List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:

Travis Colyer and Nathan Wilson have both been delisted by Freo whilst still involved in the final’s campaign for their aligned club

Any interest in signing them as DFAs

If you answer yes to this question, expect a ban

Interesting in that both players are managed by C.Young.

The rift between those parties appears to be widening if anything.

If we take 5 players this year in the draft we will have added 16 players to our list in 3 drafts including Culley and Maric 18 if you include Hunt and SPS.

I don’t really see how making that 17 youngsters instead of 16 is really going to make a huge difference. Can’t play them all at once.

Reid will be as ready to go a player as nearly any we have seen before him and that’s probably what we need as much as a more speculative prospect.

When the Eagles have got on top in the midfield which admittedly didn’t happen often, we actually went alright. Think games against Nth, GWS, Bombers and Bulldogs. We got field position and became very competitive.

If we get some quality midfield players in there we will start to compete with a fit list very quickly.

And if learn that going fwd isn't just bombing it & hoping for a mark.

Mix it up with kicks to lead up forwards and mids running it into the 50 so we aren't so predictable.

Travis Colyer and Nathan Wilson have both been delisted by Freo whilst still involved in the final’s campaign for their aligned club

Wasn't it Wilson who majorly slagged off WCE when he came to Freo?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or they just both aren't vary good AFL players...

I get your point. North has been hammered by the media over here this year. Worst side since Fitzroy. West coast have only been copped it due to Simmo. One pick will not fix your list. Same as us. WE need multiple picks in multiple drafts just to start being competitive
You guys have something like 28 first and second round picks on your list .

You are about to add 3 more at least .

Your problem is not going to be fixed with draft picks .

Afl needs to send you extra assistant coaches and development coaches on their tab

I don’t profess to be full bottle on Freo’s list but I don’t feel that these two going would be a big surprise

Looked on the outer most of this year

Nothing exciting about those highlights. Most seem to be clever short passes inside 50 and a few goals within 30m.
Getting Zac Langdon vibes albeit with a bit more pace, better overhead but with less tackling pressure.
Cant see any Shai Bolton there but im judging solely from a highlights reel.
Late 3rd at best IMO

Some old footage there but you can see he has the skills and the footy brain.

Its now all about hunger and getting fit. Staying fit and olating games.

Low price. Low risk. Potential high reward.

Premiership teams need 6 to 8 guns who win their position and influence games. Brockman has the potential to be that good.

I think we should, it shows we're a caring compassionate organisation with an eye on the future........how long's my ban?

JVR in a deal for pick 1

Naughton isn’t happy at Dogs

Or none of that is happening and we are just keeping Waterman. Which is probably the most likely
I could see JD going past 300 games. But not if he doesn’t want to.

He didn’t have a great year. Looked tired, disinterested, possibly injured at times.
Showed better form towards the end of the year.

Perhaps he has had enough. Reached 500 goals, one of the great forwards of the club, but almost certainly won’t play in another premiership.

Maybe the motivation is not there, better to retire if that’s the case.

But it’s all speculation at this point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back