Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - Stage 4 Restrictions in Place in Vic - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part Three.

Part One can be found here -

Part Two can be found here -

Part 4 can be found here:

Australian stats page:

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you implying?
That a combination of horrific social practises, laws based on pseudo science and cultural wars which reigned from between 1200AC to even today have caused systemic barriers for non whites to have a much bigger barrier in obtaining wealth, equity in a capitalistic society. Where a small % of people in first world countries have suffered.Not your fault.but to ignore it is ignorant and to ignore it is more of a political statement to raise the issue.

The patting themselves on the back will be nauseating - the AFL, channel 7, media circle jerk over it.
Exactly. They revel on occasions like this. Great opportunity to parade their “wokeness”, and what sensitive and caring individuals they are. Akin to the virtue signalling, mega rich, white Hollywood elite who like to lecture us on equality of man and climate change. All whilst living in their $60 million dollar mansions and flying between engagements in their private jets.

When was the last time an Australian police officer knelt on a person's neck thus killing leading to their death ?
Is that the pass mark for racism? Could there be other things that happen which are considered racism?

That a combination of horrific social practises, laws based on pseudo science and cultural wars which reigned from between 1200AC to even today have caused systemic barriers for non whites to have a much bigger barrier in obtaining wealth, equity in a capitalistic society. Where a small % of people in first world countries have suffered.Not your fault.but to ignore it is ignorant and to ignore it is more of a political statement to raise the issue.

you really should have spent more time enjoying life ......

Don’t know why everyone isn’t supporting it.

I for one look forward to waking up tomorrow in a world where racism has finally been defeated.
It is probably the link between taking a knee and defeating racism, not everybody these days has seen Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

I assume that before the clubs, the players, the AFLPA and the AFL decided to ‘bend the knee’ in support of the BLM Movement they researched exactly what it was they were supporting.

The BLM website and the BLM UK Gofundme page make for very interesting reading. Among the objectives they note include dismantling capitalism, disrupting the western prescribed family structure and defunding the police.

It is for each person to decide if they support those objectives, I certainly don’t, but people should at least be clear on what they are supporting before shouting slogans or bending the knee.

It would be very interesting if someone in the media were to ask the clubs, players etc why they support a movement with those stated objectives.

The BLM Movement is not just about saving black lives, it has far more problematic objectives than just that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That a combination of horrific social practises, laws based on pseudo science and cultural wars which reigned from between 1200AC to even today have caused systemic barriers for non whites to have a much bigger barrier in obtaining wealth, equity in a capitalistic society.
I’m sure that’s exactly what the Collingwood and Richmond players were thinking when they came up with this idea mate, spot on.

I’m not going to try and discredit what you’ve said because, frankly, it’s beyond me.

I don’t think BLM is a cause worth supporting. I don’t think we should be encouraging the involvement of divisive politics into football, which is supposed to bring us together.

I assume that before the clubs, the players, the AFLPA and the AFL decided to ‘bend the knee’ in support of the BLM Movement they researched exactly what it was they were supporting.

The BLM website and the BLM UK Gofundme page make for very interesting reading. Among the objectives they note include dismantling capitalism, disrupting the western prescribed family structure and defunding the police.

It is for each person to decide if they support those objectives, I certainly don’t, but people should at least be clear on what they are supporting before shouting slogans or bending the knee.

It would be very interesting if someone in the media were to ask the clubs, players etc why they support a movement with those stated objectives.

The BLM Movement is not just about saving black lives, it has far more problematic objectives than just that.
They are the Extinction Rebellion race version, instead of climate.

fat chance of that happening, the AFL might just decide to revoke the old media pass ......

The AFL are part of woke Victoriastan

What would you do to solve the issue?
On a salary of 500m PA i would
Admit there are issues Scomo just said we Never had slavery in Australia. Thats a lie. Whites camr here shackled and used for free labor. Sounds like slavery? Stricter control of alcohol sales and a system which doesnt punish vendors yet funnels moneyback into substance detox then indexed revenue . Alcohol syndrome is not a black/white issue but effects the poor much more then the wealthy and needs to be at the forefront of a lot of attention as it ruins lives before they even have a chance. More dedicated outlets for sport in regional and remote communities as an outlet and identifying kids with potential.

Dedicated and what people call quotas for training/education for 5/10 years for a circuit breaker for kids who are talented bur just dont the chance.

Funding for police but strictly for education and training. A nurse goes to university for 3 years. Police are trained for 6 months for an often horrific job that is.mentally more taxing then people admit. But departments separate from them to oversee and be more transparent with complaints.

Utterly pathetic.
The poor players are being used as pawns by some cultural and diversity officer at the AFL who thinks its a good idea.
All the reporting states it was a player led initiative...

Don't know why people are surprised by this. Australian athletes have been using their platform, or podium as it were, to support American-led protests against racism since... well, 1968 at the very latest.

Cost him dearly too:

John_Carlos%2C_Tommie_Smith%2C_Peter_Norman_1968cr.jpg

https://edition.cnn.com/2012/04/24/sport/olympics-norman-black-power/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back