Corp to Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

A very reliable source of mine from within tigerland has let slip to me the following information. That Nick Corp who this year played and apparently dominated CHF for the Wesley first team is set to be drafted with one of their late picks. Apparently standing over 193 cm and weighing 96 kg with dreadlocks, known as "The Monster Man" the mobile forward is set to be picked up in the up comming draft.

As a north fan i hope we snatch him up before the tigers.

any thoughts?

Hi Nick, Richmond supporter are you?

Heard this rumour too.

I play at Geelong College at CHF and he absolutely ****ing killed us. Wouldn't be surprised at all.

Corp, Rioli, Henderson and Simon Hall are the best chances in the APS in my opinion.

I heard he was going to Bulldogs. They are crying out for a key fwd and he fits the build superbly.

Nick Silk would also be unlucky not to be drafted.

Did he play a game in the TAC cup/VFL?

If he didn't he's not eligible.

Freo tried to hide McPharlane but had to have him play 1 game for East Freo and Hawthorn swooped.

How is someone ineligible?

Players only have to nominate for the draft don't they?

How is someone ineligible?

Players only have to nominate for the draft don't they?

No you have to have played at least one game within certain competitions outlined by the AFL. It's to try to stop teams finding good players young and then hiding them away in low level competitions that noone is likely to be watching.

To cover a few bases:

1. Best ex-Wesley player, I nominate Allan McKellar Rich/Syd late 80's, early 90's.

2. The kid's 17 or 18 and he's doing a 16 year old? Good luck to him.

3. I believe the APS is a recognised comp by the AFL re drafting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Player can be drafted if he's been registered with any recognised school or club competition. That's according to the draft eligibility document. He just has to be over 18 by April 30 the year after the draft.
He has to have been registered in the competition he's playing in from before June 1 of that year, so you can't drop a bloke in for a match or two, to try and hide him. He has to be there for pretty much a whole season in the comp he's playing in.
If he's played a whole season, he can be drafted.
A couple of clubs have plucked blokes from different areas in recent years, ST Kilda being an example when it took Justin Sweeney in the 70s at the 2005 Draft.

Did he play a game in the TAC cup/VFL?

If he didn't he's not eligible.

Freo tried to hide McPharlane but had to have him play 1 game for East Freo and Hawthorn swooped.

Im pretty sure thats just an WAFL rule.

It was designed to protect the WAFL from losing good young players straight to West Coast and the AFL.

Im pretty sure thats just an WAFL rule.

It was designed to protect the WAFL from losing good young players straight to West Coast and the AFL.

I think it's also the same with the SANFL. I remember Rusling playing school footy all year but he had to play a game for a SANFL club to qualify. I think in the end he played half a game for the West Adelaide reserves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Corp to Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back