List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:
Lance you idiot stop doing amazing s**t

He is a very selfish player, love the specky and the limelight, so very talented yep so very selfish.

The only way I see us being able to split pick 1 and still end up with Curtain is if North get pick 3 as compo for McKay leaving

2 and 3 for 1 wouldn’t be horrible, could take Curtin and McKercher

Although I’d probably split 3 and grab another 2 1sts from that.

Ideally we just take Reid though of course

At the game was pretty clear, VC missed some shots in the first but WA the stronger side the last 3 quarters. Was it 3 or 4 posters some on some quite easy shots.

Reid obviously outstanding talent but got outworked at times later on in the midfield by Hall and then went back forward. Reid was probably the difference but WA played a very good game, particularly the second half and it's a tough call but I thought Curtin really imposed himself on the contest and probably had him BOG.

Some of the lesser known WA boys having great games. Demattia, love this kid, Collard showing his ability (does he have the work rate all game but put in some really solid defensive efforts too) and guys with just sticky hands in the second half. Disappointed by Edwards, Archer Reid, Duursma.
Could add Stevens to the disappointed section. Wilson was average for him would like to see him around the ball more.
Laul had a good first 3 quarters, thought Baston-Hine has been solid in all 3 games.
Collard is a hard read he’s got something about him just doesn’t show enough of it. Demattia has had a great start to the championships.

Either way Harley Reid dominating and generating headlines is good for us. It could entice some pretty silly offers, or we get a genuine gun. Good position to be in.

You know, aside from being the most embarrassing side ever right now

It’d be quite devastating if we ended up finishing above North, which I wouldn’t rule out considering we play each other lmao

It’d be quite devastating if we ended up finishing above North, which I wouldn’t rule out considering we play each other lmao

I'm still worried about this too. Our % is so dire we'd need to win 2 more games though, and surely surely after what we've seen that won't happen, but this season has been so bad I wouldn't put it past us to win a couple of meaningless games to disappoint us all again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still worried about this too. Our % is so dire we'd need to win 2 more games though, and surely surely after what we've seen that won't happen, but this season has been so bad I wouldn't put it past us to win a couple of meaningless games to disappoint us all again.
Feel like North will beat Hawks who are on a big downward spiral at least meaning we need to win 3 games

Be nice if north could get a win, just to give us some breathing space.

LDU back will help.

I don't want to win the spoon but I'd hate for this year to follow 2009. Win some meaningless games and slide down the draft order only to win the spoon a year later.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

The only way I see us being able to split pick 1 and still end up with Curtain is if North get pick 3 as compo for McKay leaving

2 and 3 for 1 wouldn’t be horrible, could take Curtin and McKercher

Although I’d probably split 3 and grab another 2 1sts from that.

Ideally we just take Reid though of course
I’ll go against the grain and I would do Mckercher and Curtin +steak knives.

Love Reid and what he showed but I thought Curtin was BOG also. Always at the right place and foot skills looked great.

Looks like Sod Draper next year at pick 1 so happy to grab a tall that showed so much.

(All comes down to that Reid interview though)

Goss said kids all yelling out Harley’s name at the end of the game. He would love that, really need to be competitive next year if we do go Reid and the blokes I thought we would grab to help that seem to be going off the board (Dev, Sheldrick, MG, Brockman)

I’ll go against the grain and I would do Mckercher and Curtin +steak knives.

Love Reid and what he showed but I thought Curtin was BOG also. Always at the right place and foot skills looked great.

Looks like Sod Draper next year at pick 1 so happy to grab a tall that showed so much.

(All comes down to that Reid interview though)

Goss said kids all yelling out Harley’s name at the end of the game. He would love that, really need to be competitive next year if we do go Reid and the blokes I thought we would grab to help that seem to be going off the board (Dev, Sheldrick, MG, Brockman)

The problem with splitting 1 is every proposal I’ve seen has been from GWS and their first pick will be in the 5-7 range, by then Curtin and McKercher will be gone

The problem with splitting 1 is every proposal I’ve seen has been from GWS and their first pick will be in the 5-7 range, by then Curtin and McKercher will be gone
Yep, absolutely not worth it, especially if Caddy steps it up into the top 4 also.

Well, you know what that means?

Marketing

With NN Retiring, WCE are desperate for a new top dog.
Kid has swagger and will be an interesting watch with the way sides seem to come after him and he engages back.
He flys the flag for teammates and has a real combative streak. Would love for us to take him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back