List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 39 27.9%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 18 12.9%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 40 28.6%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
8 pretty easy delistings/retirements at the end of this year, based on ability or Simmo not giving games.

NameFinal YearYears Service*
Alex Witherden
2024​
4​
Delist
Andrew Gaff
2024​
14​
Retire
Coby Burgiel
2024​
2​
Delist
Harry Edwards
2024​
6​
Keep
Jai Culley
2024​
3​
Keep
Jamaine Jones
2024​
5​
Delist
Jordyn Baker
2024​
2​
Delist
Josh Rotham
2024​
8​
Delist
Loch Rawlinson
2024​
1​
Re-rookie?
Luke Edwards
2024​
4​
Delist
Tyler Brockman
2024​
1​
Keep
Zane Trew
2024​
4​
Delist

Go and take a look at what Bulldogs supporters think of him currently.

Many would be stoked to ship him out due to him being a liability in the ruck, as well as being soft as butter.
Doggies supporters mostly annoyed his form has fallen off a cliff as opposed to anything else .Williams is also a liability in the ruck though. English is just better overall

If English comes id certainly say we make the tough call and trade Williams out at the same time.

8 pretty easy delistings/retirements at the end of this year, based on ability or Simmo not giving games.

NameFinal YearYears Service*
Alex Witherden
2024​
4​
Delist
Andrew Gaff
2024​
14​
Retire
Coby Burgiel
2024​
2​
Delist
Harry Edwards
2024​
6​
Keep
Jai Culley
2024​
3​
Keep
Jamaine Jones
2024​
5​
Delist
Jordyn Baker
2024​
2​
Delist
Josh Rotham
2024​
8​
Delist
Loch Rawlinson
2024​
1​
Re-rookie?
Luke Edwards
2024​
4​
Delist
Tyler Brockman
2024​
1​
Keep
Zane Trew
2024​
4​
Delist
We aint delisting a guy whose played every game this year when fit in Alex Witherden. Silly to even suggest it

Rotham also aint going anywhere either given he is playing week in week out

We aint delisting a guy whose played every game this year when fit in Alex Witherden. Silly to even suggest it

Rotham also aint going anywhere either given he is playing week in week out
Rotham and witherdunce are cannon fodder.

If we had any half decent running defenders both would have been long gone.

*kids like hollands have shown more accumulating loose ball on the outside, even if their stats are less and the role they play is considerably easier than competing head to head against seasoned AFL midfielders to win the ball on the inside as a 19 year old?
Let me know if I’m allowed to reply.

Both played due to the shit ton of injuries as opposed to the spot Witho is in now where he is considered best 22.

Who’s he competing with, though? Other than key backs our only defenders in the 2s are Baker and whichever of Johnston and Burgiel we’re trialling in the backline.

Edit: I think Witherden will be kept on, regardless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flynn needs more then 2 games really.

If we gonna give up on Flynn thoiugh then Tim English is the answer

Isnt that why we dont like Flynn? Not good enough around the ground?

English is a better ruck then Willians. Lets not kid ourselves

We need a ruckman that can compete in the taps - ideally winning or at least breaking even across the game. They also need to be able to carry the lion’s share of ruck duties and stay on the park (i.e. not injury plagued). Being good around the ground is probably #4 on the list for mine.

Flynn is able to compete in the ruck. ✅
Flynn is unable to carry a full ruck load (this may come with fitness but he’s not there yet.) ❌
Flynn struggles to stay on the park. ❌
Flynn is not really handy around the ground. ❌

1/4 - he ain’t it, I’m calling it now.

Even Bailey Williams garners more ticks (can go all game, durable and handy around the ground) - but fails on the most important one.

Edit - and I’ll add on English..

Last time I checked, he hasn’t won a ruck contest (in terms of taps) all season. ❌
He can go all day and is good around the ground. ✅ ✅
He has major red flags over his long term future in the game with concussion issues lurking - giving him a long, expensive deal is not a good idea, for anyone. ❌

The numbers don't jump off the page, but for me this was Trainor's best Champs performance to date. He was matched up on the dangerous Tyler Welsh, and kept him quiet for the first three quarters before conceding a couple of aerial contests late. We saw the kind of defender that he's likely to become at AFL level, someone that's capable of taking on those tricky forwards that push up high up the ground and into the midfield forcing matchup chaos like Jeremy Cameron and Jake Stringer. Trainor has the running power and ground level ability to thrive higher up the ground while still being strong enough in the air to deal with deeper contests and 1v1s.

Let me know if I’m allowed to reply.
I can understand why you’d ask but you don’t have to ask me that. I have no problem with you having an opinion on a discussion forum regardless of the team you support.

I’m well aware of Ginbeys deficiencies but I personally don’t believe you can take much at all from the two players you are comparing given the very different roles in very different teams and very young age.

Ginbeys got stuff to work on sure but his good games have been fine, his bad games have looked worse because there’s zero support around him so when he makes a mistake it’s generally resulting in the ball rubber banding into our defensive 50 for a shot on goal.

How do you think hollands would look in this west coast side?

Both Sheez and Wardlaw were clear in their intentions about not leaving Vic so this is a non discussion

As for targeting Perryman, there’s a strong rumour hawks have offered substantial money. If true he’ll be off the table. Definitely think Cumming is worth a shout. Has a great peg on him

Sex life, etc.

Interesting article from Haselby (of all people) in SEN.

Pretty much said a new coaching staff will be able to make the tough calls that Simmo and the MC seem to be scared to make.
Pretty much an external review conducted internally - referenced Hawthorn being able to make the tough calls on - Tom Mitchell/Gunston/Shiels/Omeara which helped their rebuild - and the Eagles should look to do the same

Unfortunately, I tend to agree......

Back