Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

You couldn't be more of a moron if you tried, could you ??

It's only the most famous case of victim injustice in the 20th century.

But if you like, it would've been much the same as if Ivan Milat were found non guilty ?? Or is that too racist against people of Eastern European descent
So you're using a case of someone who was white who was found guilty but imagine if he wasn't...to justify your hate of people of colour being found not guilty...in a justice system stacked against them?

I have no words, I really don't.

Do you type this shit out with a pillow case over your head with eye holes cut out?

So you're using a case of someone who was white who was found guilty but imagine if he wasn't...to justify your hate of people of colour being found not guilty...in a justice system stacked against them?

I have no words, I really don't.

Do you type this shit out with a pillow case over your head with eye holes cut out?
Mate you are a clown, there's no denying it.

I think you’re being far too generous.

We had to achieve 5 objectives to score an A.

1) Bring in at least one elite player - FAIL

2) Bring in at least 3 best 22 players - PASS

3) Retain our first three picks in the 2024 draft - FAIL

4) Retain our first three picks in 2025 draft - BORDERLINE (can we turn a F3 + F4 into a F2???)

5) Not use up too much of the salary cap - BORDERLINE (what are we paying ANB, Cumming and Peatling.

I think a C to C+.
That’s because you’re a tosser

I think you’re being far too generous.

We had to achieve 5 objectives to score an A.

1) Bring in at least one elite player - FAIL

2) Bring in at least 3 best 22 players - PASS

3) Retain our first three picks in the 2024 draft - FAIL

4) Retain our first three picks in 2025 draft - BORDERLINE (can we turn a F3 + F4 into a F2???)

5) Not use up too much of the salary cap - BORDERLINE (what are we paying ANB, Cumming and Peatling.

I think a C to C+.
Seriously why are you wasting ours and your own time writing such utter shit?

Ok, maybe an exaggeration but he clearly is not the greatest judge of players.

Even this year he kept picking Hamill despite Hamill himself knowing he wasn't getting another contract.
Carlton also just moved on a midfielder that played every game, finished 10th in the B&F and was best clubman. List management and coaches aren't always aligned for whatever reason. Nicks did drop Hamill a couple of times after games where he played decent and then he didn't get a look in once Bond secured his spot, the writing was on the wall then.

College Football Sport GIF by Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic

Carlton also just moved on a midfielder that played every game, finished 10th in the B&F and was best clubman. List management and coaches aren't always aligned for whatever reason. Nicks did drop Hamill a couple of times after games where he played decent and then he didn't get a look in once Bond secured his spot, the writing was on the wall then.
So?

Did Voss get a cooked player to a trigger, drop him and then hamper list management.

Also staggers me why you feel the need to even try and defend Nicks, can you explain by besides being a club employee? I’m pretty sure you’ve even bagged him during the year, so feeling guilty or disloyal?

So?

Did Voss get a cooked player to a trigger, drop him and then hamper list management.

Also staggers me why you feel the need to even try and defend Nicks, can you explain by besides being a club employee? I’m pretty sure you’ve even bagged him during the year, so feeling guilty or disloyal?
Cmon man, we both arent a fan of Nicks but I disagree on this. Yes Smith was out of form but a coach, any coach is not going to refuse to select a player they want to because of a contract trigger on next year. If anything, he should never have had the trigger in the contract in the first place, thats dumb list management with older players.

We did have injuries and he had to play players he didnt want to. He had no interest in playing Dowling, Taylor and Curtin at all. The selection of Smith on the trigger is less than an issue on playing a sub par mediocre Murphy who his very selection lost us games. The Geelong game where he disappeared for a quarter during the time we needed everyone to stand up is galling. Yet he kept getting selected. That is by far worse than the selection of Smith. He at least held smith to some sort of a standard by dropping him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hamill is a decent player but he is your run off defender not a lock down defender which is what we need to help balance the side.

Cmon man, we both arent a fan of Nicks but I disagree on this. Yes Smith was out of form but a coach, any coach is not going to refuse to select a player they want to because of a contract trigger on next year. If anything, he should never have had the trigger in the contract in the first place, thats dumb list management with older players.

We did have injuries and he had to play players he didnt want to. He had no interest in playing Dowling, Taylor and Curtin at all. The selection of Smith on the trigger is less than an issue on playing a sub par mediocre Murphy who his very selection lost us games. The Geelong game where he disappeared for a quarter during the time we needed everyone to stand up is galling. Yet he kept getting selected. That is by far worse than the selection of Smith. He at least held smith to some sort of a standard by dropping him.
It feels like he picks his 25 man squad in the preseason but then when it goes to shit, he panics and throws darts at the board.

It feels like he picks his 25 man squad in the preseason but then when it goes to shit, he panics and throws darts at the board.

he has a different way of selecting players thats for sure.

Nicks way of selecting
1. Genuine Stars
2. Feel good PR selection of a young star from game 1 unless they need to learn deep defense first.
3. Experience
4. Mature bodies
5. non statistical shape runners
6. young players knocking the door down for games and needing AFL development.

In search of finals the selection list only goes so far as the first 5.

The issue is his judgement. He played an out of form Smith whilst we didn’t have that many injuries. Eventually he had to relent because his form was that bad, by then it was too late he hit his trigger. If he saw what everyone else saw, he wouldn’t have kept playing Smith. Smith hitting his trigger is a by product of Nicks having shit for brains and being slow to catch up.

So?

I didn't defend him, just pointed out that coaches for whatever reason sometimes play guys that list management don't want. Wasn't a defence of Nicks haha

Hamill is a decent player but he is your run off defender not a lock down defender which is what we need to help balance the side.
I was at the MCG when he did a brilliant lockdown role on Bobby Hill, one of the most dangerous small forwards in the comp. He's good enough to be on an AFL list, but I get that with his concussion history and Bond showing some promising signs late in the season that he was surplus to needs. If Bond doesn't show that late season form, I think he's the one delisted and Hamill remains.

lol I didn’t defend him but “hey look he’s not the only one”.

Cmon, what was the point of your post if it wasn’t to lessen criticism of Nicks?
I just responded to a post and provided an example of it happening elsewhere, that's it. Eagles just delisted Witherden after playing him most games for 3 years too. Bond's late season form changed the clubs opinion on Hamill imo, I reckon he would've been given another 1 year deal otherwise. Hope he finds a gig elsewhere.

Whether you’re being serious or trying to be funny, wtf are you on about

My simple point is that you can’t get everything.

We could keep all our picks and fail to trade in any best 22 players (like last year).

1) If we want to attract high quality free agents then we don’t need draft picks but we do need to pay them more than other teams (e.g. Cumming).

2) If we are seeking to trade in quality players then we have to pay them handsomely and it will cost us good draft picks.

I am amused that some posters who complained last year that we didn’t add to our best 22 then complained this year that whilst we have brought in three best 22 players via free agency/trade it has cost us our 2nd and 3rd draft pick this year.

Haters are gunna hate, I guess.

I was at the MCG when he did a brilliant lockdown role on Bobby Hill, one of the most dangerous small forwards in the comp. He's good enough to be on an AFL list, but I get that with his concussion history and Bond showing some promising signs late in the season that he was surplus to needs. If Bond doesn't show that late season form, I think he's the one delisted and Hamill remains.
Our depth of defenders is to a point now that players can be seen as surplus to needs more so than being a poor performer. His concussion issues may have prevented him from finding a home for now but it wouldnt surprise me to see him pop on a list again. A club that could probably benefit is Port funnily enough.

My simple point is that you can’t get everything.

We could keep all our picks and fail to trade in any best 22 players (like last year).

1) If we want to attract high quality free agents then we don’t need draft picks but we do need to pay them more than other teams (e.g. Cumming).

2) If we are seeking to trade in quality players then we have to pay them handsomely and it will cost us good draft picks.

I am amused that some posters who complained last year that we didn’t add to our best 22 then complained this year that whilst we have brought in three best 22 players via free agency/trade it has cost us our 2nd and 3rd draft pick this year.

Haters are gunna hate, I guess.
Yes you are simple, I’ll give you that.

Guess you missed where I rated the trade period a B+ but not an A because we failed to address our ruck position where we are stuck with a ruck we’ve dropped 2 years running and basically have zero options on our list to replace him.

But of course that’s beyond your level of understanding so you create a bullshit post amusingly thinking you’re being clever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back