List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster****
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:
I am not reading it that way. Gross disappointment we did not address our Achilles Heel. Chesser will be good. When we did the mock WCE draft, I took him at 24 for Geelong and was very happy to do so. I am not hearing delisting calls, I am hearing regret calls.

Just the poster I quoted.

(Just realized you’ve probably got him on ignore)

Okay I had to go to work immediately after our pick so I’ve had time to calm down.

But I am still ******* livid.

Why is our club so happy to plod along patting themselves on the back without addressing our single biggest need for god knows how long? How often do we get absolutely pantsed in the midfield? How old is our current midfield?

My left testicle has more sense than ROB because even it can see we are crying out for top line midfield talent. We finally get an opportunity to draft a genuine top midfielder and what do we do? Take a low production, low tackling, poor contested ball playing HBF.

It is incredibly hard to get excited for 2022 or even the rest of the draft when I know that good old ROB will always be bringing his limp dick to the table to actively avoid any type of top young mid.

The only way I can see this making any sort of sense is if we actually play SPS in the centre where he belongs. But no I expect he will sit on the HFF for 11 possessions a game. Lord I hope rookie listed 0 gamer Zane Trew is the next Chris Judd.

rant over.

Eat my arse ROB.

If only they'd listened to you when you first made this point years ago.

How about instead of drafting Oscar Allen to become a midfielder eventually we just draft a midfielder

Following the missed Kelly pick and then selling the farm for him later, what is our chances of giving Freo next year's 1st round & two 2nd rounders for pick 21 so we can draft Johnson?

Wow that is a massive win to Freo.

So 2 second rounders + Next years first to draft Johnson? that is selling the farm.

Following the missed Kelly pick and then selling the farm for him later, what is our chances of giving Freo next year's 1st round & two 2nd rounders for pick 21 so we can draft Johnson?
You don't think that if we valued him that highly we wouldn't have used pick 14? I doubt we chase pick 21 adn I doubt even more that we would get it but if we did it would be for Goater rather than MJ.

I think if we rated Johnson that highly we’d have picked him.

Wow that is a massive win to Freo.

So 2 second rounders + Next years first to draft Johnson? that is selling the farm.

I think if we rated Johnson that highly we’d have picked him.

I was being sarcastic/tongue in cheek.

Just suggesting that I wouldn't put us past doing it. That would generate some melts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't seem like we will be moving up. I reckon Dockers will trade their pick to Geelong and Geelong will use it to draft a ruck before the Roos do. Dockers will still probably get 1 of Goater or Johnson and receive something in return. Annoying as

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pretty sure I read that he only watched video of him and never saw him live, hence the rating. Can't rate someone you don't get an opportunity to watch I guess.
Further to this, a couple of the other posters who are generally very knowledgeable and arguably hit more with their phantoms than KM jumped at what he said to disagree (think it was Dave and PM or Chris or something)

I feel like if Matty Roberts is there we'll take him for sure. We absolutely love a highly rated junior that has slid in the eyes of other clubs come draft time.

Would we do next years first and 31 for Freo's pick today and next year's second rounder? Would Freo do it?

I don't think we see MJ as warranting trading out of the first round of next year, even if it's to the 20's. Next year's first on it's own would be enough to land 21 today and a future second - but I still wouldn't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back