Crows in the SANFL Round 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Bullshit we won by a point. Just listening to it on the Radio.

Wow my mistake. :eek:

Last time I trust SANFL Live Scores.

I was listening to it earlier but it kept cutting out so I gave up and just checked the scores every now and again. For some reason the (-) in minutes played made me think it was over.

A mistake I will gladly accept. :thumbsu: Nice comeback.

Wow my mistake. :eek:

Last time I trust SANFL Live Scores.

I was listening to it earlier but it kept cutting out so I gave up and just checked the scores every now and again. For some reason the (-) in minutes played made me think it was over.

A mistake I will gladly accept. :thumbsu: Nice comeback.

LOL should have belted that rabble, not happy even though we won.

Really like the look of Davis. Plays like a genuine KPP. Looks very composed and seems to have a lot of time - the mark of a good player. For a big guy he is also a beautiful user of the ball, rarely see him burn it:thumbsu:

I think we may have a seriously good young player on our hands here.

LOL should have belted that rabble, not happy even though we won.

Yeah very happy they got up but after last weeks result I would have expected more. 11 goals 19 behinds, still win after kicking 2 less goals :rolleyes:

Really like the look of Davis. Plays like a genuine KPP. Looks very composed and seems to have a lot of time - the mark of a good player. For a big guy he is also a beautiful user of the ball, rarely see him burn it:thumbsu:

He does look very composed and moves really well for a player of his size. Has a good mark and doesn't mind dropping into the front of packs and putting his body on the line. 20 disposals and 4 marks they just said on ABC which considering his quiet 2nd half is a good return :thumbsu:

Fantastic isn't he.

When you consider how little SANFL football he's actually played - he's doing tremendously well.

David is growing in confidence all the time.

I saw him in the last 1/4 running to create (unfortunately not being used) which I was hoping he would do more.

He is going to be special.

Loved when he got in the face of a Sturt guy after he missed a shot on goal. I was beginning to think he was too nice!!

Davis is going to be very good. He's playing a strange role at the moment where he seems to be sticking very tightly to his man or covering for the others. I'd like to see him attack a bit more and show an offensive side to his game.
Still he does read the ball well and often positions himself to help others. He marks the ball well and is very rarely beaten in a one on one comp. As others have noted his coolness and assuredness with his hands are most notible. He makes good decisions but his kick looks a bit chippy at the moment.
I get the impression he will probably be 12 months away from seeing what he is actually capable of. Make no mistake however, he will eventually replace Bock at CHB and be very, very good.

Gill was pretty good at CHB. He ran really hard and did well spoiling as well. He could fill in for one of our KPD if required but I still think he will be gone by seasons end.
Martin is an interesting one for Sturt. He really works hard running the lines and taking the game on. FWIW however, I can't see him making AFL until he fixes his kicking.

On another note, did anyone get there early and see Tom Bateman in the ressies?

Firstly I agree with the rest. But im not commenting because I would just be reiterating what you have already said

On Bateman, checked the Budget, found out he wore #47, but I didnt see a #47 out there for Sturt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Davis is going to be very good. He's playing a strange role at the moment where he seems to be sticking very tightly to his man or covering for the others. I'd like to see him attack a bit more and show an offensive side to his game.
Still he does read the ball well and often positions himself to help others. He marks the ball well and is very rarely beaten in a one on one comp. As others have noted his coolness and assuredness with his hands are most notible. He makes good decisions but his kick looks a bit chippy at the moment.
I get the impression he will probably be 12 months away from seeing what he is actually capable of. Make no mistake however, he will eventually replace Bock at CHB and be very, very good.

Gill was pretty good at CHB. He ran really hard and did well spoiling as well. He could fill in for one of our KPD if required but I still think he will be gone by seasons end.
Martin is an interesting one for Sturt. He really works hard running the lines and taking the game on. FWIW however, I can't see him making AFL until he fixes his kicking.

I think Davis will be our CHF in a few years and a good one at that. He can take massive contested marks and is very good at kicking goals as well. Just at the moment he is developing well in defence but i think he will eventually become a key position forward for us.

I think Davis will be our CHF in a few years and a good one at that. He can take massive contested marks and is very good at kicking goals as well. Just at the moment he is developing well in defence but i think he will eventually become a key position forward for us.
he would do quite well at either end, but I think McKernan would be the CHF going forward.

I think next year, we will release Otten onto the ball, with Davis taking the 3rd tall back spot.

and question. Anyone know what was up with Gallman?

I didnt see him in the ressies, and he was not in the seniors.

he would do quite well at either end, but I think McKernan would be the CHF going forward.

I think next year, we will release Otten onto the ball, with Davis taking the 3rd tall back spot.

and question. Anyone know what was up with Gallman?

I didnt see him in the ressies, and he was not in the seniors.

I think you're right about next year. Davis will take the back pocket spot and this will release Otten further up the ground. Playing him in that roll will be a great chance to get the pace of the game.

You're right in that he could be a very good forward (see his few reserves games last year). I just think he will end up at CHB (Kind of in a C Cornes role). I can't see him playing forward with Tippett, McKernan etc.. coming through as well. I also remember Rendell saying after he drafted Davis and McKernan that he had our bookends for the next ten years. I can't see McKernan playing CHB.

It's lovelly to think about isn't it!

sooo dare I ask...... did Sellar string two good games together?
Also interested to know this.

The Bays had a big win, so fingers crossed he was a part of that.

Yeah very happy they got up but after last weeks result I would have expected more. 11 goals 19 behinds, still win after kicking 2 less goals :rolleyes:

He does look very composed and moves really well for a player of his size. Has a good mark and doesn't mind dropping into the front of packs and putting his body on the line. 20 disposals and 4 marks they just said on ABC which considering his quiet 2nd half is a good return :thumbsu:

He took a very good overhead mark in front of a fast moving Chambers and got cleaned up. Very couragous and at not stage did he drop his head knowing full well he was in the danger zone. It also seemed to fire him up.

I think he is going to be a very,very good backman. Seems to have a full bag of tricks. Not sure about him as a forward, never seen him play up forward. But could be an option as he he does have some really good qualities for a tall player. He can play tall or small, if that makes sense.

FWIW Rendell hinted after the draft last year that he had loved McKernan as a CHB - he had seen him in a TAC Cup game get 30 odd pssessions back there and runs forward well. Craig also stated that they had taken Davis as a forward.

Nonetheless, the development of both of them as forwards could be important to the Crows just in case Tippett does decide to go north to the Gold Coast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows in the SANFL Round 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back