Votes: 57 52.3%
  • 30 or more

Votes: 7 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

These 2 ...

Fc8LVz4aMAE0o21

Leigh Matthews last year - 'Carlton co-captain Patrick Cripps has “aged badly” and “become a journeyman” in the space of two years, according to the AFL legend'

Here's to you Leigh ...

A big UP YOURS!
I'm gonna give a little shout out to the egregious one Gerard Whately here.

On SEN over the summer, there were a number of callers - mainly Carlton supporters - and others in the media like Matthews suggesting that Crippa was broken. I remember his words were "anyone who thinks that Cripps won't get back to his best has got rocks in their head".

I'm gonna give a little shout out to the egregious one Gerard Whately here.

On SEN over the summer, there were a number of callers - mainly Carlton supporters - and others in the media like Matthews suggesting that Crippa was broken. I remember his words were "anyone who thinks that Cripps won't get back to his best has got rocks in their head".

I give you Matt Rendell :rolleyes:

"The lesson learned out of the whole thing was Cripps at 13," Rendell said. "Great kid, great interview, great clearance ... but basically didn't run outside the square.

"Then he goes for testing at the combine and runs an 11 beep. Jesus, I could run an 11 beep. So I've gone, 'This bloke is going to be a midfielder on an 11 beep?' Ain't going to happen."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved the shoutout Crippa gave to his finance Mon, clearly those two are madly in love, and she looked amazing tonight too.

Maybe this is recency bias, but this does seem more enjoyable and memorable brownlow win for us than Juddy (Eddie Redface aside)

Maybe cause he was a player we drafted and developed on our own.
Been a while since we had a 'home grown' brownlow winner.

ec21910d2761a0ef9b1cd451e43d48ff
Yeah and for as great a player Juddy was, isn't the easiest of blokes to warm to.

"I'm going to be sober this time next year, that's my goal"

Indicates his goal is Grand Final/Premiership

Club never sets this standard outwardly, but Cripps just let us all know that's the goal he's driving his players towards. Good to see

Congratulations Patrick Cripps, a thoroughly deserving Brownlow Medallist. And a great Carlton man. I love you
We hope he means that, or maybe hes just going to quit alcohol.

Huge year Crippa!

Effectively played 2 games less than Neale and Miller. Injured in Q1 in the GC game and missed the following week. He won the Brownlow from 20 games- huge, huge effort. He also had to rove to an inexperienced ruck (who lost more hit outs than he won) once Pittonet went down with injury.

He kicked 20 goals this year with an average of a goal a game. Both Neale and Miller averaged 0.4 goals a game. Put that in perspective, he kicked 1 more goal than Petracca this year who spends more time forward than Cripps and is considered the best mid-fwd in the game. He has the most impact on a game out of any midfielder in the competition and is a massively worthy winner. Had we won more games in the past he’d have another Brownlow.

Enjoy opposition supporters saying he’s not worthy because of the suspension being overturned. That’s absolutely gold and makes it even more enjoyable.
Also for half the season had to sacrifice his own game to help out TDK in the ruck. When Pitt was back he came roaring back to his best.

Having a drink and just got the news

the first Home grown blue in our lifetime I think

Well done captain, love it

All respect to Diesel and Juddman

First since Gordon Collis in 1964 and John James in 1961.

Bert Deacon in 1947.

Fourth home grown Brownlow medalist in club history, sixth in total.

Diesel (1994) and Judd (2010) being our others.

Patrick Cripps is now only 25 Brownlow votes behind Craig Bradley for top 1st spot in our clubs history. He might shoot passed that next year, definitely in 2024.

Just saw the last 3 rounds of the count

He is all class

Was great that he hugged current Blues cream and then the legend himself on the way to accept

Another blues fan in ollie there to greet him

Very happy for Crippa and Vossie was a proud man as well, as we all should be

A great captain, best we've had since Kerna

Go Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Brownlow Congratulations Patrick Cripps - 2022 Brownlow Medalist 🏅

Back