Rumour Cousins To Walk Away

Remove this Banner Ad

Im now starting to change my mind and think he will be offered another year. As Caro said, if he can come to terms with the probability of having to spend time at Coburg, then i see no reason why he wont be offered and take one.

The way the AFL, Benny Gale and Dimma have come out and strongly supported Cuz and the Doco, and the fact he is in very good form and will be in our top 10 in the B&F and his body appears to be in top nick, it should be just a formality.

Boomer Harvey is six weeks older and i havnt heard anyone saying he shouldnt go on because he is taking the spot of one of their kids.

Ok Caro. Why do you hate Ben so much? When up and running he is one of our best midfielders. While yes technically he should be moved on due to age, he his still a very good footballer and the benefits of keeping him far outweigh the negatives (i.e. mentoring of players). A prime example was the Adelaide game where he was giving Dustin Martin some wise words along the boundary while they were having a break and then they both came on and dominated... helping seal the game. That is only one, out of countless examples of his mentoring abilities.

Even though I want him to go on.... I dont think the club want the extra media attention for another season. He is averaging career high disposals I might add as well. Our Midfield is too young and raw still to handle him not there I dont think.... It might be able to for a few weeks, but for a whole season they need that mature body of his to be a battering ram.
This is such your classic case of believing what you want to believe when it comes to Cuz. I just can't believe how overawed people are by him even now.

This is such your classic case of believing what you want to believe when it comes to Cuz. I just can't believe how overawed people are by him even now.
Well while you're busy pyscho-analysing everyone, how about doing yourself for a change, because it's been pretty obvious to me that your mind was made up about Cousins from before he even kicked a ball for Richmond and ever since, every post you've made in relation to him has been as agenda driven and biased against him as anything Caro's ever written.:thumbsdown:

Well while you're busy pyscho-analysing everyone, how about doing yourself for a change, because it's been pretty obvious to me that your mind was made up about Cousins from before he even kicked a ball for Richmond and ever since, every post you've made in relation to him has been as agenda driven and biased against him as anything Caro's ever written.:thumbsdown:
Yeah I agree that I wasn't keen on getting him here in the first place and maybe I'm a little biased because of that, but just because I'm not biased in the same way most other people are doesn't make me "agenda driven." For what it's worth I haven't made up my mind about what we should do with him next season, and I don't think I've ever explicitly said that we should definitely get rid of him. I honestly see arguments for both sides. I'm just trying to keep it real, unlike most people who are so overawed by him that they can't see reason on some issues, will believe any positive thing they hear about him and use it as "evidence," and immediately discredit anything negative written.

Boomer Harvey is six weeks older and i havnt heard anyone saying he shouldnt go on because he is taking the spot of one of their kids.

Have you seen Brent Harvey play lately? He's still elite and won't be too far off AA. Cousins is a long way behind him. Probably because Harvey hasn't lost his speed or kicking ability.

Have you seen Brent Harvey play lately? He's still elite and won't be too far off AA. Cousins is a long way behind him. Probably because Harvey hasn't lost his speed or kicking ability.
I agree, but Cousins contributions are not that far off Harvey. Hardwick went public regarding Cuzes lack of kicking penatration for a reason i reckon. Their was never one year at the Eagles where his kick to handball ratio favored handballs, but the two years with us they have never favored kicking. If as i suspect Dimma wants him to reverse his current ways, then he will be every bit as valuable as Harvey. But if he stays handball happy then i would have no problem if he was delisted.

Wow. I would have thought there was a good reason for that.
I have to ask, do you watch much football aside from the Tigers?

Harvey is a still a genuine AFL star.
Outside of his paparazzi interest, Cousins is not.

Wow. I would have thought there was a good reason for that.
I have to ask, do you watch much football aside from the Tigers?
Harvey is a still a genuine AFL star.
Outside of his paparazzi interest, Cousins is not.

Are you even watching the Tigers Magic? He may not be in the top 25 in the league anymore, but he's clearly in our top 5.

I'd like to know that who is the mystery kid in the waiting that is going to burst on the scene as soon as Cuz is gone? Which player in our best 22 now is being held back by Cuz's selection? Just because we've seen Martin blossom as a first year player, and Nason and others show encouraging signs, are they even close to have being considered "making it" yet? Nahas, Polo, even King with his improvement getting games? Please.

So bereft of any talent we have been for years, you can understand the vast majority of the supporter base wanting to cling on for one last spin around the dancefloor.

Harvey has better players around him . Cousins still uses the ball better then harvey but would be happy to have either in my team right now.

Harvey has better players around him . Cousins still uses the ball better then harvey but would be happy to have either in my team right now.

not even close
harvey's still a matchwinner. his speed and kicking are his greatest attributes.

what made cousins a star is these same facets of his game...gut running, footskills and speed.
he's lost those now, and doesn't have the same impact on the field

one more year, one more spot on the list, to keep his mentoring of the young'uns going, his maturity in the midfield, and his position as one of our best players going surely isn't too much to ask.
has to be given another contract!

and i always thought that it was a 'list management decision?' :confused:

not even close
harvey's still a matchwinner. his speed and kicking are his greatest attributes.

what made cousins a star is these same facets of his game...gut running, footskills and speed.
he's lost those now, and doesn't have the same impact on the field

but one more year, one spot on the list, to keep his mentoring of the young'uns going, his maturity in the midfield, and his position as one of our best players going surely isn't too much to ask.
has to be given another contract!

and i always thought that it was a 'list management decision?' :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tdt said the doco will be screened before the end of the home and away, and Cuzes mate Healy just said it will be on in about 10 days time. So i doubt part 1 will it replace Better Homes and Garden Friday week, and part 2 screened a few hours after we have played the Saints the following day. Way to much of a distraction for Cuz, so Sunday 22nd would be my tip.

Well i was a few days off. The date has been confirmed for Wednesday night 25th and Thursday night 26th.

Interesting thing with the massive ratings ch7 will get with this doco, will they keep it going by showing Richmond v Port on the Sunday, and by then we might know if its Cuzes last game, or show what could be a game deciding a finals position between North and the Dees.

Well i was a few days off. The date has been confirmed for Wednesday night 25th and Thursday night 26th.

Interesting thing with the massive ratings ch7 will get with this doco, will they keep it going by showing Richmond v Port on the Sunday, and by then we might know if its Cuzes last game, or show what could be a game deciding a finals position between North and the Dees.
NorthMelb v Melb is already set down for the twilight game which means Fox will show it. Our game will be on 7, but we will ALL be there at the ground for that one won't we?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Cousins To Walk Away

Remove this Banner Ad

Back