Could the REAL Saints supporters please stand up?

Remove this Banner Ad

the emergency

Club Legend
Suspended
Jan 30, 2010
Funkytown
AFL Club
St Kilda
It's moments like these, situations such as this that personify the mettle, the strength, and most of all, the loyalty of a football club.
As we all prepare for the massive influx of I-never-looked-or-spoke-like-I-followed-footy-but-I'm-actually-a-Collingwood-fan! fans (more commonly known as bandwagoners) stomping and cheering like idiots, which we all know was an inevitability (and would've happened to our club if we happened to snag the flag), we must question many things about our faith within this football club.

We must consider if we are willing to ride out this trough, whether we are willing to be disconsolate as a result of our pride for supporting this football club. Whether we are willing to cheer for and love this team, rain, hail or shine, good form or bad, winning or losing. This is a true test of our character. This is the time when we see who those of you are who are willing to stand up and shout out "****ING OATH I SUPPORT ST. KILDA"

And it is that select group of supporters who make up the spine of a football club. That select group who help their fellow Sainters through this time of disconsolate disappointment.

We shouldn't make scapegoats about this grand final, we shouldn't wail and scream over Kosi or Peake or McQualter or Eddy or any individual's performance, because we are a team. We win as a team and we lose as a team, which applies to both supporters and players alike.

Sainters, this is where the true supporters begin to shine, as those bit-part supporters (we all know at least one!) begin to drop off like houseflies caught in the midst of a Mortein attack.

If you're not willing to ride out the lonely, disconsolate anguish of the lows of this football club, then God knows, you don't deserve to enjoy the highs.

The world hasn't imploded for us yet, theres a season next year, and another after that and another after that. We need to keep the faith, we need to stay strong, and when the ball bounces in Round 1, 2011, we should stand up, cheer, and believe with all our hearts that it is our year.

It is moments like this when the real Saints supporters stand up.

Not what I'd call REAL supporters, but some are busy creating threads bagging our captain on the main board.

• Banned
and if those "supporters" aren't willing to appreciate the work, dedication and commitment that Nick Riewoldt has done for this club, then they are ****ing idiots. Simple as that

Well then OP, ****ING OATH I SUPPORT ST. KILDA. We WILL take this as a lesson and experience for our next chance in 2011, because by God, we are not finished.....NOT BY A LONG SHOT.

and if those "supporters" aren't willing to appreciate the work, dedication and commitment that Nick Riewoldt has done for this club, then they are ****ing idiots. Simple as that

Riewoldt played the worst game ive seen him play for about 2 years yesterday, but I wasnt disappointed with him nearly as much I was disappointed for him. Premiership captain would have cemented his place as the greatest St.Kilda player ever, but alas it was not meant to be..

Dont get me wrong, I'm thankful everyday for having him at our club, and I do appreciate all the work he has done for us, but im just unsure if we can reboot and go again next year...

Riewoldt played the worst game ive seen him play for about 2 years yesterday, but I wasnt disappointed with him nearly as much I was disappointed for him. Premiership captain would have cemented his place as the greatest St.Kilda player ever, but alas it was not meant to be..

Dont get me wrong, I'm thankful everyday for having him at our club, and I do appreciate all the work he has done for us, but im just unsure if we can reboot and go again next year...

I think Riewoldt was subpar, but we only had 39 inside 50's, he was the ONLY guy we were kicking it to, he was getting piss-poor delivery and he was being triple teamed at every single contest.

If the entire forward line is on song, it means that defenders have to spread in order to mark up each and every one of our forwards, if it's not (which it wasn't), it means there's less pressure to mark other forwards, which means defenders can focus on shutting down Roo

Gone through the whole range of emotions in the last few hours, depression, anger, denial etc.

At the end of the day I'm still a nailed on Saints supporter, been through so many highs and lows so I'm not about to jump off now. It's all a part of the journey of being a Saints fan, never a dull ride.

Today was a bad day but we've been through worse and come out the other side. Keep the faith, stick together and we will be rewarded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was chatting to this girl (Saints Supporter) today who said she decided she would get 'Fortius Quo Fidelius' tattoo'd on her if St Kilda won the Grand Final today. She said to me that now St Kilda had lost it felt even more apt and appropriate to get it done.

I couldn't help but agree with her. This is the time to show that you still support the Saints. Go Saints!

As a real Saints fan, you would all almost expect this to happen ...

Sorry, Im not being sarcastic at all. But after supporting them for 30 + years you have that little voice in the back of your head going ... "Oh f^&K. here we go again .... "

My brother said to me last ween when we drew that this might be as close as I may get to a Saints flag ... I think he may be right lol

As for anyone bagging Riewoldt .. Get out there and do a better job yourself or piss off. The man is a legend already of the club and will be leading us for the next 5 - 8 years. He is an inspiration to the club and supporters.

I was too young in 1966 but I was there in 1971 when Bob Keddie destroyed our dream. I waited 26 years to see Jarman do it and then another 12 for chappy and the toe poke. Yesterday was the worst because we played so badly all day.

I love footy and I love the Saints but I'm pretty pissed off with some players.

If we are going to win a flag then I think now is the time for Ross to be very tough.

I would love to see Brendon Goddard as Captain.

my wife and i , got to sit among the saints cheer sqaud yesterday.i can not speak more highly of the people we met.thank you guys, you were fantastic.

I was chatting to this girl (Saints Supporter) today who said she decided she would get 'Fortius Quo Fidelius' tattoo'd on her if St Kilda won the Grand Final today. She said to me that now St Kilda had lost it felt even more apt and appropriate to get it done.

I couldn't help but agree with her. This is the time to show that you still support the Saints. Go Saints!
was along the lines of when we won our first spoon. While most dropped off I had the CFC put proudly on my shoulder and became a volunteer for the club. Will ride the train to the promised land.
Have faith Saints fans. It will make the final rewards all the better

We lost another GF, but were still here and the players are still here and the coach is still here. We have a wonderful coach and he evolusionised the new game and he will re-evolusionise the new game again FRONTAL PUSH MARK 3.

Yesterday we lost a Grand Final. Today we start season 2011. GO SAINTS!!!! WE CAN DO IT!

It's moments like these, situations such as this that personify the mettle, the strength, and most of all, the loyalty of a football club.
As we all prepare for the massive influx of I-never-looked-or-spoke-like-I-followed-footy-but-I'm-actually-a-Collingwood-fan! fans (more commonly known as bandwagoners) stomping and cheering like idiots, which we all know was an inevitability (and would've happened to our club if we happened to snag the flag), we must question many things about our faith within this football club.

We must consider if we are willing to ride out this trough, whether we are willing to be disconsolate as a result of our pride for supporting this football club. Whether we are willing to cheer for and love this team, rain, hail or shine, good form or bad, winning or losing. This is a true test of our character. This is the time when we see who those of you are who are willing to stand up and shout out "****ING OATH I SUPPORT ST. KILDA"

And it is that select group of supporters who make up the spine of a football club. That select group who help their fellow Sainters through this time of disconsolate disappointment.

We shouldn't make scapegoats about this grand final, we shouldn't wail and scream over Kosi or Peake or McQualter or Eddy or any individual's performance, because we are a team. We win as a team and we lose as a team, which applies to both supporters and players alike.

Sainters, this is where the true supporters begin to shine, as those bit-part supporters (we all know at least one!) begin to drop off like houseflies caught in the midst of a Mortein attack.

If you're not willing to ride out the lonely, disconsolate anguish of the lows of this football club, then God knows, you don't deserve to enjoy the highs.

The world hasn't imploded for us yet, theres a season next year, and another after that and another after that. We need to keep the faith, we need to stay strong, and when the ball bounces in Round 1, 2011, we should stand up, cheer, and believe with all our hearts that it is our year.

It is moments like this when the real Saints supporters stand up.

Yeah. Again:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Could the REAL Saints supporters please stand up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back