List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Ongoing discussions:

• List Manager Matt Clarke appeared on Sept 11 Gettable - Click spoiler below for summary
    On the draft: "We predicted that the draft was strong, but it's probably gotten stronger during the year."

On top end of draft: "You could probably make five or six different choices and get it right."

On Pick 3: "I reckon there's five (players) around that mark."

On splitting: "I think you want to hold an early selection if you can. The depth of this group allows you to maybe have some movement there, and see what you can do to bring in more talent in the first 20-25 picks. Easier said than done, and I think most clubs would be saying the same thing. We'll see what we can do."

On Liam Baker: "He's still yet to make a decision. They're still weighing up a few things. We'd love to get Liam on board from what he offers from a talent and leadership point of view. We understand where we're at as a group, we're rebuilding our group, we need to add some guys in the middle tier to support our young group."

On Jack Graham: "We've got a number of players that we're speaking to. A bit of a wait and see on that one as well. We'll talk to a number of guys."

On Shai Bolton: "I think it will be difficult for anybody, really. He's heavily contracted and a high quality player."

On James Peatling: "He's heavily involved in a finals series at the moment so I don't want to comment too much on it, but I think there's a number of guys that have been playing really good footy this year that could suit what we do and what other clubs do. He's taken his footy to another level this year."

On Tom Barrass: "We've had an early discussion with Hawthorn about it, they understand where we're at. He's nominated Hawthorn as his ideal destination. We want what we think he's worth, as a genuine key back in the competition that can do what he can do. We're obviously mindful of getting an appropriate deal for West Coast."

On Tom Clurey: "Maybe (note: sounded very non enthused). We'd probably need some key back depth, whether that's through the draft or trade and free agency."

On Jack Darling: "We've had initial discussions with his management group about (moving). We're open to talking, as we are with all of our players, but Jack's contracted with us."

On Liam Ryan: "I expect him to be at West Coast next year, yes." (The most definitive answer of the day by a mile, a non-starter of a talking point.)

On out of contact players e.g. Rotham, Witherden, Jones: "We're still working through what it looks like from a list point of view, and how many selections we'll want to have, and players that may come in and potentially may go out. You might want to give a coach an opportunity to look at these guys."

On Harley Reid: "We've had discussions most of the year with his management group. I think it sits in a really good place. We're open to doing really whatever they want to do to be honest. We're really confident in building the right system around Harley, on and off field, to make sure that he's really comfortable, that he's going to play his best footy, and his long term future."

On Jake Waterman's new deal: "Yep, really close. We're working really closely with his management on that. I expect that we'll have something done pretty soon."

On Oscar Allen: "We've been talking with Oscar and his manager most of the year on that one. We're going through some stuff at the moment. I think we'll be ok with that one."

Past rumoured targets:

Last edited by a moderator:
Basically my claim here is a guy walked into McDonalds, ordered a Big Mac and I said "You like Big Macs dont you". Our lack of desire to do a long and painful rebuild is evident in our actions

Literally 100% of what we did so far is about competing as fast as we can. Choosing Graham and Baker, wanting to split pick 3 and even before that our desire to give up said pick 3 for Daniel Curtin. None of what we are doing is what other clubs are currently doing when rebuilding.

Hawks have leapfrogged us and it was by lettimg the likes of Tom Mitchell go and then bringing in someone to replace him as a free agent (Amon) . They didnt give up Mitchell and then spend most of their draft captial they got on replacing him like we are going to do with Barrass. They had a bit of patience and kept the assets as opposed to burn them in trades...

We have won 7 out of 70 games and you are chucking a tantrum about someone who thinks we are making wrong decisions.... Think about that.

Hawthorn were 5th last in 2020 - they hardly leapfrogged us.

They are just a few years ahead of us in the cycle.

Have they?

Not sure it's a done deal.

Pick 3 for Parish 9 and 31?

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah the bombers dees trade isnt confirmed yet.
Could be what you described, then we use Barrass assets for Baker.
Take 9+26+31+Champion from the draft.

Would put us back up to a middle ladder team probably.
Id look to dump our F1 for best offer as a priority if we chase Parish.

Add Parish, Baker, Graham, Owies as a DFA, Travaglia, a KPD with pick 26, and Champion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I might be in the minority, but I would love Parish at the Eagles. Parish and a Future 1st for Pick 3 would definitely help. Parish is definitely the sort of player that would be a perfect fit next to Harley.

I might be in the minority, but I would love Parish at the Eagles. Parish and a Future 1st for Pick 3 would definitely help. Parish is definitely the sort of player that would be a perfect fit next to Harley.
He would be a good get, im with you. I think I mentioned him a few months ago as a guy we should look at as the bombers midfield is pretty deep now.
We dont have a mid like him, he would be a good fit.
We gotta keep a top 10 pick though, and bombers have nothing else to offer unless they dog the Dees last minute.

Pick 3 for Nate Caddy maybe

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
3 for Caddy+Parish :eyes:

Literally 100% of what we did so far is about competing as fast as we can. Choosing Graham and Baker,
One is for free. Graham is 27. We lack players in this age group. Baker is 26. Hard as nails, always puts in effort. I wouldn't pay more than 26 for him, but he will be good for us. Pick up Smith/Draper/FOS, and along with Harley Reid, Baker would just be shoring stuff up and making it easier for them. We want to rebuild with talent, but if you have no older guys who put their body over the ball, you're in trouble.

wanting to split pick 3
Says who? The media? Some nuffies on here?

and even before that our desire to give up said pick 3 for Daniel Curtin.
Also nuffies on here, who every year only want WA players. And want to cough up F1's for said WA player. They get all emotional, just like you.

None of what we are doing is what other clubs are currently doing when rebuilding.
You don't seem to be able to separate media and forum talk with actual actions.

Hawks have leapfrogged us and it was by lettimg the likes of Tom Mitchell go and then bringing in someone to replace him as a free agent (Amon) . They didnt give up Mitchell and then spend most of their draft captial they got on replacing him like we are going to do with Barrass. They had a bit of patience and kept the assets as opposed to burn them in trades...

We have won 7 out of 70 games and you are chucking a tantrum about someone who thinks we are making wrong decisions.... Think about that.
Bro, it's you who is having a tanty.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back