List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:
It’s North, they aren’t going to magically conjure up a huge fan base because they drafted Reid. They have a severe need for a small forward and another KPP, Curtin and Watson for them > Reid, comfortably.

With that being said, as someone else pointed out, they probably won’t even get 3 for McKay.
Other Journos have suggested they will get pick 3. I agree he won’t magically turn them in to sell outs but he will put bums on seats.

Time will tell, I think they are at the stage of getting the best they can. I believe they will do the pick 2 and 3 for 1. Let’s see if and how it plays out.

Ralph on Fox Sports last night mentioned that West Coast couldn’t get a meeting with Robertson over the bye week, as the player wasn’t interested in going through the initial rebuild.
Seems a weird stance from a bloke who isn’t even guaranteed games every week or in the future. You’d think this would be a great opportunity for him, oh well, everyone gets a choice. Hope it works out for him. Don’t like his chances though

Dev would have been an ok pickup at the right price, the same as Georgiades but I’m not overly fussed missing out on either.

Let’s go to the draft, keep our options open on potential salary dumps and look towards free agency next year.

We can always trade for role players later when our picks aren’t as valuable.

We’re better pumping as many games into Hewett, Ginbey, Chesser, Long, Hough, Burgiel, Culley, Maric, Bazzo, and co as we can.

It will pay us back when they all start to hit that 50 odd games mark as Woosha used to say.

Dev would have been an ok pickup at the right price, the same as Georgiades but I’m not overly fussed missing out on either.

Let’s go to the draft, keep our options open on potential salary dumps and look towards free agency next year.

We can always trade for role players later when our picks aren’t as valuable.
100% we r in the box seat for other clubs courting a salary dump.

I am just not sure many, if any clubs, are in as bad a position gold coast was in!

With Tassie coming in, i can't seeing anyone giving up a first rounder. Maybe a second rounder.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

So I was reading up on what the Tin Rattlers were thinking at pick 2. Lots of talk about Caddy and Watson.
Then a few of them are thinking they are a good chance of getting pick 3 compo for McKay and on top of that a PP first round to so could get picks 2,3 & 4. That would push GWS picks right back no way the AFL does that surely?

AFL not giving them a first round PP. Dreaming. Some other aid maybe.

McKay compo won't a first rounder.

So I was reading up on what the Tin Rattlers were thinking at pick 2. Lots of talk about Caddy and Watson.
Then a few of them are thinking they are a good chance of getting pick 3 compo for McKay and on top of that a PP first round to so could get picks 2,3 & 4. That would push GWS picks right back no way the AFL does that surely?

Lmao they aren’t ending up with 2,3 and 4. I don’t even think they’ll get 3 for McKay and I doubt they get another priority pick, if they do it’ll be a 2nd rounder

AFL not giving them a first round PP. Dreaming. Some other aid maybe.

McKay compo won't a first rounder.

It well could be it would depend on the contract he’s offered and then the AFL put it into there magic machine and split out a pick. I would actually think if McKay does leave them it’s more likely than unlikely to be tier one compo.

Ralph on Fox Sports last night mentioned that West Coast couldn’t get a meeting with Robertson over the bye week, as the player wasn’t interested in going through the initial rebuild.

Especially where he currently is. A fringe 22 yr old at a contender.

He could be walking out on a medal if cards fell the right way. If he's happy, stay. Win a flag, reassess in 2 >>> yrs time.

Opportunities like he has at the Lions dont come around easily.

Especially where he currently is. A fringe 22 yr old at a contender.

He could be walking out on a medal if cards fell the right way. If he's happy, stay. Win a flag, reassess in 2 >>> yrs time.

Opportunities like he has at the Lions dont come around easily.

Pfft Brisbane can’t win at the G , so unless the grand finals going back to the Gabba for a year I highly doubt they’ll win one😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems a weird stance from a bloke who isn’t even guaranteed games every week or in the future. You’d think this would be a great opportunity for him, oh well, everyone gets a choice. Hope it works out for him. Don’t like his chances though
I’m just paraphrasing the reporting.

I tend to agree with you, particularly in Dev’s long term prospects.

I

Is 195cm not KPP height? I feel like Key backs in general don’t need to be as tall as the forwards. Mind you he’s 18 and likely still growing
200cm seems to be the new ideal key position height, so my comment was with Busslinger being closer to that height 'he was more kpd height'.

North supporters generally are delusional, judging by their posts elsewhere on this site.

Curtin is less dominant aerially where Busslinger is on the end of everything that comes in.
Busslinger is still a good kick but Curtin is terrific.
A few cm doesn't really matter but the Buss tends to have a bit more reach on the spoil.

I'd say Busslinger is the better KPD with Curtin being a really elite 3rd tall if you can get him loose

A few cm doesn't really matter
Viola Davis Side Eye GIF by ABC Network

Currently losing by 150 points in the WAFL

I don’t see how we keep our WAFL side, it’s a horrific place for our players to “develop” and the WAFL won’t let us actually recruit good players

If they don’t lift some of the bizarre restrictions placed on us, we’re going to have to find a club to merge with

I don’t see how we keep our WAFL side, it’s a horrific place for our players to “develop” and the WAFL won’t let us actually recruit good players

If they don’t lift some of the bizarre restrictions placed on us, we’re going to have to find a club to merge with

We have a grand total of two listed players in the WAFL today, both being our CAT B rookies.

The result is absolutely and totally irrelevant and clearly the WAFC likes looking like a joke allowing the game to proceed.

Totally agree about the need to address the WAFL side set up, if Trev cannot stand up to the WAFC and demand some changes then it is another sign he needs to go.

Young players develop?

That would entail WCE players actually playing in the WAFL side, no?

(Can't comment on what I would do with certain Vic players as they will potentially fall around the first pick of the club im working for)

If you are working for Norf make sure you get paid upfront

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back