List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting to think the Tigers will come after our top pick or future 1st even. Are going to have a massive draft hand potentially.

They will, I just hope we’re smart enough to steer clear of the Bolton sweepstakes.

It does worry me that our list manager used to work for them and probably has a close relationship with Bolton and Baker.

Graham and Baker went on a trip to the US last year. Obviously been teammates for a while but worth noting..

Conspiracy to join west coast. wonder what they were discussing.

Seriously based on that, if graham is signed and sealed, then baker is coming too. It would explain why graham would be willing to move.

With what?
If all the rumoured trades go down, compo picks and they already stacked their hand to budge up to move up to trade with GC, Brissy pick. Probably not Carlton anymore.

They will want to probably bundle up and move even higher or into next year. If the trades go down as talked about by the media could have, 8 of the first 22* picks.
1 theirs
2 Freo for Bolton
2 GC for Rioli
1 for Baker
Their 2nd round and Compo for Graham

Plus could bundle with a heap of those 3rd round picks and

Issue is that ideally we'd look at potentially retiringon Gaff, Sheed, and Cripps, then throw in trades of B Williams, Barass, Waterman, Ryan and maybe Allen.

Counter that by bringing in English.

If did all the above as some seem to like we'd gut the experience from our team. Would be years of pain.
C’mon mate, how many people actually seriously believe that the club would look to trade out their co captain Allen?
If there are a handful you’d be lucky.
Barrass makes sense as he’s older with currency.
If English comes then shopping around to trade out one of our rucks makes sense, and obviously anyone who puts their hand up to I want out can **** off!

With what?
I’m not sure, it’s just if all of Bolton, Rioli and Baker leave them with what they all ready hold it becomes a massive draft hand.
F/A Compensation for Graham and potentially Dusty on the move too.

They will surely look to trade up and into next years draft as they will have up to a dozen picks from pick one through to the end of the third round.

If everyone moves which admittedly may not happen but let’s just say if. They could have something like.

Rioli to Suns pick 6
Bolton to Freo pick 7 & 12
Baker to Freo pick 16 (purples will tell you it’s 18)

I’m not sure what Graham compensation would look like, Dusty’s trade worth either so I’ll leave them out.

Draft

Plenty of opportunities to trade picks in amongst that lot.

I’m not sure, it’s just if all of Bolton, Rioli and Baker leave them with what they all ready hold it becomes a massive draft hand.

They will surely look to trade up and into next years draft as they will have up to a dozen picks from pick one through to the end of the third round.

If everyone moves which admittedly may not happen but let’s just say if. They could have something like.

Rioli to Suns pick 6

I’m not sure what Graham compensation would look like, Dusty’s trade worth either so I’ll leave them out.

Draft

Dusty is a FA and doubtful to activate any compo due to age and small contract length. Can’t see Graham compo not hitting band 2 or 3 so that’s pick 22.

Rioli to Suns pick 6

Draft

Geez if they can swindle pick 6 for Rioli, thatd be an absolute rort

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are Baker and Graham doing for Richmond this year ?

**** all .

I was hoping that we would start fixing the list management problems we have had of late but no .

Mediocrity

Watch us give Graham a contract that's way overs in length and dollars

What are Baker and Graham doing for Richmond this year ?

**** all .

I was hoping that we would start fixing the list management problems we have had of late but no .

Mediocrity

Watch us give Graham a contract that's way overs in length and dollars
I can’t stand that Clarke has his sticky fingers all over these shitty Richmond deals, especially after the F3 to move from 40 to 38 rort last year. If our list strategy is to bring in an injury prone plodder and an overpriced 27 year old midget rather than give those spots to 18yo in a very deep draft then we are f**ked.

when all was said and done we had 1, 30, 38, 49 (Reid, Reid, Hall, Johnston)

we traded picks for Brockman and got Flynn through free agency

took Rawlinson and Livingstone through the rookie draft

understand our current pick selection doesn't look that attractive but there's a lot still to happen between now and November, Barrass would garner 2 good picks you would think so if that trade happens we could easily be looking at 2 in the first round and 2 in the second
Yeah if we trade barrass obviously it’s a completely different picture.

I’m not even against dumping that many players.

****ing hell. So if we acquire all of Richmond scraps we will be as good as them? Woweee.

We better not be giving Richmond picks. If we overpay Graham we will dilute our hand.

Stop it!!!!!

Wait we have to give them picks? ****ing hell. I thought it was payment and they trigger a band?????

****ing hell. So if we acquire all of Richmond scraps we will be as good as them? Woweee.

We better not be giving Richmond picks. If we overpay Graham we will dilute our hand.

Stop it!!!!!

Wait we have to give them picks? ****ing hell. I thought it was payment and they trigger a band?????
We wouldn’t have to give picks for a free agent Graham, no.

We wouldn’t have to give picks for a free agent Graham, no.
It needs to be ****ing band three so we stop diluting our picks.

Seriously our recruiter is an ex Richmond recruiter who probs think the current wooden spooners have gems. Holy **** Clarke tigers are wooden spooners they have no gems.

We didn't hire you to turn us into wooden spooners tigers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back