List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:
JVR in a deal for pick 1

Naughton isn’t happy at Dogs

Or none of that is happening and we are just keeping Waterman. Which is probably the most likely

IF Naughton wanted to WCE come this year how could we possibly get him. Would only work if we decided Reid was too much of a flight risk.

A deal like this COULD work. Would likely be more parts involved.

WCE Give: 1, 38
Dogs Give: Naughton, 10, 17, Bulldogs F1

We then use 10 & 17 to get the Suns Pick 4 as WCE_phil has suggested will likely happen.

Overall it would look something like;

WCE Out: 1,38
WCE In: Naughton, 4, Dogs F1

Naughton can play down back which I believed is his preferred position meaning we can swing McGovern forward which might help his body. Pick 4 would hopefully get us Mckercher as I think we'd pass on Curtin if we got Naughton & you can bank that F1 or use it in a swap for another first rounder this year for a club looking to bank points for next year like say Carlton's Pick 14.

Personally I'd rather deal with the Dogs than bloody Melbourne if we are giving up Pick 1.

IF Naughton wanted to WCE come this year how could we possibly get him. Would only work if we decided Reid was too much of a flight risk.

We then use 10 & 17 to get the Suns Pick 4 as WCE_phil has suggested will likely happen.

Naughton can play down back which I believed is his preferred position meaning we can swing McGovern forward which might help his body. Pick 4 would hopefully get us Mckercher as I think we'd pass on Curtin if we got Naughton & you can bank that F1 or use it in a swap for another first rounder this year for a club looking to bank points for next year like say Carlton's Pick 14.

Personally I'd rather deal with the Dogs than bloody Melbourne if we are giving up Pick 1.
Why the hell would we give up pick 1 for a guy who will be a free agent in a year or 2? Enough of these stupid trades please, jesus christ

Darling still has 2 years to run on his contract doesnt he? Would be strange for him to retire considering he is still fit.

As far as I can tell his contract expires next year although some places, most notably Footwire, have him contracted to 2025

No idea.

Maybe Melbourne give us 4,5 and F1 for 1.

5 head to dogs for Naughton.

Not saying likely, just spitballing.

Travis Colyer and Nathan Wilson have both been delisted by Freo whilst still involved in the final’s campaign for their aligned club

Any interest in signing them as DFAs

If you answer yes to this question, expect a ban

In all seriousness, Colyer would be a good addition to the Beagles squad.

The last player I know that WCE actively tried to hide was Will Powell and he still didnt make it to the club. To answer your first two questions its very difficult due to a combination of both and not worth it. Anyone good enough at 15 for a club to try it will be followed anyway.

Late bloomers it can at least be partially done or a potential player has to 100% love the club, know he's going to get there and blow interviews in a manner that doesn't raise too many suspicions. You might hazard a guess as to who a potential WCE player might be now.

With the northern academies it's much easier. Clubs know they aren't getting the players and if they aren't locked in top 20 prospects they are much easier to hide and get on the cheap.

We hid Lee Walker down at Margaret River for a season going back further rather than him running around at East Perth, Shame his knees were made of cheese, could have been anything that bloke

We hid Lee Walker down at Margaret River for a season going back further rather than him running around at East Perth, Shame his knees were made of cheese, could have been anything that bloke

Then the day he was going to debut at East Perth was hopping a fence to retrieve a tennis ball from a backyard cricket game and put a stake through his foot.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why the hell would we give up pick 1 for a guy who will be a free agent in a year or 2? Enough of these stupid trades please, jesus christ

If Naughton wanted out now then the club would seriously consider it assuming he would want to move here.

No denying the unrest at the Dogs ATM

Nothing stupid about that. He's a quality forward.

My biggest concern with trading Reid to Norf is their going to have a stacked young core...

Even without Reid they have a good young core

It's just their player development is shizen

Travis Colyer and Nathan Wilson have both been delisted by Freo whilst still involved in the final’s campaign for their aligned club

If you answer yes to this question, expect

No to either.The only one i would be interested was Hamling if the Barrass to Sydney trade eventuated but he seems to have escaped.

No to either.The only one i would be interested was Hamling if the Barrass to Sydney trade eventuated but he seems to have escaped.

Hamling would still be a good pick up for when Barass or McGovern inevitably break down

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

And Henry is leaving also managed by young

Indeed.

Today would seem to be a form of petty revenge for the announcement from L.Henry yesterday.

Otherwise, why today to delist when they are still to complete the season in the WAFL team?

Could easily have waited for that to conclude before making the cull.

To be honest I didn't think Colyer was still around. Wowee...
Wilson is a rat with a comb over, no chance.

To be honest I didn't think Colyer was still around. Wowee...
Wilson is a rat with a comb over, no chance.
A real case of Travis who?

And as for Nathan Wilson. Possibly the biggest bellend to make it onto an AFL list in the past 20 years. Wouldn't want him in the Beagles even if he were ten years younger AND a decent player. Polonium infused turd if ever there was one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back