Brownlow Medallist
Sep 23, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Antonio, Redbacks
North Vs. Sturt on Saturday at Prospect on ABC TV
A Crows treat on ABC this week. For the Roosters are Phil Davis on the HBF, Nick Gill at CHB and Tony Armstrong at BP. Rory Sloane and Greg Gallman have also come into the league side, both named on an extended bench of 4, so at least one should play. Playing the lone Crow for Sturt will be rookie Brodie Martin.

Glenelg Vs. West on Saturday Arvo at Glenelg
James Sellar will hope to build on his recent form for Glenelg and will be the sole Crow in action at the Bay with Brian Donnelly
battling through a broken toe to line up at FF for the Bays reserves.

South Vs. Norwood at Norlunga on Saturday
For the Panthers Shaun McKernan will most likely be everywhere again with Myke Cook on the ball. Aaron Kite whas been named on an extended bench for the redlegs. Will Young will return from injury with the Norwood reserves.

So looks like alot of action at Prospect:thumbsu:

Getting earlier each week.

How about getting the teams before saying, "Jarrhan Hacky could be on the wing for the Eagles, or on extended bench, or maybe in the 2's".

Mostly because I think and most reasonable people seem to agree that it's better done like this each week, with the op always editable in case of gross overlooking (which is yet to occur) then ending up with the schmozzle of two weeks ago that was unreadable.

Also, has anyone's preview of the game been affected by the now increased knowledge that Aaron Kite is on an extended bench?

Mostly because I think and most reasonable people seem to agree that it's better done like this each week, with the op always editable in case of gross overlooking (which is yet to occur) then ending up with the schmozzle of two weeks ago that was unreadable.

Also, has anyone's preview of the game been affected by the now increased knowledge that Aaron Kite is on an extended bench?

Not that I'm usually too picky, but you criticise the 'Big Footy Group Think' when you disagree with their opinions .... but if a heap of people agree with your opinion, then they're 'reasonable' people.

Having said all that, I agree with you. :thumbsu:

Back on topic, I'll be heading down to Unley this week to watch the Double Blues and my team the Roosters. Looking forward to seeing the Crow listed players in action.

Hi Guys,
I wonder if any of you will make it to the reserves game between North and Sturt? If you do, can you please have a look at a guy playing for Sturt for me? His name is Tom Bateman. He's a tallish, skinny guy.
He's an ex basketballer who played in the country for a year before doing the pre-season with Sturt last year. He couldn't get released from Glenelg (who are his country zone) and so effectively sat out of footy last year.
I know the Crows were having a bit of a look at him early in 2008 and so would be interesting to hear how he goes.
Cheers!

Will Young comes back into the Norwood reserves side after missing a few weeks. Kite might be a chance to drop back to the reserves when they finalise the final squad although unlikely.

The South v Norwood reserves game start at 8:45am down at Noarlunga so it's a nice early start for Will. I think its a 7:45 am report time.

Not that I'm usually too picky, but you criticise the 'Big Footy Group Think' when you disagree with their opinions .... but if a heap of people agree with your opinion, then they're 'reasonable' people.

Probably a fair call. However i think there's a clear difference in considering other posters opinions about the timing and information of a thread posted and that of the abilities and actions of the players, coaches and administators. Consider it a difference between procedural group think and substantive group think.

Also, there's a difference between group think and agreeing opinions. Group think occurs like this "Moran's soft", "Yeah he is" and then before the next week "Moran better not be soft" and it becomes a self-fufilling prophecy which Moran cannot escape from on here as some posters will always see it through these lenses. There are also some posters (one springs to mind) that aren't sufficiently intelligent enough to develop their own opinions and hence will baa these thoughts away.

If some of the better posters here, think Macca23, Cmndstab, Vader etc. all have the same opinion, which they've reached rationally and independently it should not be dismissed as worthless group think, but probably the correct opinion.

RoosterLad said:
Jo... speaking of editing the op you might need to change the game to Prospect.

My bad:eek:

FWIW I've added Young and Donnelly to the players lining up this weekend.

Will Young comes back into the Norwood reserves side after missing a few weeks. Kite might be a chance to drop back to the reserves when they finalise the final squad although unlikely.

The South v Norwood reserves game start at 8:45am down at Noarlunga so it's a nice early start for Will. I think its a 7:45 am report time.

Which means he'd probably have to leave home at what, 6am;)? Geez thats very harsh, wouldn't blame him if he suddenly decided to "give it(the ankle) another week":D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MOre ballers the better.

I want to approach the afc to do basketball scouting for them in state juniors.

Too much talent there to go wasted.

Just do the scouting and then email them. Hell I once emailed the club with the name of someone I thought was the goods and Rendell himself emailed me back asking what connections I had with the dude and how I knew him. They will listen.

Just do the scouting and then email them. Hell I once emailed the club with the name of someone I thought was the goods and Rendell himself emailed me back asking what connections I had with the dude and how I knew him. They will listen.

Was that N. M. by any chance. Just Curious
;)

Tell you what, Davis is going to be some player.

So cool, calm and collected and his foot skills are fantastic.

Can't speak highly enough of his footy smarts too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows in the SANFL Round 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back