List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:
Just regarding Dev Robertson for a bit, recording 7 disposals and 5 tackles is actually a pretty good return for a young inside midfielder that didn't attend a single center bounce all game!
Is it though?

I don't think any club is going to offer us what we want for Reid. I hope we draft Reid. A midfield combo of Reid Gibney and Hewitt will be exciting to watch for years to come. And with Kelly guiding them the only way we are going is up.
Also Reid brings excitement to the club and a marquee player we can build around.

Even a pick 4&5 is not good enough because the draft is pretty average outside the top 4 is hit and miss.
It's the perfect time to inject a Dustin Martin Pectracca Dangerfield type.
Reid is built in the same mould. Athletic goes in hard at the ball and is super quick with great goal sense. It's exciting.

Use pick 19 on a mid aswell. If we get another Shuey out of it. Shuey was pick 20 if I remember. We need to get our midfield up to standard. Then we use the rest on back up ruck and one of the later picks for Brockman.

Done. That would be a quality haul.

Last edited:
So from what I understand North could end up with picks 2&3? If so there would be a good case to trade pick 1 for 2 & 3.
Can people please stop posting trades that involve 1 for 2 and 3?

Absolute pure fantasy this is going to happen.

So from what I understand North could end up with picks 2&3? If so there would be a good case to trade pick 1 for 2 & 3.
No there's not. This is so dumb to even mention. North in no way will except pick 1 for pick 2&3. Get that out of your head.

First North don't want Reid if they did they would of dropped the match against GC and it be done. They want Curtin and probally McKercher.

There is no world were we can entertain North for a trade of there pick 2&3.
North know what they want and got it by beating GC

Norf will be content with McKercher Curtin and Sanders. Why would they entertain trading up for Reid?

Norf will be content with McKercher Curtin and Sanders. Why would they entertain trading up for Reid?
Don't think AFL will give them Sanders.
That game on the weekend shows that they are almost there.
Will be pick 2 and pick 3 for compo.

Sanders is like the AFL handing out a top draft pick for absolutely no reason. Priority picks are not gareenteed and never should be. Clubs only get them when a club is in desperate need. North are not in desperate need and the match on the weekend against Gold Coast only proves it. They won by quite a bit too. AFL would of took notice.

Sanders is like the AFL handing out a top draft pick for absolutely no reason. Priority picks are not gareenteed and never should be. Clubs only get them when a club is in desperate need. North are not in desperate need and the match on the weekend against Gold Coast only proves it. They won by quite a bit too. AFL would of took notice.
I dont think they should either.
But who knows what the AFL pull out of a hat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last year's compensation to the Roos was so underwhelming that to me the AFL has shown they are very reluctant to provide compensation. With an 18 team comp, if it sets a generous compensation precedent, it will have to give out all manner of draft picks in most years.

I just get the feeling they won't get pick 3 for McKay, it will be a Band 2 compo. Pick 3 for a below average player has all the wrong optics.

And at most Norf will be allowed to match a bid for Sanders and not be allowed to preselect him.

The Norf fans will melt harder than this board did when we beat the Bulldogs.

Brodie is 25, I was generous because Freo doesn't have as many U25 as us so was hard to fill it. Treacy is 21. Bit too early IMO as a KPF to say he can only be a role player. He would be our second best KPF prospect imo.
Agree with your assessment. Treacy is only six months older than Culley - WC fans will write off any Freo player who isn’t an outright superstar.

If NM get #3 for McKay then I agree. If they don't then there is a possibility given they may assume WC will take Curtin.

If Melbourne's interest in Reid is correct, then I think they're the biggest player for Reid. They already have pick 5 & I reckon they're going to need another one in the top 3 to get WC's interest. Can't see NM giving up their only pick unless it was someone like Petracca involved which won't happen, so it would have to be contingent on NM getting #3 as well.

Who would Melbourne have & offer up that NM would accept for #3?
Would #3 & #6 be an acceptable return for WC to hand over #1.
What would happen if Melbourne could also conjure up GC's 1st rounder. Would WC take 3,5 & 6 for 1 & 19?

Last edited:
Starting to be open to trading 1 for 2 top 10 picks after last night.I think we really need a Key Back to develop after Walker and Curnow kicked bags against us both times.

If we did,I'd prefer a Curtin/McKercher combo,if not then maybe Mckercher/O'Sullivan.

Have no faith in Hedwards to even be decent,and Bazzo I see as more a 3rd tall down back.

Can people please stop posting trades that involve 1 for 2 and 3?

Absolute pure fantasy this is going to happen.
Flip side a trade that doesn't involve a top four pick is absolute fantasy.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Last years draft was s**t.
Id take probably 5 players before any from last year
Nah. There were double the number of top end midfielders in that draft to this one.

This draft has a glut of tall prospects but good luck differentiating between one athletic tall and another.

Last edited:
Starting to be open to trading 1 for 2 top 10 picks after last night.I think we really need a Key Back to develop after Walker and Curnow kicked bags against us both times.

If we did,I'd prefer a Curtin/McKercher combo,if not then maybe Mckercher/O'Sullivan.

Have no faith in Hedwards to even be decent,and Bazzo I see as more a 3rd tall down back.
Slim McGovern prolonging his career isn't the ideal matchup for Tex.

& Curtin isn't that lockdown type either.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back