List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
Baker in the midfield will make Reid, Hewitt and Kelly better players - the best I can think of is the mix that Stenglein added in the 2005/6 team. Stenglein in his own right was an average accumulator but did a better job of defensive structure than anybody. Mini is probably looking at blokes who know the game plan and can help to implement it.

I like this traed more than most - draft picks are over rated.

If you seriously think that Baker is the same impactful player as Stenglein, then I strongly disagree with your assessment of football talent and ability.

“Draft picks are overrated” you say do some research about where you find A grade midfielders, clue top 5 draft picks generally deliver A grade midfielders.

I hate the trade for three reasons.

1. We sold low trading 3 for 12 and 14.
2. Paid overs - pick 14 for Baker.
3. Could of had pick 14 to do that deal with the Hawks AND STILL kept pick 3.

IMO no matter how you try to cut it, this trade week has been a cluster fu(k.

I thought last night's news of the deal was laughable and there was surely more to it...

It doesn't work at any level.
Even to the point that Owies plays in a position where you classically blood youth- Hewett, Long, Brockman, Hutchy, Maric, MChampion running through there and ready to take over from Cripps/ LRyan in a year or 2 anyway... Not to mention Graham as a likely pressure forward.

Buying back into the 1st round as part of Barrass deal has to be priority now.

On SM-A336E using BigFooty.com mobile app

They are, as with Dev possibly coming in too, but we could have had all of these guys without moving off of Pick 3.

Yeah, if we retained pick 3 (or even a minor downgrade to say 6) with Baker and Owies still arriving, it's fine.

Just hoping that the common saying by many draft watchers that this year's crop is even in the top 15-20 or so holds true. And hoping that who we were eyeing off at 3 would be available at 12, and that it of course pays off.

We'll find out in 2027 if it's all worth it.

Iv been so annoyed at work because of this deal, two of my workers are Carlton supporters and they’re both laughing at me and sympathising with me at the same time, even they cannot believe they bent us over like that. One of them said it’s as bad as the Kelly trade and I said na this is so much worse in every aspect.

Kelly was a star and we were chasing another premiership and then Covid hit, that was all just bad timing but can’t blame us for trying. This one is mindless because we’re rebuilding and desperately need midfielders but we go out and blow our draft capital on an average midget and another below average delist material midget.

I’m getting angry just writing this 😭

So the smooth brains at wce what happens to us in four years when Liam Baker turns 30 and Owie 31?
And Yeo and TK are gone

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think most agree we need the mature bodies in that age bracket. Cannot have a side of entirely teenagers. No one denies that. Graham, Baker and Owies immediately improves the quality of our list overall. All three walk into the best 22/23. Ideally, all three also have three or more seasons of AFL-level football in them.

The problem is the price paid for the latter two overall.
Shrewd acquisitions for a decidedly unshrewd price.

Smashed my 83" 4K OLED TV and burnt all my WCE gear today. My wife just took our crying kids and said they’re all spending a couple days in a motel. This team has ruined my life. I can’t do this any longer.
Bolded is good. Rest not so much

For those worrying about how we can get Champion - why would we? We legitimately just used the picks we could've used to get him on a small forward.
Because we’re not fielding a team for one year and then never again.

Well we would if I had my way, but you know what I mean.

Baker in the midfield will make Reid, Hewitt and Kelly better players - the best I can think of is the mix that Stenglein added in the 2005/6 team. Stenglein in his own right was an average accumulator but did a better job of defensive structure than anybody. Mini is probably looking at blokes who know the game plan and can help to implement it.

I like this traed more than most - draft picks are over rated.
I am not sure about this. Mmm

Buying back into the 1st round as part of Barrass deal has to be priority now.

On SM-A336E using BigFooty.com mobile app

The dumbest part is, Hawks will know this

Feel like the whole thing was done to take away the Hawks leverage of us needing a pick for Baker. But now they'll know we have no picks and are desperate to trade TB

Just plain stupidity all round

I agree that the trade was bad and overs but everyone here suggesting it alone will condemn us to a lifetime of failure need to calm the **** down. This year especially there is some chance we get a comparable or even a better player at pick 12. Carlton have basically traded out of next year for a 9 pick upgrade, and Richmond are going to get slaughtered on field for years. No one is a huge winner here.

Iv been so annoyed at work because of this deal, two of my workers are Carlton supporters and they’re both laughing at me and sympathising with me at the same time, even they cannot believe they bent us over like that. One of them said it’s as bad as the Kelly trade and I said na this is so much worse in every aspect.

Kelly was a star and we were chasing another premiership and then Covid hit, that was all just bad timing but can’t blame us for trying. This one is mindless because we’re rebuilding and desperately need midfielders but we go out and blow our draft capital on an average midget and another below average delist material midget.

I’m getting angry just writing this 😭
Just remind them we have won 2 and lost 2 premierships since they have won 1

If this trade goes through the amout of resentment for Baker and owies will be huge .

I hate them already
Couldn't agree more, they're going to come under huge amounts of fan scrutiny due to this trade.

Purely as expectations are now really really high, Baker even more so.

I don't hate them, I hate our list management.

If this was our approach a competent list manager probably would of been able to get Shai Bolton and Baker for 3.... instead we got Matt ****ing Owies.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back