List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Who do you want the Eagles to select in the Mid Season Draft?

• Luke Beecken

Votes: 27 22.1%
  • Ben Hopkins

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Trey Ruscoe

Votes: 18 14.8%
  • Will McLachlan

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Jacob Blight

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Jasper Scaife

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Jack Hutchinson

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • Geordie Payne

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Harry Edwards. Their key back stocks are old and cooked . Gibcus can't get on the park
They do have Tylar Young and Ben Miller who are mid 20s, theyre hardly stars but they seem to not be rubbish. If theyd take HEdwards id do it in a heartbeat though. I reckon he will have some value to at least 1 team at the end of the year as cheap KPD depth. Obviously not HEdwards for Baker 1:1

Not sure which is worse, this or the Richmond nuffy who suggested Baker and Graham for our first round pick.
If we let Harry Edwards go someone would pick him up .
The ready made KPP and rucks stocks are pretty thin . No way would Harry have anywhere near the value of Baker but he is a player teams would chase .

He would have played for both norf and Richmond this year

If we let Harry Edwards go someone would pick him up .
The ready made KPP and rucks stocks are pretty thin . No way would Harry have anywhere near the value of Baker but he is a player teams would chase .

He would have played for both norf and Richmond this year

Sure, but i don’t think he knocks much off the price for Baker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Perth torched us on the weekend but our best player was a top up who stood Scaife

Tyler Mouritz

“Tyler Mouritz had a job on Scaife and he was diligent all game, executed really well and kept him to five touches, and the goal Scaife got was when Tyler was on someone else, so really pleasing game”

He’s in the 34 man WAFL state squad suggesting he is one of the better WAFL players

Has now made the cut for the 26 man squad so is a good chance to play

Nice timing for him if he can put a strong game together

I thought H.Edwards did OK versus the Suns. He will never be a top 10 player at the club but he filled in OK, and at the moment he is probably the only OK fill in if McGovern or Barass are out. I wouldn't delist him. And at the same time i think he would be worth zero at the trade table. Some club would take him if he was available in PSD but nobody will give up anything of any value for him.

I know he gets some bad reviews for his WAFL performances sometimes but i guess it would be hard playing key back when your team is getting belted by 100 points every week and the ball is coming fast, direct and under no pressure. So maybe it is hard to get a read on where he is at watching the WAFL games.

Make It So Star Trek GIF
Exactly what I imagined as soon as I read this post.

Has now made the cut for the 26 man squad so is a good chance to play

Nice timing for him if he can put a strong game together

I’m still yet to even hear if Ruscoe has nominated for MSD. There was nothing about Ruscoe nominating or us being interested in him in MsD, or any other club for that matter.

Outside of that round 2 game there's not a huge amount to be that impressed about TBH.
Reckon when Archer Reid is two years older (i.e. Scaife's age) he should have better stats at WAFL level.
View attachment 1989851

Jasper Scaife??? Really?

No hate on Scaife, but what are we actually trying to achieve here? As if we don’t already have a surplus of tall forward/project players.

He’d definitely give Beagles some extra height up forward I guess. That’s if West Perth let him play for us of course, because they have the final say remember 🤪

Delist
Witherden, Gaff, L Edwards, Jones, Rotham, Baker, Trew, Baker

Delist and possibly rerookie
H Edwards, Rawlinson

1 year contract
Burgiel, Culley

2 year contract
Yeo, Barnett, Jack Williams

Cat B another year
Dewar, Livingstone

As far as delistings go it will obviously be tied to how many list spots we need. The only player of the 8 above I’d even give the slightest of second thoughts to is Rotham depending on our trade and draft acquisitions. The rest I’d rather have open list spots for the SSP/MSD than have them on the list.
I dont really disagree with your thoughts im just not sure the club will see it the same way.

I doubt the club will delist both witho and rotham. And as it stands ledwards seems more unlikely then likely to be delisted.

So we're trading BW for Baker and having Hatley as an inside mid.

My Lord people!!! Just imagine Jamo/Barnett in the ruck and Hatley inside mid. Some people must love 200 point losses.

Ruscoes stats are actually very good in a forward line generally starved of opportunity; I haven't seen him play at WAFL but remember him at AFL having early Yeo like qualities.

I’m still yet to even hear if Ruscoe has nominated for MSD. There was nothing about Ruscoe nominating or us being interested in him in MsD, or any other club for that matter.

Jasper Scaife??? Really?

No hate on Scaife, but what are we actually trying to achieve here? As if we don’t already have a surplus of tall forward/project players.

He’d definitely give Beagles some extra height up forward I guess. That’s if West Perth let him play for us of course, because they have the final say remember 🤪
Think there’ll be plenty of height available at Beagles in second half of the season. Flynn will be at AFL level, so one of Williams probably in the Wafl, and Jamison too.

Back