List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 40 28.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 18 12.6%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 40 28.0%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Other

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

We wont get 12 30 AND Busslinger for just TB.

More like 12 and Busslinger. 12 becomes 14 after FS and academy bids.
Bro bro bro... Don't crush his/her/their draft dreams.

Especially from you. I thought you'd let them dream. Let them dream Bro.

e2e4b183-376f-4ece-a525-0cd5322450bf_text.gif

Bro bro bro... Don't crush his/her/their draft dreams.

Especially from you. I thought you'd let them dream. Let them dream Bro.

View attachment 2037526

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

Nope. According to Miguel no one has ever wanted him ever. Not even his wife

My wife is quite fond of him actually, I’m sure she wouldn’t say no.

He’s sitting in our sweet draft pick zone..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Next minute with the AFL changing the rules:

• no change to northern academies,
  • VIC clubs get same access to their NGA,
  • SA and WA clubs - no access to NGA before 80 - but get business class for everyone traveling so that'll make things even

This year's draft rage 3-10 seems very similar and even to 2022. We split 2 for 9 and 14 going off that metric can see a deal like this...

Freo trade out 12 + 13
Freo receive shai from Richmond

Richmond trade Baker and Bolton
Richmond recieve 3+ 13

Wce trade 3
Wce receive Baker+ 12

Don't love it, don't hate it either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade our first pick for Liam Baker imo

This year's draft rage 3-10 seems very similar and even to 2022. We split 2 for 9 and 14 going off that metric can see a deal like this...

Freo trade out 12 + 13

Richmond recieve 3+ 13

Wce trade 3
Wce receive Baker+ 12

So essentially Baker is worth a top 10 pick?
Hard pass.
If we our split our pick again surely it's for two more top end talents we see in the draft cohort, or just take ie. FOS with our first.
Hopefully we're creative enough to protect our 1st and bringing Baker in is in a separate deal.

With a couple of games left in the champs this is my rolling top 30 with the players I feel would be the best fit for the list which have a clear focus on outside mids, run and rebound, good foot skills and KPDs.
  1. Finn O'Sullivan
  2. Levi Ashcroft (F/S BL)
  3. Josh Smillie
  4. Leo Lombard (NGA GCS)
  5. Jagga Smith
  6. Murphy Reid
  7. Sid Draper
  8. Luke Trainor
  9. Christian Moraes
  10. Tobie Travaglia
  11. Harvey Langford
  12. Sam Lalor
  13. Tom Gross
  14. Harry O'Farrell
  15. Jack Whitlock
  16. Isaac Kako (NGA ESS)
  17. Sam Marshall (NGA BL)
  18. Matt Whitlock
  19. Jonty Faull
  20. Tyler Welsh (F/S ADEL)
  21. Jobe Shanahan
  22. Taj Hotton
  23. Cooper Hynes
  24. Bo Allan
  25. Xavier Lindsay
  26. Ben Camporeale (F/S CARL)
  27. Joe Berry
  28. Noah Mraz
  29. Josh Murphy
  30. Lucas Camporeale (F/S CARL)
There’s a few that could easily slot into this 30 but have to draw the line somewhere. Now that it sounds like Rioli isn’t leaving Richmond for the Suns the deal I’d be most interested in is swapping our F1 for 8 and 10 with GCS which would give us a number of options with those picks or to split one of them with Freo for say 16 and 24. It’s an odd draft profile this year with a shallow top end but a very deep 2R and 3R. For comparison I feel like Smillie would be about the level of Sanders last year who went pick 6. I hope we’re looking at ways to get picks between 10 and 30 because I think that range will be an absolute stand out this year compared to previous drafts. If we trade anything other than players for Liam Baker I will lose all faith in our recruitment team to build a list that can be anything other than mid table mediocrity at best.

Two picks between 8 and 12 is what we need to trade for somehow.

So essentially Baker is worth a top 10 pick?
Hard pass.
If we our split our pick again surely it's for two more top end talents we see in the draft cohort, or just take ie. FOS with our first.
Hopefully we're creative enough to protect our 1st and bringing Baker in is in a separate deal.
Our draft hand is horrible, fos is prob 1 or 2 and I think splitting our 3 only works with freo or GC. GC would prob use that on rioli and freo wouldn't want to work with us unless it gets them shai or warner. I only want Baker if it's through a trade but they'd tell us to get f if we offered bbw +f2

Two picks between 8 and 12 is what we need to trade for somehow.
This would be our best strategy IMO. As it stands we have 3 assets that would get us there (or almost there), R1, F1 and Barrass.

If FOS is gone at pick 3, I’m happy to trade back with GCS to get Travaglia and one of Reid, Moraes and Lalor but would still rather trade our F1 which may also suit GCS better. With Smith looking Geelong bound, a trade to the Dogs would likely mean one pick around that range and Busslinger. If we do deal with the Dogs I hope it’s our F2 as there will be some excellent options at 23 even after bids etc.

Freo trade out 12 + 13

Richmond recieve 3+ 13

Wce trade 3
Wce receive Baker+ 12

**** no.

Splitting 2 for 8 and 12 only.

Baker can be done other way

On Blade A3 SE using BigFooty.com mobile app

This would be our best strategy IMO. As it stands we have 3 assets that would get us there (or almost there), R1, F1 and Barrass.

If FOS is gone at pick 3, I’m happy to trade back with GCS to get Travaglia and one of Reid, Moraes and Lalor but would still rather trade our F1 which may also suit GCS better. With Smith looking Geelong bound, a trade to the Dogs would likely mean one pick around that range and Busslinger. If we do deal with the Dogs I hope it’s our F2 as there will be some excellent options at 23 even after bids etc.
You're all assuming we finish 16th. After last week I can easily see us finishing last. Pick one.

You're all assuming we finish 16th. After last week I can easily see us finishing last. Pick one.

For that to happen North would have to win 3 out of 8 games and Richmond 2 out of 8 games. I can’t see either happening when you look at their run home and that assumes we will not win another game. I’d say we’re almost a lock for pick 3 but to be honest wouldn’t be unhappy with 17th and pick 2.

Personally I have him 40+, a few would have him 25-40 and very few would have him above that.

Same I see him as a late pick, maybe even finds his way on to list as a rookie.

Very flashy , but just doesn't do enough, often enough for my liking.

What he does he does, he does very well, but his involvement in games is far less than I be expecting, or wanting to see from an aspiring AFL talent, he will need to lift his production considerable before I would spend high value draft capital on him.

Freo trade out 12 + 13

Richmond recieve 3+ 13

Wce trade 3
Wce receive Baker+ 12

It’s not often I find an opposition player being overrated by this board, particularly one being potentially traded in.

The Baker trade SHOULD NOT involve our 1st pick under any circumstance. He’s an undersized half forward / half back who can have spurts in the midfield as an undersized mid

It’s not a player you should involve a first round pick with, let alone pick 3

Back