Tasmania Congratulations on Tassie License. Mens team to enter 2028. Womens team TBA. Other details TBA 3/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

As clear as mud JR - and threating Tom Browne's reputation regarding ambiguity....
Tom Browne clearly hates Tasmania. His reporting on the state's bid seems to be based more around what he hopes will happen rather than facts.

He's constantly called our bid "in shambles" and at one stage he said it was dead 😂😂

Brent Costello reporting that a decision on a Tassie AFL team won't be made at the meeting shortly because the report for a Tassie team will only be given to teams to take back to their boards.

We are going to have compromised drafts and players getting poached again

The draft concessions gc and gws got when they entered were bloody ridiculous. hope the AFL come up with a better system where it dosent disadvantage the lower ranked teams who need to rebuild via the draft
I used to agree with you but I'm not sure the draft concessions hurt as much as predicted.

2010 the bottom eight was North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Adelaide, Melbourne, Brisbane, Essendon, Richmond and West Coast. 2011 bottom nine was Western Bulldogs, Fremantle, Richmond, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane, Port Adelaide and Gold Coast. Out of all those clubs only Essendon and Gold Coast haven't played finals since. Four of them have won Grand Finals with Adelaide, West Coast, Western Bulldogs and Fremantle losing a Grand Final in that time. In fact, out of the 12 grand Finalists since 2016 only two came from clubs within the top eight in 2010 or 2011 (Sydney, 2016, Geelong, 2020).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it’ll happen, it’s just a matter of when. It’s funny that Clarkson once said Tassie could possibly enter the competition by 2028. 2027 is the last year of his North contract. Perfect timing for his takeover.

Imagine if the AFL gave Tassie a provisional licence, they're all excited to enter the competition by 2028, but North is still a basket case on-field in 2027, with continual low crowd attendances. Nek minnit, "just jk tas we're gonna send north there next year lol sucked in."
I think it’ll happen, it’s just a matter of when. It’s funny that Clarkson once said Tassie could possibly enter the competition by 2028. 2027 is the last year of his North contract. Perfect timing for his takeover.

Imagine if the AFL gave Tassie a provisional licence, they're all excited to enter the competition by 2028, but North is still a basket case on-field in 2027, with continual low crowd attendances. Nek minnit, "just jk tas we're gonna send north there next year lol sucked in."

If it helps, just to ensure Tassie's entry, Canberra will fall on the North relocation grenade 😉

North should be pretty safe from relocation, you’d think. They’re going well off field and even if Clarkson doesn’t deliver, I don’t know how much it’d bleed over to off field problems.

I really can't see any more relocations happening in my lifetime.

The one up side to so many Melbourne teams is you can play multiple games in places that couldn't sustain a full-time team. I expect places like Newcastle or northern Queensland will benefit from North having a surplus of games.

In my opinion as soon as GWS stop playing games in Canberra that will signal the start of putting a team in Canberra

Canberra 20 or Canberra 21?

For me, Canberra 21 as NT has dibs on No. 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back