Tasmania Congratulations on Tassie License. Mens team to enter 2028. Womens team TBA. Other details TBA 3/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rubbish we will be no different to any other interstate club it will actually be easier to schedule games against Victorian clubs due to it only being a 50 minute flight compared to the wa and Queensland clubs

I don't think distance has much to do with it.

However I hope the people signing the contracts understand the AFL like many of us do.

Don't trust the baskets. Get it all on paper. Especially equity of games over time, like other clubs.

Rubbish we will be no different to any other interstate club it will actually be easier to schedule games against Victorian clubs due to it only being a 50 minute flight compared to the wa and Queensland clubs
AFL can't afford to off load all the non-Vic and low drawing teams to Tassie if they want bums on seats.
People in Tassie were already sick of getting lumped with these teams through Hawks(and Roos) time down here - no one was going to the games.
Fans won't stand for it again.

AFL can't afford to off load all the non-Vic and low drawing teams to Tassie if they want bums on seats.
People in Tassie were already sick of getting lumped with these teams through Hawks(and Roos) time down here - no one was going to the games.
Fans won't stand for it again.
I think the crowds will still be better simply just because it's our own team playing.

I don't think distance has much to do with it.

However I hope the people signing the contracts understand the AFL like many of us do.

Don't trust the baskets. Get it all on paper. Especially equity of games over time, like other clubs.
Due to the blockbuster games Collingwood Richmond carlton Essendon all play each other twice generally so you would think the majority of there games against Tasmania would be played down here that would be low drawing games in Melbourne common sense really. Wookie is just going on another one of his anti Tasmania rants ignore!

Due to the blockbuster games Collingwood Richmond carlton Essendon all play each other twice generally so you would think the majority of there games against Tasmania would be played down here that would be low drawing games in Melbourne common sense really. Wookie is just going on another one of his anti Tasmania rants ignore!

Maybe, but its something the Government need to get straight b4 we invest such sums in the team & facilities.

The AFL have form. we need to see the i's dotted & T's crossed. ;)

exactly. You will be like every other interstate club. Except with smaller stadiums. If you think the AFL doesnt care about that, you are sadly mistaken. Look at the travel arrangements for some of the big victorian clubs over the last 40 years.

exactly. You will be like every other interstate club. Except with smaller stadiums. If you think the AFL doesnt care about that, you are sadly mistaken. Look at the travel arrangements for some of the big victorian clubs over the last 40 years.

Seeing the bigger Vic clubs once in a blue moon will be an improvement in never seeing them, as now.

That apart, again, they need some contractual arrangements to get a fair go at this A/VFL competition. Otherwise we may end up as financially bad as GC are now even with all their favoured treatment. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well 11 different teams have to play here each season so there all going to come here at some stage . the afl want a Tasmanian team to pay for themselves they don’t want another financial drain like gws and the suns so you would giving them a decent fixture would be smart

Well 11 different teams have to play here each season so there all going to come here at some stage . the afl want a Tasmanian team to pay for themselves they don’t want another financial drain like gws and the suns so you would giving them a decent fixture would be smart

Take 6 non victorian teams. Then guess who else is coming - North, Melbourne, St Kilda, Western Bulldogs - these have historically been the AFLs travel scapegoats - and I bet the Hawks keep coming for a game a year to touch base with their existing support.

Oh youll end up with one or two of the bigger clubs - probably. Some Victorian clubs dont visit some states for years on end, and too many games interstate for the big Vic clubs actively hurts the leagues bottom line.

Richmond has played the Suns away every year since 2017, and GWS away every year from 2016-2021.

I think we still are unlikely to get the big teams often,Geelong doesn't get the biggest teams very often.

Geelong plays the big teams at 'home'.

It's just that they frequently play these 'home' games at the MCG.

MCG wont be an option with a Tas team, although in saying that, few are likely to claim the fixture is fair, balanced and even. Tas will play them once/year...where could be interesting, but I dare say these clubs will probably prefer to play the games in Tas rather than host a Tas team (after the first year or two, I'm not sure how big a drawcard it would be 'away').

Im not saying they wont get any, but it wont be many. But then they'll be adding effectively an extra round in the season...so who knows.

The question of how good a drawcard Tas is across the rest of the country will be a factor in who plays them where too.

Shouldn't be, but this is the AFL after all.

Will 99% come down to what the afl want I wouldn’t take much notice of what Gill said about majority of clubs. From a number of reports there were a number of clubs not overly keen on the suns at the time but were more or less told buy the afl it was happening so they might as well support it

Yes and no.,..

As I've said a few times, I think Gil and the AFL will be offering 'inducements' (bribes) to get teams voting the way they want. (as opposed to clubs just doing what they're told).

This seems to have happened with GC/GWS, and there is no reason to think it wont be happening here.

Exactly and that’s Richmond probably the biggest drawing vic club at the moment I think wookie needs to head back and do some proper research before assuming everything for the worst

Its not an unfounded observation. Theres 40 years of AFL fixturing to back it up.

Play the content not the poster, or you wont be posting at all.

Im not saying they wont get any, but it wont be many. But then they'll be adding effectively an extra round in the season...so who knows.
I think the opposite of what you're saying will end up being true.

Richmond mostly plays Gold Coast and GWS away because the crowds at the MCG for these games are normally the lowest, so the AFL tends to schedule our home games against larger drawing teams and away games against lower drawing teams to maximise revenue.

If say a Richmond vs Tasmania game ends up being a low drawing game at the G and a high drawing game at Devils' Den (I hope they keep that name), then I think we'll find Tassie getting more home games against the big Vic clubs more than away games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back