2nds Crows in SANFL season 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Odd to persist with him as an inside then. Would we not be better off building him into a hard running wingman type. I know he doesn't have Dmac's speed, but if he could get himself an elite engine, could he not play that role a bit like Burton did for a while. Just up and back, up and back.
I think the inside mid thing was for 2 reasons
- to make him a more rounded player by improving his contested ball which was his main weakness
- because we looked to have a lack of depth there with some of our changes like danger leaving and Brad injured

Re the kicking - it has been disappointing, doesn't mean he has lost his kicking skills . He's been encouraged to go for 'aggresssive kicks' ala Brodie Smith but think he's lost the balance a bit because sometimes the simple options are best especially when you jump a level ( JLT games )

I'm still going to say to some degree he's been mismanaged - mixed messaging etc

Of course he needs to also take some personal responsibility and improve his professionalism and response to adversity and feedback

He listed 8 who had barely played. That's more than a third just there.

You sought of read what I wrote, as you have written 3 haven't troubled the scorers on playing AFL, but then talk about another 8 that have but infact 20 have played AFL in those that were first round picks some have played more some have played less, some like Burton have received a nomination for the rising star some haven't and he has played less than 10 games

Odd to persist with him as an inside then. Would we not be better off building him into a hard running wingman type. I know he doesn't have Dmac's speed, but if he could get himself an elite engine, could he not play that role a bit like Burton did for a while. Just up and back, up and back.
I think he's finished with his inside trial and now a depth player for outside/ half back inc Laird/ Brown reserve ( more so Laird role)

1st opportunity to comment since yesterday's game, but from what I got to see, it looked like washed up AFL players (hard prepared bodies) v young fellas developing in an AFL system (except Thommo). It seems really shallow that Port Power have filled their SANFL side with good SANFL players from around the other clubs, we have one in Jono.

1st opportunity to comment since yesterday's game, but from what I got to see, it looked like washed up AFL players (hard prepared bodies) v young fellas developing in an AFL system (except Thommo). It seems really shallow that Port Power have filled their SANFL side with good SANFL players from around the other clubs, we have one in Jono.

Port had a full list to choose from , it's just right timing for them, do you think the game would have been different if Seedsman, Cheney, Kelly , knight and CEY were all available

Port had a full list to choose from , it's just right timing for them, do you think the game would have been different if Seedsman, Cheney, Kelly , knight and CEY were all available
Of course I do, those guys you mention are (mostly) AFL standard. The Port blokes have proven time and time again that they're not

One other thing, really impressed with Murphy, definitely looks a prospect

He will need to have an outstanding year to be drafted even as a rookie there a number of youngsters playing league footy for other SANFL clubs getting 20 plus possessions every week, once you miss your draft year you need to pretty much be in the best players weekly to force yourself into the AFL

It's boring to respond to his blatant rubbish. There are ample rumors of Collingwood wanting him with their next pick, plus who knows who else.
Stephen Wells mentioned they were very into him when interviewed after the draft but was a bit surprised he went that early, they thought they'd nab him later in the draft. Won't be surprised if the Cats make a play for him at some stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will Wigg and Gore survive the cut at the end of the year?

Need a clean out of our rookie list IMO. Only Jarman should still be there next year (Greenwood to be upgraded).

EDIT: rookie list will probably be abolished, but my point stands.

You sought of read what I wrote, as you have written 3 haven't troubled the scorers on playing AFL, but then talk about another 8 that have but infact 20 have played AFL in those that were first round picks some have played more some have played less, some like Burton have received a nomination for the rising star some haven't and he has played less than 10 games

People get nominations for Rising Star every year. Irrelevant.

Some players have played more, some less. Three or four have looked like stars, none have looked terrible. Only a crazy person would think you could definitively say anything about a player from that draft year yet.

Doedee is the type of player we DESPERATELY need, and he showed a lot last year. Exactly what we wanted to see. It's a shame that he's had injury issues because he would be playing for us right. Ow.

People get nominations for Rising Star every year. Irrelevant.

Some players have played more, some less. Three or four have looked like stars, none have looked terrible. Only a crazy person would think you could definitively say anything about a player from that draft year yet.

Doedee is the type of player we DESPERATELY need, and he showed a lot last year. Exactly what we wanted to see. It's a shame that he's had injury issues because he would be playing for us right. Ow.

Hahaha most would start to see the signs obviously not you

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If my memory serves Mots was able to play CHF at Sturt but was really a tall ruck rover. The prototype for the tall mids today. For his career, I'd be looking at James Hird as the type of player he would have been. But I was young, certainly much younger than fossils like macca23 and your good self.

Good to see that the alcohol hasn't totally destroyed your brain cells yet Matty .:p

I agree that James Hird would be the type of player he would have been. Would have been just as good too IMO.

One other thing, really impressed with Murphy, definitely looks a prospect
Really Impressed with Murphy as well, I've heard was very stiff not to get at least a rookie last year, a December born kid which doesn't help either and due to the fact his small, I've heard many clubs still keeping a close eye on Murphy as many clubs wanted to see if his size was capable of playing against men, and so far his shown his more than capable. i think he has a great chance to get picked up at the end of this year.

Hahaha most would start to see the signs obviously not you

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sorry - what the hell does this mean?

He played all of last year and showed exactly why he was drafted. He's injured at the moment.

The only actual signs are that he's going to be a good footballer - unless you know something about his injury that no one else knows?

Love to see one of the "big" guys played down back instead of all our tall timber forward getting in each other's way.

Eagles v Adelaide (Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval) – 2.10pm
Live video stream at digitalpass.sanfl.com.au | Live radio & scores at SANFL Website & App

ADELAIDE

Adelaide’s midfield rotation has improved with the addition of Riley Knight for the clash against the Eagles on Saturday.

Despite missing just one match with a hamstring ailment, Knight was unable to be squeezed back into the AFL line-up, ensuring he would be joined by defender Tom Doedee, midfielder Myles Poholke and development player Joey Brown in the 23-man squad.

Sam Tharaldsen was unable to be passed fit after a bout of concussion while John Boxer was omitted.

League

F: Himmelberg, Dear, Hunter

HF: Menzel, Beech, Jarman

C: Knight, Thompson, Gallucci

HB: Gore, Doedee, Murphy

B: Signorello, Hill, Poholke

R: O’Brien, Greenwood, Wigg

INT: Leigh, T. Lever, J. Brown, Wittwer, De Michele

IN: Knight, Doedee, Poholke, J. Brown

OUT: Tharaldsen (concussion), Boxer

EAGLES
The Eagles could take an unchanged line-up into Saturday’s clash with Adelaide.

Enjoying a break with the bye after defeating Sturt on Anzac Day, Michael Godden’s squad has been added to by two players.

Key defender Jake Summerton and utility Ethan Haylock have been included on the five-man extended interchange bench, which must be trimmed by two before the bounce.

League

F: McGregor, Wundke, Boyd

HF: Whittlesea, J. Hayes, N. Hayes

C: Comitogianni, Rowland, Johansen

HB: Hall, Stewart, Goldsworthy

B: Sinor, Thompson, Allmond

R: Borholm, Poole, Petrenko

INT: Lewis, Woods, Gaffney, Summerton, Haylock

IN: Summerton, Haylock

Goddamn, it still confuses me how Piper went undrafted. Has some serious pace, too.
Watching Reece Piper in the live stream today for the Stingrays seems to be playing midfield mainly, getting a bit of it and kicked a goal......Coffield and Petrucelle having big games. Coffield is definitely draftable expecting him to now move into 1st - 2nd round discussions if he wasn't already there.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Crows in SANFL season 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back