Coventry , Lockett to be replaced by Lloyd and ?? for Dons games at Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmmmm...I'm really not fussed...IMO regular changing of the names would be nice. It's not the brownlow for crying out loud. Give a player a 5-10 year stint and then change it up, save it for the absolute greats of recent eras. In 5-10 years time maybe it'll be the Riewoldt or Franklin ends.

Essendon's marketing department are pushing things too far. I like the whole setup we have for home games at Etihad where we deck out the place in red and black, with the exception of that flipping air siren, but there's no need to temporarily re-name the ends of the grounds.

If anything, Lloyd would feel insulted that the club would try to honour him after what seemed to be an acrimonious finish to his career by just hanging a banner at the end of the ground.

Poor form and I hope it doesn't go ahead.

Good post.

Pretty disgraceful.

I've never heard a commentator or any other person for that matter, refer to then ends as the Coventry and Lockett end. I go to the Dome atleast 10 times per season and i wouldn't have the faintest idea which end is the Lockett end and which is the Coventry end.

I very seldom listen to games on the radio and i guess they may use it as a reference for that but i don't think it would make much a difference. The commentators on the radio will probably say something like "Geelong are kicking to the Lockett end or Lloyd end for you Essendon supporters" during the Essendon game.

that seems to be be about most things;)

this should help
http://www.etihadstadium.com.au/site/_content/document/00000073-source.pdf

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Coventry , Lockett to be replaced by Lloyd and ?? for Dons games at Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back