List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In: 12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi phil thanks for all your hard work .

Unfortunately it is the worst trade period in eagles history.

I have no problems with the players we selected but we seem to have been fleeced in every trade .

3 for 12 + 14 terrible

14 for Baker is overs

The barrass deal is unders and we have to wait a year to get paid .

We go to the draft with 12 and 26 !

Matt Clarke needs to be taken out back and shot . What a ****ing clown

Funny thing is, if we had given up F1, F2 and F3 for a 29 year old defender with chronic back injuries we all know you’d be complaining that we paid overs.

Well blow me down it turns out I was right.

The expectation from some pasrt of the west were unrealistic. 2 firsts for a 29 year old with a poor injury record is way over when a 23 year old former top 10 pick is moving for pick 17 in the same week.

Albeit one is contracted and the other isn't but still.

Sometimes you get what you can for older players when in a rebuild because you need to get games into the young guys under them.. We did it with Mitchell and OMeara and it worked out fine. Barrass was never going to be in the next flag.

Eagles have a nice hand for next year now. Attack the Chad!

Congratulations on your impressive run of games to finish this season. 6th was a great effort for your list. Enjoy Barrass - try and avoid getting him caught on the lead, he won’t chase.

Funny thing is, if we had given up F1, F2 and F3 for a 29 year old defender with chronic back injuries we all know you’d be complaining that we paid overs.
It’s all about where you are in your list build/premiership window.

It would be a terrible trade for us, but it makes sense for them.

Hawthorn offered 14 and F3 for Barrass which we rightly rejected

The fallout for that was them trading 14 to Carlton and ultimately us trading pick 3

Had we accepted 14 would still have gone for Baker and we’ve ended up with their F3

Means that for pick 3 (and F4) we’ve received 12, F1 and F2 (Hawthorn)

Plus Owies and 73 for 63 and 68 which was tied to the pick 3 trade

That’s not set fire to MRP territory, especially if Hawthorn miss finals which admittedly is unlikely
Pies and Dockers a fair chance to get back into the 8.

Hope it’s the Hawks that fall.

Points next year will be at a premium and would be in a good spot to secure a 3rd 1st round pick with ours and Hawks 2nd.

But we will definitely trade back into this draft I reckon.

I really don't like this whole new Richmond clique thing going on. Phil's feedback really isn't of a positive nature.

"I'll only come if X player comes as well..."

"I'm not nominating your club until Mini is announced as coach..."

Mini (already don't like this prick) is big on Baker, and his mates...

Clarke lives Mini. Mini loves Clarke. Mini big on Graham. Graham big on Relton.

Yada Yada Yada. Since when have we done business like this? Whole thing seems dodgy AF. Very irresponsible from Pyke to allow it to happen.

And if the entire Baker/Graham thing fell through, so what? Would anyone other than Mcqualter and his mate Clarke actually care if we didn't get those players?

Oh oh oh but we're lacking in 23-27 bracket.. yeah no shit. So get Dev, Carroll, Peatling, Garcia, and whatever other SENSIBLE targets that don't involve you also bring their buddy or some other bullshit condition like ensuring X pick is used to compensate their old club across.

Are you new to sports?

Just wondering if the concept of a new coach moving to a struggling club and surrounding himself with people he knows and trusts off the field, as well as brining in mature/veterans that he can rely on to follow his plan and set a standard for an underachieving and somewhat uninspired group is entirely alien to you.

Also how many alleged turds could you munch on to satisfy your appetite you reckon? Gobbling down a whole bunch from "trusted sources". C'mon man, you used to be cool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My overarching question based on this is the following:

WHY was the club so laser focused on getting Baker, to the point that he acted as the hinge to our entire trade period?

I understand that someone "over committed", but so what if Baker didnt end up at West Coast this year? Was that person's job on the line if they failed to deliver? Was the club worried about the scrutiny on its perception? Was McQualter such a standout coaching candidate that refusing to acquiesce to his demands would see us lose his signature?

WTF is the reasoning?

It is weird. Part of the appeal of McQualter supposedly that helps us attract Baker. We're overcommitted to Baker supposedly because McQualter is big on him. But then who wanted him in the first place? Clarke?

Can we ****ing pool some of those Longmire dollars and make another play for Caruso......

Fairly pleased with the Barrass deal, all things considered.

What I'm not pleased about is the continued pattern this club has of horrendous mismanagement. Over the last 5 years, at least. It really sounds like the list management team, professionals who get well compensated to perform in this area, acted more akin to love-struck school girls, overcommitting and showing their hands way too early.

In all areas, this club really needs to do a Simpson and wake up.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back