List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:

We'd all take JVR let's not kid ourselves.

But Harley is clearly worth keeping no.1

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Take JVR if his cheap but wouldn't trade pick 1 for him

Personally I don't see anything much in him yet to warrant it. How long has he got left on his contract just for curiosity. Rather we got in his ear just before it expires. By then Melbourne probably be on the way down and we will be on the way up. Be a no brainer for him to jump a sinking ship in a few years.

Has trade radio started ?
bh187-dc.gif

JVR is a good young player, saying otherwise is absurd. Even if he doesn't take the mark he is at least competing consistently and giving the crumbers a chance to clean up. He's shown plenty for his age and experience.

That being said I don't see the need for eagles to waste valuable resources on him. Also Melbourne fwd line is thier Achilles heel so highly doubt they have any intention to part with him.

Melb media and BF alike are only bringing him up because of WA ties, it's lazy speculation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets assume we are taking HR with pick 1.
Everything in theory is "for sale" if the price is high enough. Lets just assume nobody is going to offer 3 first round picks for one player, and not ones that are within the top 10.

On another note, clubs are waaaay too keen to give up their Future 1st. I can guarantee you next year around this time we'd be very happy we didnt give away our 1st pick (likely to be top 3) for somebody that is 3-5 this year. Without even knowing anything about that draft, there will be a standout or a breakout draftee around this time next year.

Would you give up our first pick this year (HR) for Aaron Cadman or even Sheezel / Wardlaw from last year?

Fans / Clubs are always too biased towards this years draft compared to next years.

Anyone have particularly strong thoughts on pick 19 players assuming we keep it? Hardeman and DeMattia (perhaps reaching) at the top of my list and Windsor if available. Tholstrup and Schoenmaker could be a good fit too.

1. Windsor
2. Tholstrup
3. Schoenmaker
4. De Mattia
5. Roberts

Would probably be my top 5 for pick 19 right now, obviously I’m assuming guys like Wilson and Murphy etc. won’t slide.

Maric is a VERY smart footballer. Considering he has such a small sample to critique I’d say the only criticism I have is that he’s a bit soft/lazy / slack. He’s got all the goods needed to be elite; height, marking,superb handball,goal sense, kicking, I’d just like to see a bit of venom in his chasing/tackling! Not just in games we go all out in; but in his every day approach! Culley is in a similar position,; tougher, as good as mark; but I don’t think he has the footy smarts of Maric! Waterman’s best is very good but he needs to play at 90%+ every game or he’s just a list clogger. If we could get a good trade for him I’d take it.He’s never going to get to elite level. Occasionally he’ll kill it but not consistently. Too much of a gap between his best and worst.
Three similar players. All bringing something similar to the table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back