List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:
Very poor so far the WA boys - nothing much to see there. Kelly has been ok, Clay Hall also, not much else. Sanders is the one, was great in his last game and is tearing up this game too.
Can't see any WA prospects worth splitting pick 1 for. Curtin or Edwards don't do it for me.

Don’t have to be looking at WA boys just to split though?

There is two excellent Tasmanian players that you could build your midfield around.

(I am a keep Reid atm too just for clarity)

WA woeful ball movement has cost them multiple scoring opportunities, no composure and poor decision making.

Curtin playing well but the ball movement from the allies into their forward line has been first class, they are a well oiled machine that will test Vic Metro.

All the better players in the first half has been allies.

• Sanders
  • McKercher
  • Rogers

Putting on a clinic of how to play the midfield role.

Very disappointing effort from WA in the first half.
Particularly as the Allies are cobbled together from a few programmes to > a well oiled machine. Just goes to show it about tallent more than anything

Surprizing that our boys are getting done for run and agility - the Sandgroper boys are usually reknown for that. The Allies
are bigger and stronger too
, it seems. Disappointing output from us so far.

The benefit of already being in the AFL System ......... It's why the Northern Academy's are a huge advantage to the respective Clubs.

If this trend continues, its hard to see any WA players in the top 10 of the draft

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don’t like any of the WA top end prospects much this year

I’m not as high on Edwards or Curtin as most seem to be, I wouldn’t even consider splitting picks for them, Hall is solid but doesn’t move me that much and I like Tholstrup but not enough to split picks for him, he could even make his way to our 2nd in the end imo

Reid, Duursma, McKercher, Watson and Caddy are probably my 5 favourites right now

Going to be a fair bit worse than Venables over SPP

Johnson’s ability last night to stand up in tackles and dispose cleanly in the wet, under Richmond’s pressure, is what our team needs much MUCH more of. And it was sitting right there
It's not like we could do with a young, ball winning midfielder either is it?
F**k me I wish our recruitment team would stop thinking they're operating on another level to everyone else and that they can outsmart the other teams

WC should target key position players in the draft and trade for an established but young enough ruck a year down the track.
Please no, we need mids and silky half forward flankers, i can't stand to see 3 more years of 100 point losses. Free agent the talls they take too long and we dont have the time.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t like any of the WA top end prospects much this year

I’m not as high on Edwards or Curtin as most seem to be, I wouldn’t even consider splitting picks for them, Hall is solid but doesn’t move me that much and I like Tholstrup but not enough to split picks for him, he could even make his way to our 2nd in the end imo

Reid, Duursma, McKercher, Watson and Caddy are probably my 5 favourites right now
Hall's going to be a dominant, ball winning midfielder.....in the WAFL

McKercher reminds me a bit of Sam Walsh.

It's not like we could do with a young, ball winning midfielder either is it?
F**k me I wish our recruitment team would stop thinking they're operating on another level to everyone else and that they can outsmart the other teams

Thing is I thought they were geniuses when they traded down, got ports 2nd and he was still on the board. That quickly changed to disappointment when we didn’t take him.

Don’t have to be looking at WA boys just to split though?

There is two excellent Tasmanian players that you could build your midfield around.

(I am a keep Reid atm too just for clarity)

Exactly, that's why I said 'WA boys'. Stanley and McKercher would be excellent gets from the Tassie boys - I am sure there will be terrific prospects out of Vic too.

Thing is I thought they were geniuses when they traded down, got ports 2nd and he was still on the board. That quickly changed to disappointment when we didn’t take him.

Me too, we were guaranteed one of Hobbs or MJ, we netted a nice extra 2nd too, I was feeling very good, then Chessers name was called out lol.

By no means saying Chesser will never amount to anything but what we’ve seen so far has been pretty bloody grim in essentially every aspect of football

Last edited:
Rookieme had Sanders in the late teens of their May ranking. Based on what I'm hearing, he may be this year's late Top 10 bloomer like Humphrey and Ginbey last year. Wouldn't mind picking him up if we do decide to split Pick 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back