List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:

To be honest, I'm not that impressed with Collard.

I know he kicked 5 but 3 of them were from bad play by Claremont and fell into his lap. Twice he couldn't even hit a handball target from 2 metres.

The other footage from previous games didn't inspire me either.

I might be missing something, but I'll be filthy if we used a 2nd rounder on him.
Two handpasses, one Champion couldn't hold and the other one was quicker than most players could dispose of it.

Elite pace, agility and a great kick. Superb pressure forward, leaps recovers and gets dangerous. The type of player that will cause teams nightmares.

Passing on Collard for the next Jordan Jones should excite us all.

Easy pick at 19.

At worst he's a good small forward and will complement other players with his pure ground ball game.
Would have to be a good chance he’s still there at ports 2nd round pick.
I like him too but at 19 would be reaching. The club would need to be pretty certain on his professionalism to make it at afl level to throw pick 19 at him.

Would we consider absorbing the rest of Will Brodie's cap for 21?

Stop gap inside mid for a few years.

Brodie and 21 for 38?

Hardeman is "fine". He does a lot of things well but is elite in nothing, disposal is a touch inconsistent given his balance of inside and outside ball, gets a lot of the ball but doesn't get very dangerous.

A player who will quickly get pinholed on a back flank at AFL level and I'm not sure he's dangerous enough or tough enough to play there.
You're describing Luke Foley pretty much.

Would have to be a good chance he’s still there at ports 2nd round pick.
I like him too but at 19 would be reaching. The club would need to be pretty certain on his professionalism to make it at afl level to throw pick 19 at him.
I guess I don't like the draft. Not a midfielders draft and names getting thrown around at 19 are underwhelming.

The tall prospects in this draft are a total chook raffle and clubs with a modicum of intelligence will baulk at them and take a small.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

I guess I don't like the draft. Not a midfielders draft and names getting thrown around at 19 are underwhelming.

The tall prospects in this draft are a total chook raffle and clubs with a modicum of intelligence will baulk at them and take a small.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Couldn't agree more, names for 19 aren't that exciting. I'm not a massive fan of this draft at all, beyond the elite class at the top of the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest, I'm not that impressed with Collard.

I know he kicked 5 but 3 of them were from bad play by Claremont and fell into his lap. Twice he couldn't even hit a handball target from 2 metres.

The other footage from previous games didn't inspire me either.

I might be missing something, but I'll be filthy if we used a 2nd rounder on him.
Its amazing how often good small forwards have goals fall into their lap. Its almost as if they know where to position themselves to get that spilt ball.

There is a generally accepted understanding that clubs avoid walking a player to the PSD. The good thing about finishing bottom is 1st pick in the PSD so I expect this strengthens our negotiating hand and allows us to offer more reasonable picks for players.

We reportedly have interest in Brockman and Robertson plus one of Sweet or Flynn. I am thinking 54 and 57 for Brockman and a ruck plus a future 4th for Robertson. Lions will want a F3 but I would hardball them on that and use the PSD to hold firm.

Good news with Dogs and Hawks is that there will be some value in late picks as both have F/S prospects.

Lance Collard looks like a gem, a NGA prospect but I doubt we will get him past the 40 pick, probably need to use our second rounders.
Not so sure clubs will jump at a guy who has supposedly not interviewed well. I am sensing that there will be a big concern about a go home factor with him. I am thinking we would be worthwhile offering something for the Suns 2 x R2 picks which are currently at 28 (Crows) and GWS (currently 31). We have picks 55 and 57 plus future later picks.

I know this is slightly off the point but I am really struggling to understand why Jamieson is on the list.

He is not big enough/good enough to be a ruckman at AFL level, or even a backup.

He has not played as a kpd or kpf.

So I come back to the original question - why is he on the list?

Promising WAFL player but that’s about it, who is taking up a list spot.

Players on the list who are effectively non players was a significant reason for the list squeeze of the last two years.
Agree. Jamo does need to start showing something. With Barnett and Williams x2 seemingly filling R1, R2 and future KPF then a post-Gov KPD seems our biggest need. HEd doesn’t seem to cut it so maybe this is Jamo’s best role. And he is contracted until 2025.

The shape of our list is screaming out for an outside runner/accumulator.

Is this Hardeman? Does he have pace?
Hardeman fits the bill as outside runner and somewhat accumulation - he's very quick too.

Caleb Windsor probably slightly better option.

The other that is being horrendously underrated everywhere is Will Lorenz, left footer with great skills, nice first step and can kick goals.

Hardeman fits the bill as outside runner and somewhat accumulation - he's very quick too.

Caleb Windsor probably slightly better option.

The other that is being horrendously underrated everywhere is Will Lorenz, left footer with great skills, nice first step and can kick goals.

Reid, Hardeman and Lorenz sound like a great haul.

Hardeman is "fine". He does a lot of things well but is elite in nothing, disposal is a touch inconsistent given his balance of inside and outside ball, gets a lot of the ball but doesn't get very dangerous.

A player who will quickly get pinholed on a back flank at AFL level and I'm not sure he's dangerous enough or tough enough to play there.

And yet doesn't he just scream West Coast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back