List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:
If Naughton wanted out now then the club would seriously consider it assuming he would want to move here.

No denying the unrest at the Dogs ATM

Nothing stupid about that. He's a quality forward.

Hahaha imagine spending two years being enticed by Reid highlights, getting excited that we are finally getting our midfield star, generational talent, spiritual leader, and then riiiight as we get to the trade/draft period we hand over the Reid pick.... For another tall.

Waterman can cover JDs role. JDs impact was pretty minimal this year. Happy to see him go around again but if he wants to focus on his family then that would really fatten up the WarChe$t™

If Naughton wanted out now then the club would seriously consider it assuming he would want to move here.

I’d still pass. Allen and Maric is fine for now and I don’t think I could deal with a wayward key forward after being blessed with blokes that take their chances more often than not.

A more accomplished forward than Allen and younger than Allen.

What would people be willing to give up for another Allen?

Future 1st for Naughton + ?

Get Reid and Naughton ?

What do we do with pick 19 now we have it .
We should definitely hold onto it until the night before round 2. Then assess all the offers overnight.

Same as pick one. I hope we dont rush into swapping picks too early.

all these proposals that see us giving up pick 1 for a bag of s**t make me want to rage vomit blood

Nothing better than reading this kind of 5 way trade from Fox Footy

WCE give: Pick 1

Melbourne give: JVR

North give: Pick 45

Carlton give: Pick 38

Collingwood give: Ginnivan

Collingwood get: Pick 38

Melbourne get: Pick 1

North get: JVR

Carlton get: Ginnivan

WCE get: Pick 45

Meme Reaction GIF

Err, what? Naughton can't kick for shit.

Get Reid and Naughton ?

Pass on Naughton, unless it's FA. Not worth anything to our side currently but worth it when OOC and the club looks like climbing the ladder.

Nothing better than reading this kind of 5 way trade from Fox Footy

WCE give: Pick 1

Melbourne give: JVR

North give: Pick 45

Carlton give: Pick 38

Collingwood give: Ginnivan

Collingwood get: Pick 38

Melbourne get: Pick 1

North get: JVR

Carlton get: Ginnivan

WCE get: Pick 45

Meme Reaction GIF
Weighted too much in WCE's favour, tbh.

Get Reid and Naughton ?
Naughton and Allen were in the same draft year. Both born in 1999 a few months apart.

Naughton out of contract end of next year and then free agent the following year. Bulldogs would play hard ball so doesn’t make sense for us right now. Tell him to hold tight for a year or two. Only risk would be Freo coming hard for him but their salary cap should be pretty tight by then compared to us.

We can roll with talls of Allen, BW and Maric with JW and Waterman in the wings for now.

Uhhh.... Certainly not based on this season, and I'd hate to compare which team generated more i50s but I'm guessing it's not us.
Mate take your blue and gold glasses off .
Both drafted in 2017 Naughton is 8 months younger than Allen

Naughton 123 games
Allen 82 games

Naughton 191 career goals 1.6 per game
Allen 119 career goals 1.5 per game

Arguably both teams have made i GF since they were drafted and probably played the same amount of finals .

Naughton is a gun and only 23 .

Pair him with Allen and with have a dream pair of forwards till 2030

Last edited:

Naughton 123 games
Allen 82 games

Allen 199 career goals 1.5 per game

Arguably both teams have made i GF since they were drafted and probably played the same amount of finals .

Holy fk. Are you trolling? This is a wild take. Firstly you've fluffed those stats but secondly Allen was our ruckman and key back for significant portions of his career.

If you want to compare them then compare this season when both have played 23 games as a key forward (excusing the moments Allen had to go back).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Naughton 123 games
Allen 82 games

Allen is 100% a far superior forward, has always played to a far better midfield, been targeted more and outside of his first season hasn’t had to play multiple positions.

Holy fk. Are you trolling? This is a wild take. Firstly you've fluffed those stats but secondly Allen was our ruckman and key back for significant portions of his career.

If you want to compare them then compare this season when both have played 23 games as a key forward (excusing the moments Allen had to go back).
I'm not doubting Allen's credentials but you guys are talking like Naughton is a spud and not fit to lace Allen's boots .

If Naughton leaves dogs will want a lot for him and rightly so he is a gun

Naughton 2021 47 goals 2022 51 goals 2023 44 goals .

He is not even 24 until the end of November .

I'm not doubting Allen's credentials but you guys are talking like Naughton is a spud and not fit to lace Allen's boots .

If Naughton leaves dogs will want a lot for him and rightly so he is a gun

Naughton 2021 47 goals 2022 51 goals 2023 44 goals .

He is not even 24 until the end of November .

Nobody's said Naughton's a spud.

Simply put, nobody wants to trade for him when he's an FA in 2 years.

Naughton in the side for the next 2 years won't make a wit of difference to how successful we are.

Naughton in the side for the next 2 years won't make a wit of difference to how successful we are.

Tbh he would probably just add to the frustration we’ve felt the last 2 years, can you imagine this campaigner Naughton missing a shot 15m directly in front when where losing by 100points midway through the 3rd qtr😂 least big Oscar puts them through the big sticks. Wouldn’t be against getting him when where up and going again and when he’s a free agent.

Naughton is not a free agent in 2 years .

He is out of contract after next season but not a free agent yet .

Tbh he would probably just add to the frustration we’ve felt the last 2 years, can you imagine this campaigner Naughton missing a shot 15m directly in front when where losing by 100points midway through the 3rd qtr😂 least big Oscar puts them through the big sticks. Wouldn’t be against getting him when where up and going again and when he’s a free agent.
When talent is good and they want to come home just grab them .

Naughton is overrated.

That said, you can't judge him vs Allen on this year alone. Naughton, like his team had a down year.

Doesn't make him a spud, nor does it make him the superstar he's perceived to be in the Vic flog media.

Why are we even talking about Naughton?

Naughton is overrated.

That said, you can't judge him vs Allen on this year alone. Naughton, like his team had a down year.

Doesn't make him a spud, nor does it make him the superstar he's perceived to be in the Vic flog media.

Why are we even talking about Naughton?

We're trading pick 1 for him.

Naughton 123 games
Allen 82 games

Maths is definitely not my strong point but those stats seem off

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back