doggies

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Toorak
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Old Xavs FC
i would love to see cooney match up on judd this week, and i honestly think that it is a logical match up.
i cant think of anyone else in our side that could match judd for pace, except for mcmahon but he is not in the same class to go with him imo.
it could only help to develop cooney further...

what is everyone elses thoughts?
do you think it will happen?
do you want it to happen to see how he goes against the leagues best?

they'll probably try and tag him, he seems to be getting a lot more attention now, making it hard for him to get clear. Just something he'll have to learn to deal with, and not let it get him down. He has the pace like judd to get away from them.

Going to be hard for us to match up on their midfield, thankfully they have a ordinary forward line and i don't think matera is on fire atm. Gives us a chance.

Cyberdoggie said:
they'll probably try and tag him, he seems to be getting a lot more attention now, making it hard for him to get clear. Just something he'll have to learn to deal with, and not let it get him down. He has the pace like judd to get away from them.

Going to be hard for us to match up on their midfield, thankfully they have a ordinary forward line and i don't think matera is on fire atm. Gives us a chance.
yeh matera always seems to kill us though, just like richo always seems to aswell.

Won't happen unless Eade is in "experimental" mode.

Fletcher v West

Kerr v McMahon

Judd v Cross

Matera v Birss

This game has the potential to be a blow out. Might require the tsunami defence.

Yeah i think cross will tag judd. i think cooney should be played the way he has been, terrific he has been, also i think robert murphy could go well on judd or fletcher?

SCRAY72 said:
Won't happen unless Eade is in "experimental" mode.

Fletcher v West

Kerr v McMahon

Judd v Cross

Matera v Birss

This game has the potential to be a blow out. Might require the tsunami defence.
cross doesnt have the pace. might aswell put street on him

Lucky Star said:
I thought he was absolutely wasted playing out of the goalsquare for large parts of the game against Richmond.

possibly, but we had nothing up forward . Not a thing. We had the richmond midfield covered well enough. He did drop a few chances up forward.

doggies said:

Cross has proven in the past he can run with and tag decently for long periods against the big boys of the league. No reason why he couldn't run with Judd for large periods of the day.

Scray - What about Eagle running with Judd?

Sporty Spice said:
Cross has proven in the past he can run with and tag decently for long periods against the big boys of the league. No reason why he couldn't run with Judd for large periods of the day.

eagleton woould be a great idea i think he would be able to, even pout mitch hahn or matty boyd to stirr him up hit him with a few hard bumps then chuck cross murphy or eagleton on him great idea, i also seen someone name robbo, he could be allright aswell??? noticied he kicked 5 for weribee is it time for selection?

Sporty Spice said:

Good get Sporty, you have potential as an assistant coach. Eagleton has been elevated to leadership group so he should be given tough assignments.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SCRAY72 said:
Good get Sporty, you have potential as an assistant coach. Eagleton has been elevated to leadership group so he should be given tough assignments.

:)

Have missed your input on this board mate - hope nothing serious has kept you away and that you'll frequent here a bit more.

doggies said:

true, cross is more likely to go with cousins (is he playing?)
mcmahon might even be an option or danny g for judd, who knows,
this is where eade is gonna earn his bucks.

i'd expect it to be a reasonable high scoring game, but i don't think
there will be a blowout. We don't usually get towellings, we usually get
a few consolation goals near the end

Sporty Spice said:
:)

Have missed your input on this board mate - hope nothing serious has kept you away and that you'll frequent here a bit more.

Just been busy,hope to get on more often from now on and have more positive things to say. Thanks.

SCRAY72 said:
No one in our team has the pace. We need a disciplined fit player to watch him at the stoppages and run all day.
cooney and mcmahon are as quick. cross is a snail compared to judd.

I'd give McMahon the first crack, has the pace and has started to develop his defensive game this year.

Cyberdoggie said:
true, cross is more likely to go with cousins (is he playing?)
mcmahon might even be an option or danny g for judd, who knows,
this is where eade is gonna earn his bucks.

i'd expect it to be a reasonable high scoring game, but i don't think
there will be a blowout. We don't usually get towellings, we usually get
a few consolation goals near the end
yeh i think cousins is playing.

i would make it:

west vs fletcher
murphy vs cousins
cooney vs judd
cross vs kerr

if we are going to lose like everyone thinks we are, i can't see why we shouldnt give the experience of playing on judd to cooney. and if griffen or ray plays, give them a go on judd for 5 or 10 minutes.

and cyberdoggie, i think eade might bring on the megaflood so it might be low scoring so we have a bit of confidence going in to the next week. its easier said than done though, especially on subiaco.

doggies said:
cooney and mcmahon are as quick. cross is a snail compared to judd.

McMahon and Cooney would not be accountable enough regardless of how quick they are against Judd. Eade will have to sacrifice a couple of players to put a stop to Judd and maybe another West Coast star midfielder. He won't be able to tag all of them.
Anyway the Dogs midfield couldn't dominate against the Richmond midfield (without Kane Johnson) so I am expecting a pants down result in Perth.

After this game the midfield will be up against Ricciuto,Edwards,McLeod and Goodwin in round 5.

Eade said 2005 is a water shed year where he will find out who has got what it takes. Next 2 weeks will be interesting after losing a game many had pencilled in as a possible win.

SCRAY72 said:
McMahon and Cooney would not be accountable enough regardless of how quick they are against Judd.
very true. but if someone has the speed to run off judd, would that make judd more accountable and not as attacking?

doggies said:
very true. but if someone has the speed to run off judd, would that make judd more accountable and not as attacking?

Then they're not really being tagged then are they. That's just a typical man on man match up where both midfielders are trying to get the ball as much as possible.

If we let Judd do that, they will come out on top because they have a better forward line structure than we do.

stefoid said:
possibly, but we had nothing up forward . Not a thing. We had the richmond midfield covered well enough. He did drop a few chances up forward.

I know what you mean but I would have swapped Faulkner and Cooney. Perhaps the set up was part of Rocket's short term pain / long term gain philosophy?

We actually play subiaco better than most grounds.The wide open spaces mean we will always get enough of the ball forward and really gives us a chance on most occasions.I think it is the ground that we play best despite two average showing there last year.It is the longest ground in the league though so it will make it hard to get numbers back.

Tend to agree that Cross is more likely to go to Cousins with West and Fletcher to go at it again.

Also agree that we should play an attacking player on Judd.We dont really have anyone capable of tagging him effectively.

Other match ups IMO should be

Hargrave vs Matera-He did a good job last time and also did well on Davey.He is a better option than Mcmahon IMO aswell as Birss.On such a massive ground we need both of them running hard for us.

One of the rucks need to come in to allow Darcy to push forward more often because without Harris it means Grant and Rawlings will have to play down back to negate West Coasts growing cast of talls.Morgan may also be needed because the coasters have alot of options and with Hargy on Matera we will be short of options for the third tall position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cooney vs Judd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back