Crows Chat That 'Doesnt Deserve Its Own Thread' Thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s a horrible and hard decision to make, always good to have someone slightly removed that know you and your pet well to give an opinion and advice. In hindsight I left it a bit too long to have my old German Shepherd put down. He had a great life though, we stuck together through thick and thin, lots of travels together.
I house sit for a lot of people and a lot of old dogs, I’m that person that knows the owners and their dogs well enough to give advice of when it might be time.
My little buddy is nearing his time in the next 6 months to two years, depending how he goes but it’s coming.
They’re the best of mates. 🐾🐾🐾🐾

I've had to put down loved pets and I think it adds peace with the knowledge they aren't suffering. I hate every minute of taking them to the vet for their final goodbyes and ive cried my heart out. The saddest time in my life was saying goodbye to Jaydee and Dakota. Jaydee started having seizures and Dakota couldn't walk anymore. I also lost a cat to kidney disease. But hit hits you in the feels every time. Part of the family you know.

arrowman is this you?

Weren’t you at the Sunderland show?

Haha, no, not me. For a start I've always been a "lifelong die hard fan". But yes it was a great show - as always. The rain wasn't "torrential", just drizzle. Great crowd, maybe 45-50,000, and some of the best sing-alongs ever. Maybe that's bcos English people in a football stadium. :)

Now I'm in Harrogate and going to check out a barbershop quartet comp this morning, just for something different. :)

Haha, no, not me. For a start I've always been a "lifelong die hard fan". But yes it was a great show - as always. The rain wasn't "torrential", just drizzle. Great crowd, maybe 45-50,000, and some of the best sing-alongs ever. Maybe that's bcos English people in a football stadium. :)

Now I'm in Harrogate and going to check out a barbershop quartet comp this morning, just for something different. :)
Went to a wonderful Cafe, and a very ordinary tapas place in Harrogate...

Not Crows but Sam Taylor is Dr Who.

JiDyIyy.png

Got to get back there again and get some more vintage port from the Douro Valley. Beautiful stuff.

I’m in Barolo (La Morra) right now, for a week of tasting

Ps. You can get all the major vintage ports in Australia, it’s deeply unfashionable and so availability isn’t an issue

Attachments

• IMG_4202.jpeg
    IMG_4202.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 14

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I live an hour north. in Viana do Castelo. Great place.
Viana do Castelo was the first Portuguese port we sailed into. I lived on a German yacht in Cedeira (north of La Coruna in Galicia) for a winter then sailed down the coast to Portugal, Peniche, Lisbon, Cascais, Sesimbra and then across to The Canaries, also sailed up to Madeira (one of the most stunning islands I’ve been to).
Love Spain and Portugal.

Viana do Castelo was the first Portuguese port we sailed into. I lived on a German yacht in Cedeira (north of La Coruna in Galicia) for a winter then sailed down the coast to Portugal, Peniche, Lisbon, Cascais, Sesimbra and then across to The Canaries, also sailed up to Madeira (one of the most stunning islands I’ve been to).
Love Spain and Portugal.
It's a great place. Food is awesome. The wine even better.

On CPH2371 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can we get Graham Cornes to stop writing articles about how hard done by we are?

It's cringeworthy as hell and leaves opposition supporters laughing at us.
Can we just remove all Cornes from the media...

I know many posters use FanFooty on gameday to follow stats .....one of BigFooty's posters has developed a much better user friendly site ....with a high degree of customisation

1. You can set-up info for what you want to see (under Columns)
2. You can amalgamate teams for viewing, or separate
3. You can put certain players on "watch" ....who then appear at the top of the page ....click on dots to the left of the player name

Plus plenty of other options to suit your needs ....give it a try

Power, Crows set go to war with AFL over national reserves competition, leaving SANFL​

South Australian clubs are adamant they don’t want to continue playing reserves in the SANFL as the AFL faces an impasse over a national reserves competition.

The AFL harbours reservations about implementing a national reserves competition as Port Adelaide and Adelaide go to war with the league in their desperation to quit the SANFL.
The South Australian clubs are adamant their development of AFL players is being compromised, compared with the 14 eastern seaboard clubs who compete in the VFL.

West Coast’s WAFL licence expires this season and the club has until June 30 to tell the West Australian Football Commission if it wants to retain a reserves side in 2025.

A decision was due in November and then May, but two extensions were granted because new Eagles chief executive Don Pyke wanted to assess how effective the model was for player development. The WAFC wants the Eagles to stay. The licence costs $600,000 and that shortfall would come as a big hit.

Port Adelaide’s SANFL licence expires in 2028, but the club does not want to spend another season in that competition.

Adelaide’s SANFL licence costs about $500,000 annually, which is much more than Port’s.

The Eagles ended their alignment with East Perth to field a reserves team in 2019. But their WAFL team recently endured 660 days without a win and sits bottom of the ladder with a percentage of 56.6.
Similarly, Port’s reserves is 0-7 with a percentage of 36, while the Crows percentage is 43.5.

Port Adelaide’s 16 top-up players train by themselves on Tuesday nights and only have a light captain’s run with their AFL teammates the day before they play.

The Crows and Port are angry that they cannot sign better top-up players like clubs in the VFL and routinely losing by huge margins does little for development.

Fremantle’s alignment model with Peel Thunder is a win for both clubs. Together they have won two WAFL flags, sit on top of the ladder with a percentage of 159.3 and effectively prepares Dockers to play AFL.

The Eagles have multiple options in front of them. They could keep their WAFL reserves team, split their players across a range of WAFL clubs or align with a battler like Perth.

The Eagles would consider signing Victorian top-up players to reduce travel costs if they entered the VFL.

AFL football boss Laura Kane, who attended the SANFL’s Magarey Medal last year, hinted the league was against a national reserves competition earlier this year.

“We have to make sure that we respect that (SANFL) history as we look at what the best developmental pathway is for our clubs,” Kane said.
“What does this competition need to do to support the development of their players? So no decisions on a national reserve competition, no plans to change the current structure, but absolutely an intention to make sure the players, AFL and AFLW all around the country, have the same experience and the same opportunity.”

Creating a national reserves competition would entice the best SANFL and WAFL players to join as top-up players to remain under the noses of AFL recruiters.

That scenario would prove extremely detrimental to the quality and relevance of the SANFL and WAFL.
Some Victorian club bosses also fear a national reserves competition would be diabolical for second-tier and grassroots football nationally.

A national reserves competition would restore curtain raisers before AFL matches and would ease the workload on club staff who often have to front up on two match days every weekend.

But the cost would be extreme and would likely require the AFL to organise charter flights with Virgin so clubs could travel across the country on one plane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows Chat That 'Doesnt Deserve Its Own Thread' Thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back