'm happy for him. He seems like a nice and humble guy.

This. He seemed like a genuinely nice bloke - and he's not a terrible winner by any means. He was helped by being a high possession winner in a middle of the road team.

All I can say is thank god WCE fans dislike him as much as Freo fans seem to.

The Fyfe/ Priddis WA shitfight that would have occured otherwise would make for a very shit week for me indeed.

Oh, and congrats Matt Priddis. After the shit you cop from your own supporters, its a deserved medal.
Sounds like as a moderator you are in for a busy week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woewoden is the happiest man alive right now.

Now it is a two way race for worst Brownlow medalist ever.

There is no way in hell that Priddis is the best player of 2013.
Priddis is a far superior player to Woewodin

steven-bradbury-.jpg

Congratulations Priddis. Enjoy watching him play. Good honest no nonsense footballer. Love it when an outsider, blue collar footballer wins. May not be part of the favoured 'glamour' brigade but deserves his win. Seems a humble nice bloke.

Because blokes like Lance Franklin actually win their teams football games.
When does a non mid win the brownlow? It's a midfielders award voted by umpires, favs don't win it all the time that's why it makes great viewing. Mvp is the award the favs win. Seems like a ripper bloke and I'd rather see him win than a toss bag like franklin.

No problem with him winning. just because he isn't flashy doesn't mean he doesn't deserve it. No doubt other players are better on a day, but his consistency being a very good player and contributing by playing hard and putting is head over the ball makes him worthy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Congratulations Matt Priddis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back