List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster****
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:
like being short sighted with one player in mind and overlooking others in the process (see Sheed and P.Cripps as an example)
I dont mind them backing in their draft board but we never maximise the opportunity. We traded down two spots for Ports future second. That tells me that trading 12 for 2 picks 20-30 wouldn’t have been too far off and we would have still got our man. Then we could have packaged 31 and 36 to get another mid 20s pick and we’d be laughing. Rawlings was quite good at this but since he left we’ve reverted back to our old one dimensional ways.

I don’t know if they didn’t try something like this but from the outside it seems that we have a player in mind and just pick him, regardless of what number we have. We need to play the game a bit more and find some value (because we certainly know how to trade it away)

Ignoring Clark for multiple years then have him snub us and not nominate for this years mid season draft so we didn't get a free swing at him at the age of 24...

Only for us to reach for him in the national draft with actual picks of value would be peak Eagles.

I sincerely hope that does not happen. Last pick only please. If we miss him, big deal. Get Rogers instead.

It's not like he's a special talent. He's state football quality midfield depth. Add him sure, but not with one of our second round picks.

Jesus, that'd be a disaster.
I was just about to write what's the bet we use 29 on Clark.

Ignoring Clark for multiple years then have him snub us and not nominate for this years mid season draft so we didn't get a free swing at him at the age of 24...

Only for us to reach for him in the national draft with actual picks of value would be peak Eagles.

I sincerely hope that does not happen. Last pick only please. If we miss him, big deal. Get Rogers instead.

It's not like he's a special talent. He's state football quality midfield depth. Add him sure, but not with one of our second round picks.

Jesus, that'd be a disaster.

DS you know Clark with 29 is a lock, very West coast move. ignore the young upcoming talent and pick up a state league player that would more then likely be there at 54 or even rookie pick.

Pour a Daiquiri, slip on something comfortable and try enjoy the melts.
I’ve personally recovered from last night and am ready to be hurt again!!!!

DS you know Clark with 29 is a lock, very West coast move. ignore the young upcoming talent and pick up a state league player that would more then likely be there at 54 or even rookie pick.

Pour a Daiquiri, slip on something comfortable and try enjoy the melts.
I’ve personally recovered from last night and am ready to be hurt again!!!!
No Eagles will pick up someone we haven't even considered like they do every second round in the draft .............

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo get Johnno, Erasmus AND Amiss.

Courtesy of fold Coast giving them a random draft pick along with Will Brodie.

What a nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back