Rumour CROWS-RELATED TRADE RUMOURS - ALL trade rumours go here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Griffen, Hurn, Jacobs, Thomas, Vezpremi, Walker (andrew)....

anyone know of any more?

Is there an uncontracted players list floating about somewhere?

Is Jordan Russell uncontracted?

Probably a good dozen players you've scarcely heard of and could never on your luckiest day predict.

So north Melbourne players then?

Is Jordan Russell uncontracted?

Nope. Nor is Walker though he might ask to be traded. Mark Austin might be one your talking to. A promising CHB originally from Adelaide. Struggled badly this season after missing the preseason and about first half of the season with a mystery injury though I'd be loathe to lose him. Probably the best CHB prospect on our list and the Crows have decent cover there.

Can't read all 482 posts but has anyone mentioned Nathan Djukerra (sic?) who is likely to leave Geelong? We are in such desparate need of a crumbing forward, that I would be surprised if we were not in for him.

I really think unless Matt Rendell agreed to his email being posted in full on Bigfooty this should be taken down. Other clubs might read it and gain some advantage and regardless he replied in good faith to 1 person, not the entire world. Reckon the Mods should take this down (interesting though it is)

dont think its a big issue recruiting managers from other clubs could just email him to gain info. Im sure anything that shouldnt get out he would let out to the public.

Nope. Nor is Walker though he might ask to be traded. Mark Austin might be one your talking to. A promising CHB originally from Adelaide. Struggled badly this season after missing the preseason and about first half of the season with a mystery injury though I'd be loathe to lose him. Probably the best CHB prospect on our list and the Crows have decent cover there.

Probably the last thing we need at the moment. If there's one thing the Crows have never struggled to find, that is quality CHB's. We seem to be able to throw any old dud back there and he'll be an AA quality CHB, toweling up the likes of Brown, Franklin, Carey, Loewe and Riewoldt before you know it:eek::D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw someone said you need a small forward... Where is Jacky at??? Remember he had pretty decent wraps on him.

Saw someone said you need a small forward... Where is Jacky at??? Remember he had pretty decent wraps on him.

Jacky got a 2 year contract last year but is as good as gone. In his third year now and is struggling to get out of the SANFL reserves. We are still in need of a small forward.

Griffen, Hurn, Jacobs, Thomas, Vezpremi, Walker (andrew)....

anyone know of any more?

Is there an uncontracted players list floating about somewhere?

Phil Harper said on 5AA that there were 20 players on Adelaide's list from other clubs that they would be following up with the players' managers.

Phil Harper said on 5AA that there were 20 players on Adelaide's list from other clubs that they would be following up with the players' managers.

I thought this was an interesting comment by PH. I wonder what percentage of these are originally from SA, and the likelihood of actually pushing a trade through.

So all of a sudden Neil Craig is going to change his trading philosophy? i find that hard to believe.

If Chris Knights stays, we don't have any trading commodity and pick 14 in a compromised draft isn't going to land us anything of real value. Sounds like more spin.

So all of a sudden Neil Craig is going to change his trading philosophy? i find that hard to believe.

If Chris Knights stays, we don't have any trading commodity and pick 14 in a compromised draft isn't going to land us anything of real value. Sounds like more spin.

The draft is only compromised due to GC getting all the early picks. Pick 14 is still worth pick 14, the talent's still there, there's just limited access to it for the existing 16 clubs.

I stand to be corrected, but i understood that even contracted players can be traded provided both the club and the player agree to do so.

As for Craig's philosophy on trading, noble as it may be, i'm sure that he nevertheless accepts the need for it and we do have a list management committee who all have a say.
IMO the lack of trading over the last 5 years has more to do with the restructuring of our playing list - now that we have gotten rid of the skewed bias to the older end and gone the opposite road where we have lots of younger players, we are in a position to trade. I had no real problem with our drafting/trading over the last 5/6 years. Had we traded away some of our picks then we may not now have such players as Dangerfield, Otten, Davis, etc etc.

This year obviously we can go hard at it in trading but only trade if we can get players to improve the team and give it the chance of a premiership tilt - ie elite/good midfielders plus a decent quick/defensive forward.
I would not want the Club to trade in just anyone such as Brisbane did last year - what a waste that was!

I stand to be corrected, but i understood that even contracted players can be traded provided both the club and the player agree to do so.

As for Craig's philosophy on trading, noble as it may be, i'm sure that he nevertheless accepts the need for it and we do have a list management committee who all have a say.
IMO the lack of trading over the last 5 years has more to do with the restructuring of our playing list - now that we have gotten rid of the skewed bias to the older end and gone the opposite road where we have lots of younger players, we are in a position to trade. I had no real problem with our drafting/trading over the last 5/6 years. Had we traded away some of our picks then we may not now have such players as Dangerfield, Otten, Davis, etc etc.

This year obviously we can go hard at it in trading but only trade if we can get players to improve the team and give it the chance of a premiership tilt - ie elite/good midfielders plus a decent quick/defensive forward.
I would not want the Club to trade in just anyone such as Brisbane did last year - what a waste that was!

Contracts have nothing to do with it, yes they can be traded if all parties agree. However, Neil Craig has the philosophy that he will only trade a player out of the club that asks to leave. Unless he changes this philosophy (and i find it hard to see he will), Chris Knights and Johnathon Griffin will be the only players on the table. If Chris Knights signs a new contract and wants to stay we have nothing going East.

The draft is only compromised due to GC getting all the early picks. Pick 14 is still worth pick 14, the talent's still there, there's just limited access to it for the existing 16 clubs.

Didn't the GC suck out a whole lot of players last year who would have been in this draft? Hence Pick 14 may be really in the 20s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back