List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 42 27.6%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 14 9.2%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 40 26.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 3 2.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Even though 10 was likely a number plucked out of the air and not an actual forecast of how much we’re planning on turning the list over, it’s not that hard to get to 10 is it?

Gaff retired plus possibly one of Darling or Sheed to join him despite being contracted for next year.

Edwards, Edwards, Jones, Rotham, Burgiel, Trew(r), Culley (r), Baker (r) delisted.

That’s 10, without needing to delist Witherden or relying on anyone in contract (eg Petch, Billiams) asking for a trade.

As it is I reckon it’ll end up being closer to 8 gone. Some guys (eg Rotham, Jones and Harry Edwards, maybe Burgiel, maybe Culley) playing for their careers over the last 8 weeks. Others (Gaff, Trew, probably Luke Edwards) have had their cards marked.

Missing out on Busslinger is not the end of the world but is definitely a disappointment. We have holes all over the ground and very little draft capital. In addition, KPDs take longer to develop than mids. So getting a first round KPD for less than his initial value, with a couple of years development, who has shown something at VFL level, who is older than Reid and this year's draft picks would have been astute trading.

Now, we need to either use our draft capital on a developing KPD (younger than all of Reid, Ginbey, Hewitt, Chesser), hope that one of our kids can play a role they weren't initially drafted for (A.Reid or Barnett) or bank on trading someone in later.

We need to be using every lever to improve our best 22 and our depth.

Someone on the bulldogs board said busslinger is shit scared of flying on planes .

Having to fly every 2nd week could have had a big factor in him staying at the dogs
They’re a salty bunch.

Dunkley trade still living rent free in their heads on their board, 3 years later.

Surely there’s no chance we de-list Harry Edwards. Given the age of Barrass and McGovern, and their injury history, he’s essential to the re-build (at least in the short term). He’s by no means a perfect solution as a KPD but he’s better than all other alternatives on our list currently.

If Edwards is still unsigned it may be that he has options and is holding off for more cash. Or maybe he’s too busy bagging Simmo in texts to former teammates.

The Busslinger news presumably reduces the likelihood of departure of Barrass.

They’re a salty bunch.

Dunkley trade still living rent free in their heads on their board, 3 years later.
Yeah, I raised them being weird in threads on the D&T board whenever a player of theirs is mentioned. You get a bunch of posters going full on defensive about it and attacking the club of any poster who floats a trade scenario.

A number of people agreed with me, including a Dogs supporter. Said he couldn't understand why the others act so weird when their players are being discussed.

Brisbane tried to trade the first pick on night two with us to get AReid.

That said I thought Morris was a very handy pick up for Brisbane, a very underrated player who was IMO, is Nate Caddy "lite".
Legitimately the first I’ve read or heard of this.

And it really doesn’t fit with what I heard from our recruiters.

There were very in-depth discussions between our recruiters about which player to choose, if we had both available at our pick, but we knew that was unlikely.

I do know we tried to trade up for Oscar Ryan on night 1. But weren’t willing to trade our future first, which was the asking price.

I wonder why people are not motivated....

Has to go immediately if thats his attitude.

We actually only have 10 uncontracted players entirely
Witherden
Gaff
Burgiel
Edwards
Culley
Jones
Rotham
Rawlinson
Edwards
Trew

Based on that every uncontracted player is leaving?

Club is third last and seemingly going backwards. Ten delistings is very achievable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not gotta lie. The Busslinger decision hurts. I am not sold on our key defensive stocks. Now I hope they prove me wrong.

Wishing the lads luck they make it, Bazzo, HEdwards,

I am not gotta lie. The Busslinger decision hurts. I am not sold on our key defensive stocks. Now I hope they prove me wrong.

Wishing the lads luck they make it, Bazzo, HEdwards, CJaimeson!
Bazzo bben injured and other 2 not afforded the same luxuries liberties and opportunities as some, chesser for example

What about if we get a nice limited edition fur coat out of it ?
season 6 singing GIF

They’re a salty bunch.

Well you did screw them over that trade period .
He averaged 25 disposals and kicked 18 goals across the 2022 campaign, and collected a career-high 14 Brownlow votes

What did you trade for him picks ending up at
2022 pick 24
2023 pick at 27
2023 pick at 42

For dunkley and 2 future 3rds

I would be salty too

Last edited:
So WC are targeting VFL players because they missed on Busslinger who is - wait for it - a VFL player.
And not sure Carlton want Carroll to depart.
Think you are reading that wrong. Im saying we cant entice VFL players over. Just the ones other teams dont eant

Carlton havnt even offered Carroll a contract so not sure how they want him. Looks like they cant afford to keep him and will just let him leave

Back