List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 42 27.5%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 19 12.4%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 14 9.2%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 8 5.2%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 40 26.1%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 3 2.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Because if they aren’t best 22, and rack it up in the VFL, they must be garbage.

How’s Zakostelsky going? Rated him highly last year and seeing he’s starting to get a bit more of the ball at vfl level but I’ve only been able to look at stats not watch his games. Be nice if eagles asked about him knowing he’s only 6 months in it would be pretty hard but

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Strange take because we missed out on busslinger.

Sure it would be nice but not the end of the world . We are pretty well stocked for KPDs .

We have 2 guns in McGovern and barrass

Gov could well be done next season but may play on depending on injuries

Barrass has 3 years left on his contract but wants 2 more .

Hedwards 200cms has shown even this year he can play at afl level . I don't rate his wafl form but seems to come in and do a job

Jamerson 201cms athletic tall who is playing back after being a ruck/forward . Has the physical attributes but learning a new role

Bazzo 195cms showed he had the talent but 2 seasons in a row written off but is still young and you dont lose talent .

Maric 196cms should be moved to the backline . Take rothams 3rd tall position and be used as a rebound defender with his elite kicking .
Hedwards can do a job once Gov goes, but is likely just a good stop gap type.

Maric and Bazzo could both be handy if they come on but won't be KPD's, more third talls.

Jamieson's most likely a bust.

We have two options really, move archer to defence or draft a KPD this year.

How’s Zakostelsky going? Rated him highly last year and seeing he’s starting to get a bit more of the ball at vfl level but I’ve only been able to look at stats not watch his games. Be nice if eagles asked about him knowing he’s only 6 months in it would be pretty hard but

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Missed a lot of the early season as he was/is still growing.

We’ve only really started playing him the last 3 games or so.

Still very raw, and on a minutes restriction.

Kalin Lane did an acl last weekend. It was a contact injury with an opposition player and leg bent the wrong way.

Hey GoEaglesGoSGIO - you claim to have insights and connections at MRP. Who are the texting disgruntled players. I’m expecting you to now prove your critics wrong

He doesn’t. He just writes his opinions in a manner that they sound like he knows something.

Just add “I think” in front of every sentence he says and it will be more appropriate.

Trying to work out how picking off a player that a top-four side can’t afford to keep is a bad thing.
They cant afford is the nice way to put it. They cant be bothered trying to keep is the actuality. If they wanted to keep Jack Carroll, they would make the offer to do so

Carlton did chase Will Hayward remember so its not like they are unwilling to spend money on players they want...

Last edited:
Hedwards can do a job once Gov goes, but is likely just a good stop gap type.

Maric and Bazzo could both be handy if they come on but won't be KPD's, more third talls.

Jamieson's most likely a bust.

We have two options really, move archer to defence or draft a KPD this year.
Most people wanted Hedwards delisted like 1 week ago. All of a sudden he is best 22 and future CHB superstar

So lets get back to 1 question people are forgetting also

Simmo says we are getting rid of 10 players. West Coast Eagles have 3 draft picks....

Where are the other 7 bodies coming from. Lets say we draft 4 new rookies (assume one would be Ruscoe?) as part of that 10 we still need to turn 3 dradt picks into 6 humans

Baker, Carroll, 3 picks and whose number 6?. Do we trade in 1 more player or do we find a way to get a 4th pick. The more Simmo and co say, the more a split pick worries me cos losing 10 players strikes me as a split pick coming up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simmo says we are getting rid of 10 players. West Coast Eagles have 3 draft picks....

Where are the other 7 bodies coming from. Lets say we draft 4 new rookies (assume one would be Ruscoe?) as part of that 10 we still need to turn 3 dradt picks into 6 humans

Baker, Carroll, 3 picks and whose number 6?. Do we trade in 1 more player or do we find a way to get a 4th pick. The more Simmo and co say, the more a split pick worries me cos losing 10 players strikes me as a split pick coming up

who said we only have 3 draft picks?

1. You’re taking the number he plucked out of the air like it’s a fait accompli. He also said we’ve got 15-20 players not picked in the seniors each week. We’ve never had 20 players available and not picked. We might turn over 10. Or it might be 9, or 8.

2. Let’s assume we do actually turn over 10 players. That only leaves 9 spots to fill, because Long’s on the inactive list.

3. We can take as many ND picks as we need, they just come at the end of the draft. We’re not limited to three.

4. We brought in two experienced players through trades/FA last year, and certain people have recently pilloried the club for not targeting more after Robertson re-signed with Brisbane. “No plan B” was the line, from memory. So maybe we target more?

5. Not sure why a split pick worries you so much. Depending on where we finish and how the talent is ranked, it might make sense.

1. You’re taking the number he plucked out of the air like it’s a fait accompli. He also said we’ve got 15-20 players not picked in the seniors each week. We’ve never had 20 players available and not picked. We might turn over 10. Or it might be 9, or 8.

2. Let’s assume we do actually turn over 10 players. That only leaves 9 spots to fill, because Long’s on the inactive list.

3. We can take as many ND picks as we need, they just come at the end of the draft. We’re not limited to three.

4. We brought in two experienced players through trades/FA last year, and certain people have recently pilloried the club for not targeting more after Robertson re-signed with Brisbane. “No plan B” was the line, from memory. So maybe we target more?

5. Not sure why a split pick worries you so much. Depending on where we finish and how the talent is ranked, it might make sense.
1. Yeah I am hence the post. It could be 8 or 9 for sure
2. Yeah would be 9 since Hutchison is on 18 month deal
3. We can but we wont. Id rule that out as a possibility. If Baker comes we are likely down 23 unless we split the pick . I cant see us going in with pick 59 as our 2nd pick...
4. If both Baker and Carroll said no, we definetly do need a plan B this time around
5. Just not a fan in this current draft. It might make sense but i dont think it will be. Just a opinion. Dont be too frightened

Hey GoEaglesGoSGIO - you claim to have insights and connections at MRP. Who are the texting disgruntled players. I’m expecting you to now prove your critics wrong
I’m still waiting for BW and Darling to go down with there groin injuries we were told about months ago.

disney lying GIF

We have 8 players who are out of contract this year on our main list. Apart from Duggan if you wanted to delist seven it is possible except your next four picks will be somehere after 59 onwards and likely end up with four average players.

Not sure of the rules but we could move several players to the rookie list to open up spots.

And of course if you bring in unrestricted free agents you don't need a pick just a free spot

Easy.

Long reactivated.

Rookie elevated - dewer/hutch

Trade requests. If there are a few disgruntled they might leave on own accord.

That leaves 8 to delist or trade out.

I've got these players on the chopping block.

Gaff
Sheed
Rotham
Trew
Witherden
JJ
Baker
Darling

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Let’s see how we could actually turn over 10 players…

Senior list (currently 37):
Out (7): Gaff, Darling (retired), Ledwards, Jones, Hedwards, Rotham, Burgiel (delisted)
In (7): Maric promoted, Baker (for F2), Carroll (for chips), Pick 3, Pick 23, Pick 59, Pick 77/DFA/PSD

Rookie list (currently 8, needs to be reduced to 7):
Out (4): Maric promoted, Trew, Baker, Culley delisted (Rawlinson, Hutchinson and the two Cat Bs retained)
In (3): two picks and Ruscoe as an SSP signing.

Wasn’t that hard.

Back