Votes: 9 8.3%

Votes: 57 52.3%
  • 30 or more

Votes: 7 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Fc8Klp4agAI7AtH

Leigh Matthews last year - 'Carlton co-captain Patrick Cripps has “aged badly” and “become a journeyman” in the space of two years, according to the AFL legend'

Here's to you Leigh ...

A big UP YOURS!

10e00b0ff8933d6cd00e15f2f443b917
I don’t know what’s happened to Leigh Matthews. For so long a voice of wisdom when commentating on our great game, but recently he’s making as much sense as Mick Malthouse. None.

I have never bought individual player award winning merchandise in the past, but I think I will make an exception and purchase a momento of Cripps awesome brownlow win from the Carlton shop once it's available

Seen every brownlow count live since 1987 or so, this is definitely right up there as my favourite/most memorable count

Seeing Petracca getting annoyed by Gil mispronouncing his name and some of the drunken antics from the Bulldogs lads was fun.

Just absolutely buzzing.

The bloke continues to grow, as does my admiration for him.
As does my......my um.... my ah..... Admiration, yep my admiration grows for him....

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the crack about Vossy coming in and having everyone stand up and then telling them to sit down if they didn't have a Brownlow... and Diesel stayed standing because he has 2 of them.

I don’t know what’s happened to Leigh Matthews. For so long a voice of wisdom when commentating on our great game, but recently he’s making as much sense as Mick Malthouse. None.
Too many concussions I reckon.

Huge year Crippa!

Effectively played 2 games less than Neale and Miller. Injured in Q1 in the GC game and missed the following week. He won the Brownlow from 20 games- huge, huge effort. He also had to rove to an inexperienced ruck (who lost more hit outs than he won) once Pittonet went down with injury.

He kicked 20 goals this year with an average of a goal a game. Both Neale and Miller averaged 0.4 goals a game. Put that in perspective, he kicked 1 more goal than Petracca this year who spends more time forward than Cripps and is considered the best mid-fwd in the game. He has the most impact on a game out of any midfielder in the competition and is a massively worthy winner. Had we won more games in the past he’d have another Brownlow.

Enjoy opposition supporters saying he’s not worthy because of the suspension being overturned. That’s absolutely gold and makes it even more enjoyable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brownlow Congratulations Patrick Cripps - 2022 Brownlow Medalist 🏅

Back