Rumour CROWS-RELATED TRADE RUMOURS - ALL trade rumours go here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard a couple of rumours over the weekend... The first being of a trade involving us, Freo and the Bulldogs. Basically Griffin to Freo for a draft pick and that draft pick and Knights to the Dogs.

The other one is that Moran won't be on the list next year as he doesn't think his knee is up to footy

Does that then resut in us getting Griffen? God I hope so. If we have to lose Knights I'd want some quality. Certainy woudn't do Knights for Minson and we have no need for Everrit.

Does that then resut in us getting Griffen? God I hope so. If we have to lose Knights I'd want some quality. Certainy woudn't do Knights for Minson and we have no need for Everrit.

The person who I heard it from, who heard from someone else, didn't know what we would get for Knights and the draft pick if it happened.

I have never ever considered getting Griffen at Adelaide was anything more than a pipe dream. I am now not so sure.

I was talking to some people very much in the know on Friday and it appears that within the Bulldogs there is a very real fear that Griffen could be leaving at the end of the year. Not that I necessarily believe it but there are certain high profile bulldog members that reckon its all but a done deal.

The high level Adelaide official also involved in the conversation also led me to believe that it was a real possibility.

I'm not saying that its going to happen but I am quite confident that the dialogue has begun.

It is also almost certain that we will get somewhere in the viscinity of pick 26 for Bock. Dont be at all surprised if this pick gets traded elsewhere immediately (i.e trade week). The GC and GWS will be involved in trade week this year. GWS apparently have some 17 year olds on the table.

It is also almost certain that we will get somewhere in the viscinity of pick 26 for Bock. Dont be at all surprised if this pick gets traded elsewhere immediately (i.e trade week). The GC and GWS will be involved in trade week this year. GWS apparently have some 17 year olds on the table.

This isn't really how it works, I believe. We don't get a pick "in a vicinity", we get a pick that depends upon where our draft pick is taken, except if we choose to use it in 2010 or 2011 in which case it goes at the start of the second round. I don't believe the compensation pick can be traded. I'll be very surprised if we use it this year.

Re Walker, too many folks make easy assumptions, just because a player gets dropped it does not mean that he will pickup his bat and ball and piss off.... lets give the lad more credit

Re Ryan Griffen, like Knights he has refused to negotiate until the end of year so hopefully where there is smoke there is fire, I would love to see him in the crows tri colours

Not a rumor but more my thoughts

IMO the crows should look at trading Sellar, I know there are plenty of Sellar lovers on this board that have been willing him on for the past few seasons however it could be a win-win for club and player in particular James himself.

IMO James in not a AFL ruckman or defender, he will play his best footy as a forward and given Tippett, Walker and Hendo are locked away I cant see too many opportunities for James at the crows. Richmond and Carlton are 2 clubs that are crying out for another KPP up forward, Richmond need another big body to support Jack and Carlton only really have Henderson as a tall forward....

I've heard a couple of rumours over the weekend... The first being of a trade involving us, Freo and the Bulldogs. Basically Griffin to Freo for a draft pick and that draft pick and Knights to the Dogs.

The other one is that Moran won't be on the list next year as he doesn't think his knee is up to footy

I heard that rumour at the beginning of the week. This came from my mate who was at a Crows function monday night. He was told this by a person who is apparently friends with James Fantasia. According to this person it is a done deal.

Sellar at Richmond would work.

I'd probably take Nahas in a straight swap maybe, we need more crumbing forwards.

NO!

Sellar was ok last week and gives a decent contest in the ruck. He's only played his 2nd game in 20 weeks of AFL. Not one of his better games last night but I would not under any circumstances be trading for Nahas... not in my worst nightmare.

The only person I would contemplate trading Walker for at all would be Sam Day. Would be the only possible outcome under the sun where we could possibly break even or win. For that we'd need pick 1 to guarantee it. Not gonna happen.

NO!

Sellar was ok last week and gives a decent contest in the ruck. He's only played his 2nd game in 20 weeks of AFL. Not one of his better games last night but I would not under any circumstances be trading for Nahas... not in my worst nightmare.

Re Nahas agree

Re Sellar, IMO he is not a AFL ruckman, yes he tries hard however we need more n the ruck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re Walker, too many folks make easy assumptions, just because a player gets dropped it does not mean that he will pickup his bat and ball and piss off.... lets give the lad more credit

:thumbsu: Have often thought this, BS assumption from BS artists.

Re Ryan Griffen, like Knights he has refused to negotiate until the end of year so hopefully where there is smoke there is fire, I would love to see him in the crows tri colours

Its starting to make sense...if neither of these guys sign soon then this is a trade that works for both clubs needs.

Not a rumor but more my thoughts

IMO the crows should look at trading Sellar, I know there are plenty of Sellar lovers on this board that have been willing him on for the past few seasons however it could be a win-win for club and player in particular James himself.

IMO James in not a AFL ruckman or defender, he will play his best footy as a forward and given Tippett, Walker and Hendo are locked away I cant see too many opportunities for James at the crows. Richmond and Carlton are 2 clubs that are crying out for another KPP up forward, Richmond need another big body to support Jack and Carlton only really have Henderson as a tall forward....

I'm not sure where Sellar would go or who would want him but I generally agree. He's got "depth player" or "list clogger" written all over him here because of the reasons you outlined, but I think he can go on and have a pretty decent career elsewhere.

I heard that rumour at the beginning of the week. This came from my mate who was at a Crows function monday night. He was told this by a person who is apparently friends with James Fantasia. According to this person it is a done deal.
But who do we get from the Dogs!! Surely if both of you have heard this rumour, there must be an inkling of who we'll get from them.

NO!

Meh, I'm not high on him either, but I could see it happening.

heard on the radio that rhys palmer is unhappy at fremantle and has supposedly named adelaide as a preferred destination with johnathon griffin mentioned in any potential deal

the gogs board seemed pretty confident that Grifen is going to leave

my view, it is time the crows land a "big fish" and Griff is the obvious target, he is a Adelaide lad and is only 24

what else might be on Griffen's mind and is in our favor

IMO I believe that if the Bullies dont win the flag this year they could be in trouble, Aker is gone, Hall, Eagleton, Hudson and Johnno are past 30, next season Hann, Gilbee and Hardgrave will all turn 30 and Boyd, Murphy, Morris and Lake will all turn 29, so it could be argued that the WB squads best footy is behind them and they have not been able to come up trumps

Looking at our list is could be argued that over the next 5 years our best footy is yet to come and given that Griffen is only 24 he could be part of a realistic premiership charge over that period of time

heard on the radio that rhys palmer is unhappy at fremantle and has supposedly named adelaide as a preferred destination with johnathon griffin mentioned in any potential deal

The Fremantle Board are saying that the coach / player relationship is toxic as Harvey blames Palmer for Barlow's injury

thats where the whole thing has stemmed from - if we could land griffen and palmer id be very pleased

thats where the whole thing has stemmed from - if we could land griffen and palmer id be very pleased

NC has gone on record and said that we need some outside midfielders to complement the likes of Thommo, Danger and Sloane

I would also like to give Krakour another opportunity, since his release from prisonhe has carved up the WAFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back