List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:
Hurn replacement? If he's firming as our 2nd pick, that surely lessens any interest in Curtin?

That's just my opinion basing on the fact we had interest in Curtin and Hardeman, or at least following those two the most out of the WA players.

For those wanting to dump everyone over 30, go back and look at our 2010/11 team that was the start of the push towards grand finals.

We had Embley, Nicoski, Kerr, Glass, Selwood, Cox - all of whom were unlikely to play in another flag but were needed to help the next generation come through. That's how it's done.

Last edited:
How do we feel about Mitch Edwards at 19?

Depends if we do bring in someone like Flynn or Sweet in the trade period.

I think one of them plus Williams, Jamieson, Barnett and Edwards would be too many rucks for the list.

That's just my opinion basing on the fact we had interest in Curtin and Hardeman, or at least following those two the most out of the WA players.
I find this disturbing if true. From a positional and attributes perspective both these players aren't really filling a need.

Midfield with a defensive positional bias is why our list is uncompetitive, they're the easiest players to find. We should be targeting anyone who doesn't shit the bed with their back to goals.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

I find this disturbing if true. From a positional and attributes perspective both these players aren't really filling a need.

Midfield with a defensive positional bias is why our list is uncompetitive, they're the easiest players to find. We should be targeting anyone who doesn't s**t the bed with their back to goals.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

I don't know much about Hardeman, you're not a fan? Not close to being a Hurn replacement?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think one of them plus Williams, Jamieson, Barnett and Edwards would be too many rucks for the list.
Jamieson is no ruck. At best he has a year to become a lock down full back.

I know this is slightly off the point but I am really struggling to understand why Jamieson is on the list.

He is not big enough/good enough to be a ruckman at AFL level, or even a backup.

He has not played as a kpd or kpf.

So I come back to the original question - why is he on the list?

Promising WAFL player but that’s about it, who is taking up a list spot.

Players on the list who are effectively non players was a significant reason for the list squeeze of the last two years.

I don't know much about Hardeman, you're not a fan? Not close to being a Hurn replacement?
Hardeman is "fine". He does a lot of things well but is elite in nothing, disposal is a touch inconsistent given his balance of inside and outside ball, gets a lot of the ball but doesn't get very dangerous.

A player who will quickly get pinholed on a back flank at AFL level and I'm not sure he's dangerous enough or tough enough to play there.

This game was requested by a number of people. Collard started on fire looking super dangerous every time Subiaco entered their forward 50, before fading a little in the second half. Just before half time he collided with the goal post, which seemed to take the wind out of him and he could be seen wincing and clutching at his side in the second half.

Why?

We have final list lodgement deadlines already.

The season isnt even completed. Some will be waiting for potential trade targets to sign or not. The club is juggling in and outs. Who comes in can determine who goes out.

Whats the rush?
Ya I'm with you, my point was just that they could embargo delisting announcements until the deadline if they wanted to.

Announce them all at once, get rid of the unsavoury speculating.

This game was requested by a number of people. Collard started on fire looking super dangerous every time Subiaco entered their forward 50, before fading a little in the second half. Just before half time he collided with the goal post, which seemed to take the wind out of him and he could be seen wincing and clutching at his side in the second half.

Easy pick at 19.

At worst he's a good small forward and will complement other players with his pure ground ball game.

Last edited:
For those wanting to dump everyone over 30, go back and look at our 2010/11 team that was the start of the push towards grand finals.

We had Embley, Nicoski, Kerr, Glass, Selwood, Cox - all of whom were unlikely to play in another flag but were needed to help the next generation come through. That's how it's done.
Adelaide should have dumped Tex for a third rounder 2 years ago.

I know this is slightly off the point but I am really struggling to understand why Jamieson is on the list.

He is not big enough/good enough to be a ruckman at AFL level, or even a backup.

He has not played as a kpd or kpf.

So I come back to the original question - why is he on the list?

Promising WAFL player but that’s about it, who is taking up a list spot.

Players on the list who are effectively non players was a significant reason for the list squeeze of the last two years.
Because he is a tall and we have about 10 blokes taking up a list spot. At this stage he is not a ruck or a KPD but he has potential. That potential is getting to the point it will need to be realised soon for sure, and it looks less likely that will be as a ruck, but a bit of patience is needed with talls, especially skinny buggers like Jamo. His competitiveness at ground level is something I really like about him and happy for the club to give him a bit more time to see if he has it. We have plenty of delist fodder ahead of him and there are only so many changes we can make each season so best to hold fire on a couple of slow burn prospects.

Those 6 were either onfield/offeild leaders, or both.

For comparison i would fit kelly, yeo, gov, cripps, duggan and maybe barass into that bracket.

A lot to like in there from Lance :)

To be honest, I'm not that impressed with Collard.

I know he kicked 5 but 3 of them were from bad play by Claremont and fell into his lap. Twice he couldn't even hit a handball target from 2 metres.

The other footage from previous games didn't inspire me either.

I might be missing something, but I'll be filthy if we used a 2nd rounder on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back