Autopsy Round 12, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Positive:

Thank f we aren’t coached by Lyon.
Competitive

Negative:

Dour game.

As per usual, need better running power and hbfers. St kilda showed what we lacked

Reid playing for frees. Teams will now bag st him as it will throw him off his game.

The over reliance on Reid already is concerning.

Kelly goes down, tag Reid (after a handful of games lol) and we're proper ****ed. By St Kilda 🙃

If we draft anything other than the best mid available at pick 2 or 3, the list management team needs to be fired into the sun. No depth other than the old, the injured, and the shit.

Campaigner or not, dour footy or not, Ross the Toss got them the win at least. Meanwhile Simpson sucked his thumb at then selection table and the did what during the game?

Someone give me a move that he made please. Hunter forward? Selwood onto Yarran?

Nothing wrong with Windhager doing the job on Harley. Yes it's annoying and taggers are kents, but don't forget this is the some Windhager who kept "silky skilled smooth mover Brownlow runner up Tim Kelly" to a whopping 4 touches, whilst having 23 himself in the same fixture a couple years ago, in his first year of AFL.

Credit where it's due. I'd put the onus on the rest of the midfield giving our first year messiah absolutely zero support as he's being shut down completely at stoppages.

Campaigner or not, dour footy or not, Ross the Toss got them the win at least. Meanwhile Simpson sucked his thumb at then selection table and the did what during the game?

Someone give me a move that he made please. Hunter forward? Selwood onto Yarran?

Nothing wrong with Windhager doing the job on Harley. Yes it's annoying and taggers are kents, but don't forget this is the some Windhager who kept "silky skilled smooth mover Brownlow runner up Tim Kelly" to a whopping 4 touches, whilst having 23 himself in the same fixture a couple years ago, in his first year of AFL.

Credit where it's due. I'd put the onus on the rest of the midfield giving our first year messiah absolutely zero support as he's being shut down completely at stoppages.
Well to be fair to old mate Simmo, we were in front at every break so he probably felt we didn't need to make any major changes.

IMG_8224.jpeg

Very surprised by Wheelo’s ratings on this one. Highest rated player on ground being Williams is one thing, but the sheer lack of decent numbers across the board does accurately tell you how dogshit that game of footy was.

I thought the trio of Barrass, Gov, and HEdwards worked well. HEdwards showed a lot yesterday

Didn't mind Gaffs game at all, may as well keep him in the side given that wing role is challenging for our other mids who are more suited to inside positions. Not sold on Sheed.

JWilliams struggled, we really missed having Jake as our key tall. Can't wait to see what this forward line looks like when we have both Allen and Waterman.

Flynn decent first game back, it was nice seeing a legitimate ruckman out there.

View attachment 2008088

Very surprised by Wheelo’s ratings on this one. Highest rated player on ground being Williams is one thing, but the sheer lack of decent numbers across the board does accurately tell you how dogshit that game of footy was.
Not going to disagree on the game being dogshit but the ratings aren't proof of that. Having BW up top says to me you can safely disregard drawing any conclusions from them now and in future.

I thought the trio of Barrass, Gov, and HEdwards worked well. HEdwards showed a lot yesterday

Didn't mind Gaffs game at all, may as well keep him in the side given that wing role is challenging for our other mids who are more suited to inside positions. Not sold on Sheed.

JWilliams struggled, we really missed having Jake as our key tall. Can't wait to see what this forward line looks like when we have both Allen and Waterman.

Flynn decent first game back, it was nice seeing a legitimate ruckman out there.

Barrass and the Gov were sensational. H Edwards did some good things, is good at spoiling and taking marks, but it's when the ball is on the ground that he becomes a useless log - has no agility or speed of recovery, or second attempts. Rebound is easy off him, and that is a problem. Gaff was okay in the 1st half. 2nd half back to Gaff of old. Sheed, nah, sorry mate, not worthy of a spot in the 22 now. Neither Gaff nor Sheed have impact - these type of footballers have limited usage now - it's high impact players that are needed now, your Harley Reids and Horn-Francises of the world. This why high draft picks are so vital. It looks like we may have another this year, and it had better be the most impactful type we can get, not an accumulator like Gaff.

Edwards was excellent, thought it was probably his best game for us. Timed his spoils well, crashed a few packs and went hard when he had to.
Definitely missed a target to kick to in the forward line, especially the way we were just bombing it in there (or maybe that was why we were just bombing it in there)

Positive:

Thank f we aren’t coached by Lyon.
Competitive

Negative:

Dour game.

As per usual, need better running power and hbfers. St kilda showed what we lacked

Reid playing for frees. Teams will now bag st him as it will throw him off his game.
Don’t know Reid was playing for frees, he couldn’t buy a free yesterday. Was held, scragged, pushed at every stoppage and got absolutely nothing from the umps. They literally just turned a blind eye to it.

Cast your mind back to our game against Gold Coast where we got pinged for looking at Rowell sideways. I just don’t understand this game and how it is adjudicated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t know Reid was playing for frees, he couldn’t buy a free yesterday. Was held, scragged, pushed at every stoppage and got absolutely nothing from the umps. They literally just turned a blind eye to it.

Cast your mind back to our game against Gold Coast where we got pinged for looking at Rowell sideways. I just don’t understand this game and how it is adjudicated.

There was a clear agenda against him after all the frees he got last week and the media attention it gained.

Neither do the people actually adjudicating it

I saw Reid get decapitated twice and didn't get a single free.

The standard of umpiring is actually the worst I've ever seen. This isn't the usual 'bias' discussion, it's affecting every club.

I won't be going to another live game until the AFL actually acknowledge this as a frustration among fans

I saw Reid get decapitated twice and didn't get a single free.

The standard of umpiring is actually the worst I've ever seen. This isn't the usual 'bias' discussion, it's affecting every club.

I won't be going to another live game until the AFL actually acknowledge this as a frustration among fans
I like the sentiment, but it just means you’ll never see another live game again!😂

I like the sentiment, but it just means you’ll never see another live game again!😂

So be it 🤷‍♂️ The $102 a ticket and $11.50 for a paper cup of weak beer goes a lot further at your local pub with a half decent food and drink selection.

People work too hard to dish out that kind of money just to watch four boys in fluorescent green activewear make arbitrary rulings on niche laws, only for the parent organisation to come out in the week and claim everything they did was 'technically correct' 🤓

I watched the mini this morning and straightened out my opinion on the game.

Disappointing but I really think it really came down to seasoned bodies getting on top of the fitness battle in the guts. They just ran the game out much better than us in the last qtr. Yeo is clearly not in as good a shape as he was prior to his groin issue. No TK and Sheed and Gaff just aren't those ball winning players as we all know.

Our defenders are disappointing when the ball comes in scrappy. Not much composure if they don't get that high floater that Gov and Barrass deal with effectively.

Forward pressure wasn't good enough but we did that to ourselves at selection.

We will win that game next year 100%. St Kilda are going nowhere so at least we aren't them!

Don't know if mentioned but Jamie Cripps has now jumped to no.6 highest WCE goalscorer of all time.

His 3 goals has him on 283 goals.

Over taking Q.Stick on 281 goals

That has been a great trade success story for us.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 12, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back